WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Remmy 783

Boolit Master

Post Remmy 783

I thought that I had bought a Ruger 77 in 7mm Rem Mag - but it turns out that it was a Rem 783 in 7mm mag, and the deal fell through.
    So. What do you think of the 783? I have a 788 that I had rechambered to .223 (from .222 - Rem hadn't produced it in .223 yet), and it does fine with 50-grainers (1-in-14 twist), but I've heard that he 783 is not the gun the 788 was. What say???
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

I think it's Remington's copy of a copy of a Savage 110. It should be a good gun although it screams restock me. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    It is a cheap entry level rifle. I have held them and put them back on the rack. I have no idea on how they shoot so I can't speak of their accuracy. I choose to buy 700s if it's Remington. Since owning CZ and Tikka that is what I look to first.

Boolit Master

Accuracy is what I'm looking for, not a high-gloss blue job &cetera. I found a Savage 110 on gunbroker, and hope I win it.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Banned

but ugly gun but ive never heard bad accuracy reports from them. Just the opposite. Ive been told there exceptional shooters.

Boolit Master

Somebody sniped me on the Savage - I bid $330, and someone got it for $330.99. Criminy...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U

I like mine in 270 Win. Figured this was good enough to go hunting with. Nighty night yodogs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imr4350_2_35Whelen 007 (800x600).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Somebody sniped me on the Savage - I bid $330, and someone got it for $330.99. Criminy...
    Dang the luck. I would check out the Marlin or Ruger American. I see them for less than $300 sometimes. My brother has an old Sav 110 .243 long action/ blind mag, shortened barrel spray painted camo that does .75" all day. No he won't sell it! Since being DISCOVERED -Savages cost more than they did ten years ago.