MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you come here ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
    I come here to read about good people talking about Our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm a sinner and unworthy of God's mercy and blessings, but He gives me more than I deserve of it. Amen. May He bless you all.
    Thank you for your testimony . Admission , praise , conviction . You are part of the 'all' here .Thank you . If we simply help one another through this fallen world loving Jesus Christ we are on the right path . Love thy neighbor .

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    I am going to shock a bunch of you brick and mortar dislikes, I don't like religion. The only things I do religiously are my morning coffee, my quiet time to pray and study, and take a shower. I am not religious I am a Christian I have a relationship with the Father by the blood his Son shed for my sins. When the Lord called me to the ministry I wore two shoulder holsters and lived by them. I knew nothing about the Bible so He sent me to seminary. I serve Him because He loved me when I was the meanest cuss around and nobody else could. I was borned again in to the kingdom and I serve a risen Savior.
    Powerful, Brother!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Victor fox if the Lord could reach me you are a piece of cake just ask him to come into your heart and be your savior
    He is already my Lord and Savior, brother! But we are weak and foul mannered critters that are constantly doing things He dislikes...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Thank you for your testimony . Admission , praise , conviction . You are part of the 'all' here .Thank you . If we simply help one another through this fallen world loving Jesus Christ we are on the right path . Love thy neighbor .
    Amen. He knows how hard it is at times and how we end up saying and doing things He told us not to... But His Spirit makes us feel bad about it later and repent of our ways.

Preacher Jim thank you sir.

While I may have issues with the church and what mankind has done to it.
    I have been finding that if I start and end my day thinking of him, listening to some good gospel music, or in prayer that life just seems to go smoother. There are no issues, there are no arguments, there is peace like a river flowing through this house.

I believe that man has screwed religion to the point I am not sure it can be saved.

I also believe that a lot of people are going to be very surprised when the last trump sounds and they are not whisked away to heaven.

Meantime I'll keep coming here, keep thinking about HIM, and my faith, and doing the best I can to be ready.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Meantime I'll keep coming here, keep thinking about HIM, and my faith, and doing the best I can to be ready.
    That's all i'm doing as well....
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

I come to the Chapel for one to honor and praise GOD by sharing in His greatness by praying for one another, This is the place on line where I can share my burdens or praises with like minded Christians. I come here to draw strength from my brethren and to uplift those who are down trodden. I come here to show and receive love as by this all men will know we are Christs disciples. I come here at times just to read replies and see how others are striving in this present evil world. I am so thankful for this Chapel that GOD has provided!

Many good posts here , many glorifying our Lord , part of the reason each of us is drawn to this place . This is a safe place to do these things , others want to hear you . Shared experience , shared lives , sharing GOD ! There are actually people here that CARE , caring is almost dead . I have tried to teach my children you can't accomplish anything and get it right unless you care. How many places do you have to go where others actually care about you ? I feel many are afraid to post here but feel they will say the wrong thing or don't have the bible memorized . Heck ! We are just trying to learn and enjoy doing it as it should be . I'm always praying for the ones lurking to come on in .
    Praise GOD
    Boaz
    Last edited by Boaz; 08-10-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Excellent prayer, Boaz! Most Christians really just haven't developed their faith fully yet, and we're indeed ALL of us works in progress, and we all fall short at times and in various ways. But we're all still Christians, just at various stages of development, and with our own various missions in this life. Christianity is just like any large group - it takes all kinds for us to have the right "tools" to accomplish God's will overall, and each of us has a place in that, and certain talents and tasks we perform.

One very dear friend of mine is 74 and fighting cancer and several other problems, like artery disease. He has for years now, been constantly working for others he knows and loves, and who can use his skills as a mechanic and all around fix-it guy. He does it all for free, and for the simple pleasure of utilizing his great talents to help folks. He's one of those old-style mechanics that can listen to a motor and tell you what's wrong and he knows what to do to make it right. He's a virtual savant! But God uses him almost daily to achieve His wonderful will.

Everyone here, whether they post or not, has his or her place in God's grand scheme of things. But it really would be nice to at least have them introduce themselves, and let us know what they think of what we're doing here, and trying to do. And EVERYONE has something to contribute here, I think, even if it's only an "Amen." It ALL matters, and all denominations are welcome, completely. Thanks, Boaz, for pointing this out to us and inviting the lurkers in. The more the merrier! And I've never met another Christian who I couldn't learn something from.

The last part of Blackwater's post is verification and truth ;

Everyone here, whether they post or not, has his or her place in God's grand scheme of things. But it really would be nice to at least have them introduce themselves, and let us know what they think of what we're doing here, and trying to do. And EVERYONE has something to contribute here, I think, even if it's only an "Amen." It ALL matters, and all denominations are welcome, completely. Thanks, Boaz, for pointing this out to us and inviting the lurkers in. The more the merrier! And I've never met another Christian who I couldn't learn something from.

You will never be tested here , our bible tells us to gather and share our faith and love of GOD . It tells us to admit our failings which are many .
    To admit a failing is the fist step in resolving it . We all fail , we all falter . The others here know and understand , it is a shared experience . All here understand it as a strength and not a weakness . It provides opportunity to help , pray , share .
    I'm one of the less intelligent here , lol I mention it often and my failings are regular but nothing except encouragement has been given me in response .

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    +3 with Bubba and Buckeye on the churches and preachers. I come here to 'drink from the well", offer/ receive support through prayer and fellowship. Also I get to poke ole "porkbutt".
    I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! Stay after me with no let up please ! The diet ain't goin that great , thought the hot weather would be a good deal for the weight loss but keep having dizzy spells if I don't eat and drink enough . Haven't gained any back but really disappointed in the 'break even' place I'm at . Thank you for that ..PORK BUTT !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! Stay after me with no let up please ! The diet ain't goin that great , thought the hot weather would be a good deal for the weight loss but keep having dizzy spells if I don't eat and drink enough . Haven't gained any back but really disappointed in the 'break even' place I'm at . Thank you for that ..PORK BUTT !
    My best friend just had gastric surgery and is facing that same "plateau" of weightloss you are at. Due to his rapid losses from surgery and limited diet he is stuck at home with low blood pressure and dizzy spells......stay healthy and keep at it Boaz!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    I come here as a duty to the Lord and to you. It is a duty i happened to like but no one knows how long they may do it.

The Bible says strengthen your Brethren.. I try but being the worst of bad examples makes it double hard. I always try to pull us together instead of apart. I use quotes because i like them and the quotes can say so much more than I can.

I try to use short to the point posts ( my wonderful English teacher said he would charge me $1 for each extra word I used in school and all I had was lunch money- $0.35... Bless You Mr Smith!!!!)

If I am ever accused of being a Christian I hope there is enough evidence to convict me... Maybe these posts will help....

Let us be Always Faithful.....

Although I am a seminary graduate, I am not a pastor, and might not ever be one. Still, I get to fill the pulpit sometimes at my church of membership, which is a great blessing. I came to this forum, because someone asked me to pray for them. After a time, I saw this as another avenue to serve. I am just grateful that my words can be seen by so many people; I cannot stop myself from sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Wayne
    Last edited by WRideout; 08-10-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    Although I am a seminary graduate, I am not a pastor, and might not ever be one. Still, I get to fill the pulpit sometimes at my church of membership, which is a great blessing. I came to this forum, because someone asked me to pray for them. After a time, I saw this as another avenue to serve. I am just grateful that my words can be seen by so many people; I cannot stop myself from sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Wayne
    You put up good posts Wayne , the lessons and encouragement are seen and taken . If you pursue the ministry I feel you will do well . Your experience , knowledge and teaching show in those posts . GOD has gifted you , he will lead . Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    I come here as a duty to the Lord and to you. It is a duty i happened to like but no one knows how long they may do it.

The Bible says strengthen your Brethren.. I try but being the worst of bad examples makes it double hard. I always try to pull us together instead of apart. I use quotes because i like them and the quotes can say so much more than I can.

I try to use short to the point posts ( my wonderful English teacher said he would charge me $1 for each extra word I used in school and all I had was lunch money- $0.35... Bless You Mr Smith!!!!)

If I am ever accused of being a Christian I hope there is enough evidence to convict me... Maybe these posts will help....

Let us be Always Faithful.....
    My style of posting by choice is similar , but in my case probably due to less intellectual capacity and the fact that I type with one finger . Making a long post is a time consuming mind challenging journey considering those factors . I prefer to make simple statements but oft times it just doesn't leave room for response .
    In honesty I say you do well with your words and you are faithful to follow up . I know your heart is right .

Boolit Master
    Thank You Boaz.... A compliment of the highest order...

I joined the forum for the knowledge base. When I started casting, I was in need of trained help, and I found it here. I stayed because of the community. It's like I'm listening to friends at my local club. This sub-forum, The Chapel, started to get my attention when posts in the main forum referred to it. Then my 30 year old son committed suicide last November. I have a good life, a good marriage, a lot of blessings, but this loss was and continues to be a great challenge. It's a special place to come and talk to other shooters, other men, other people that see the world more the way I do. I don't need platitudes, rainbows, and unicorns. I understand how the world is, that faith takes courage, and that God may be there for me and with me, but He doesn't just fix everything. I come here because none of us do this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ASM826 View Post
    I joined the forum for the knowledge base. When I started casting, I was in need of trained help, and I found it here. I stayed because of the community. It's like I'm listening to friends at my local club. This sub-forum, The Chapel, started to get my attention when posts in the main forum referred to it. Then my 30 year old son committed suicide last November. I have a good life, a good marriage, a lot of blessings, but this loss was and continues to be a great challenge. It's a special place to come and talk to other shooters, other men, other people that see the world more the way I do. I don't need platitudes, rainbows, and unicorns. I understand how the world is, that faith takes courage, and that God may be there for me and with me, but He doesn't just fix everything. I come here because none of us do this alone.
    I thank you for the kind words about this forum which you are a part . I remember you mentioning your son , I do not pretend to know your pain but wish I could share it to lessen the burden brother . You have experienced that many just don't know what to say , afraid they will say the wrong words . You are my brother and I love you . I will pray for you and your family . GOD can give comfort and ease pain of loss , that I know . You will be in my prayers . When your able come and spend time here , you are not alone .
    Charlie

ASM826 thank you for sharing sir.

We all carry burdens of one sort or another.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast