Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Looking for someone to make a 'housing' that will hold Lyman H&I dies in a SS press

Boolit Master

Looking for someone to make a 'housing' that will hold Lyman H&I dies in a SS press

Ammohead used to make these but he is moving and won't be up and running for a goodly while

{"Rod,

I made myself an adapter that fits in my rcbs rockchucker that will take any lyman/rcbs sizing die and use it as a pass thru sizer. I make a pusher for each diameter that fits in the shell holder slot and the die goes upside down into the bottom of the adapter. Put the boolit on the pusher and raise the press till it comes out the top (bottom) of the die, viola. Works with any size die you have.

Feel free to pm me."}

From what I could figure out this is has threads that will go into a press and the center will hold a Lyman H&I die (set screw?). The pushrod is similar to the Lee push through sizers but longer so a bullet will be pushed completely through the die/holder in one pass.

any suggestions?
    thanks
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

Why not just remove the center pin of the Lyman die along with the push out rod and it's holder from your lyman sizer. Bend a small piece of sheet metal to a 45 deg. angle and stick it with some lube on the right angle casting under the die opening. Run your bullets through the die and catch them in a container under your sizer. That's what I did with my with mine when doing large amounts of TL bullets before I got my Stars.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

True. I actually got an attachment that hooks to a tube that does that. I'm always afraid about cross threading the 'nut' that holds the die in place.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Master

I'm always afraid about cross threading the 'nut' that holds the die in place.
    I have found that gently applying pressure to the top of the nut with the ram aligns it perfectly every time. I have done this on a number of Lyman sizers and it works great.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

that works well also...

back in the day Keith (The Perfessor) made a fitting that would fit in the bottom of the ram and had a magnet to hold the nut square with the hole. Works well but, let's face it, I'm a sucker for something new and shiny.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Bub
    Do you have a sketch or picture of this adapter? I have a lathe, mill, etc so might could make it if I had a drawing.

Boolit Master

Start by hand and if cross threaded you won't ruin a nut or ring.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

I see if I can make a drawing of what it would look like
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Master
    Just go to( casting equipment) and look for my post( press mounted adaptor) ammohead posted a pic of the adaptor mounted in a press tdoor4570

Boolit Master

here is the link to tdoor4570's posts and it has a picture http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ounted-adaptor

probably a drilled out die would work with set screw to hold H&I die. Maybe not open the die all the way so it would have a 'step' at the top for the H&I die to push against.
    Last edited by Walter Laich; 08-16-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Master
    I remember reading on some forum somewhere that the body of one of the Lee specialty dies was exactly the right size to do this, but I don't remember which die. Maybe one of the crimp or collet dies? I know I either read it here or on The High Road.

NOE might make something like that. I know they make a push thru sizer kit.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.