RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Buck 112

Boolit Mold

Buck 112

I was sending my 110 back to the factory to have a blade replaced. $10.00 by the way is the charge for that service. And while on their website looking for the address for repairs I looked at the knife offerings. It occurred to me that I did not have a 112 in my current collection and went to Amazon to order one. It arrived today and it was so refreshing to see some things don't change. the 112 was the equal of my first 110 that I purchased when I was a senior in High School in 1972.

Boolit Master

I have owned several buck knifes and still prefer a good carbon steel knife for my use.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    I have a few Buck knives, mostly used, but I do have one 112 that I purchased back in the early to mid 80's, still in its box, never used. My first Buck was a 110, purchased at the Px, back in 1973. Carry it when I go deer hunting and have used in all but one or two of my deer. I do have a Gerber Gator with a guthook that I like real well, too.

Boolit Master

I have and use buck knives, 3 in particular, a 105 that was a gift from my best friend from the Marine Corps, a larger 119 that was a gift from my best friend I grew up with and a newer omni p12 I believe that a very kind member here sent to my daughter when she got her first deer yes it was with a cast boolit and peep sighted lever action!

In Remembrance

I have several well worn down blades of 2 model 112 Buck knives. I was unaware of their blade replacement service. How about an address to send it to?Robert

Perma-Banned
    The 112 is my absolute favorite buck knife! And I have a drawer full of brand new buck knives to choose from, the buck 112 is an all around rock solid good knife! I have worked up many Elk, deer, bear, Turkeys, etc. you name it, i do it with my 112

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    I have several well worn down blades of 2 model 112 Buck knives. I was unaware of their blade replacement service. How about an address to send it to?Robert
    check out this link, Robert.
    https://www.buckknives.com/customer-...irs-exchanges/

Boolit Buddy
    In 1966 a man walked into my dad's shop and wanted to exchange his broken Buck 110 because it had a lifetime warranty. Dad looked at the knife and the tip of the blade was broken off. Dad replaced the knife and chastised the owner for throwing the knife and told him he would not honor another knife if he continued to throw it. Man left store and dad looked over at me and asked if I had a Buck 110 yet. I replied no and dad gave me the 110 with a broken tip. Took me many hours to work the blade into the proper shape and sharpen it. I still have that knife today and it still holds an edge better than any other knife I have ever owned.

I have seen the 112, but i've never had one. I do have a 110 though, a modern one, that my wife got me for valentines day. It is pretty decent. It holds and edge fairly well, and sharpens easy. I think my favorite thing about it however, is that it reminds me of the story of Gene Moe, whom killed a grizzly bear with a buck 110.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 03-08-2019 at 03:52 AM.

In Remembrance

I carried a 112 Buck for over 35 years as an industrial pipefitter/plumber. I think that I used those 2 knives in about every manner you should not use a knife, with them never failing on me. You name a need for some other tool and I used those knives for it. I lost track of how many leather sheaths I went through, at least 6. The knives are an very early model that has no date code on the blade and only 3 rivets on each scale side. The other is a newer model with an additional side rivet that I bough in the `80`s sometime. The blade replacement cost is worth it to me to remind me of my younger `Salad Days` as we called being young.Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    I carried a 112 Buck for over 35 years as an industrial pipefitter/plumber. I think that I used those 2 knives in about every manner you should not use a knife, with them never failing on me. You name a need for some other tool and I used those knives for it. I lost track of how many leather sheaths I went through, at least 6. The knives are an very early model that has no date code on the blade and only 3 rivets on each scale side. The other is a newer model with an additional side rivet that I bough in the `80`s sometime. The blade replacement cost is worth it to me to remind me of my younger `Salad Days` as we called being young.Robert
    The older Buck 112s with no date code were made with
    440 stainless there are many that prefer this steel even
    today with all the super steels available the 440 is very good .

Boolit Master

tell me more about this "date code".
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    Something about not fixing things that aren't broken. I think Buck may be one of the few that realized you don't have to reinvent it every few years if you get right the first time. Wish Benchmade had figured that out.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

I also received a Buck 112 when I entered High School and I wore that knife every day. One day I lost it fishing in a very deep "hole". I couldn't find a replacement for many years. Switching to a 110. I wanted a 112 some years back eBay came popular for finding such things and I started looking. I bought three or four but none where my vintage. maybe three years ago I found one built in late 1970's and in as new condition. Its now a cherished reminder of less painful days. I think this is one of the newer ones as I think I see two dots after the 112. Should have one dot each side for a 1970's mfg.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I have a 110 that I had sent to me in VN in 1967. It survived a lot abuse that a knife should not be used for.

Since, I bought a 422 made in 1992. It is the 112 with plastic scales and was once called "buck light". I have carried afield ever since and am saddened to learn that they are no longer made. Great knives.

Boolit Master

For those who prefer high carbon steel to stainless many Buck models are available in 5160. copperandclad.com/new-category/

Boolit Master

My 110 Came as a H.S. Graduation Birthday Present from my Dad in the 1971. I went in the U.S. NAVY Two weeks later. Had the blade replaced in 1990. Best Knife I ever owned.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I generally carry my 110 everyday. The older ones are too hard to sharpen for my tastes. I also have a 426 which is the bucklite version. It has a replacement blade of 420hc stainless. I came by it in a small lot of junk knives I bought. I sent it back to buck because it had a broken blade, expecting them to call for payment. They never called but instead fixed it for free. I've carried it hunting but not used it yet on game. It's special to me.

Buck now has a 110 lite with plastic handle, looks nice and balances well but all the ones I've handled have play in the blade lock. Still made in the USA. I'd like to find one that is tight enough to suit me.

I also like the 345 folder, nice size and feel. Not to mention the 192.