RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donation Drive Q & A.

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar

Donation Drive Q & A.

This thread is for the Donation Drive Q & A. Any questions or praise that you would like to give! Thank you all for your donations in keeping this place alive and active!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master
    I put in $20.

I guess the only question I have is where does the money go? I'm sure it is needed, but letting people know why the money is needed and what the money allows you to do would help encourage more people to donate.

Boolit Master

thats what my only question would be, does this go to fund infrastructure( I like that this site runs fast) or does it go to salaries of some sort. I always thought that the little bit of advertising on this site funded most of the needs (I buy from the advertisers when ever possible). other than that keep up the good work, even with the few squabbles that flare up time to time this is the most informative site I know of. the moderators all have a thankless job so a quick thanks to them

Boolit Master

I have my donation set up on Paypal for annual donation subscription, So it dumps in $20 every year to support Patron status.
    Mike

Above is stated "This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights!"
    As to what this means, I do not know,

but the ANNUAL quest for ONLY $6000 is not going to make anyone rich
    AND
    my $20 is cheaper than a magazine subscription and much more info is gained here
    Last edited by skeettx; 08-01-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

That is why I chose sponsor. Great site.

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Good questions. The funds from the donation drive go into a bank to pay all the server fees for the year. The cost of a full dedicated server that we have is quite expensive just for the server. I am pretty good at handling the server backend software but there are a lot of times i have to hire out to proffesionals in their respective areas to keep this place running efficiently and securly. There are lots of sites that can get hacked and have your email stolen or private messages with your personal info such as home addresses. So i take security quite personal because i do not want any of your information going where it dont belong. I upped the donation from 5,000 to 6,000 because our home is going to start getting much busier as this next election gets closer so the server may be needing more upgrades and security measures. Thanks everyone for the donations!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master
    Makes sense to me, thanks for the info. It is one of the reasons I signed up to be a member as soon as I joined. Will make a donation once payday hits .

Thanks for keeping this place up for us all.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

In Remembrance

I chose to renew my membership: does it all go to the same place, eventually?
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Banned

all donations go to keeping the site operating.

Boolit Buddy

I love this place and give every year. It sure aint much. And thanks to all the guys and gals that keep er runnin

Boolit Master

This is some of the best use of the money I donate to various causes. I get more return for my relatively small donation in the form of hours and hours of pleasure reading and exchanging information on a subject that I love. In addition I have made several good friends because of this meeting place. My heart felt thanks to those who own and keep this place running.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    This is some of the best use of the money I donate to various causes. I get more return for my relatively small donation in the form of hours and hours of pleasure reading and exchanging information on a subject that I love. In addition I have made several good friends because of this meeting place. My heart felt thanks to those who own and keep this place running.
    I couldn't agree more

Been flying over for years - GLAD I finally landed and joined

Kicked in $20 just now to help with election year deluge.

Is this fund drive in addition to my / our yearly subscription?
    Last edited by K7sparky; 08-02-2016 at 09:36 AM.

I am trying to renew my sponsor donation. I get put into this endless loop when I try to pay with check, etc.
    HELP!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I used this drive as an excuse to go ahead and become a "patron" of the site. As stated earlier in this thread in several ways, I've gotten much more than $20 worth of info from this site, and met a few like-minded folk.
    I've found several vendors that I didn't know existed, and (unfortunately) several products I didn't know I needed until I discovered the products.
    Come to think, this place just continues to cost me money....

Boolit Master

sent a check snail mail.

Banned

i'll send it along Fish.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I am trying to renew my sponsor donation. I get put into this endless loop when I try to pay with check, etc.
    HELP!
    Do you have problems using PayPal for any other action?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Do you have problems using PayPal for any other action?
    I don't use PayPal. I'll just send a check with a note.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    The question I have is how is the relationship between " Cast boolits" who has No1 as owner/CEO and Gunloads who has Gunload Master as CEO/CFO. Can the relationship be explained and does the money fund both sites or just one?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    The question I have is how is the relationship between " Cast boolits" who has No1 as owner/CEO and Gunloads who has Gunload Master as CEO/CFO. Can the relationship be explained and does the money fund both sites or just one?
    That is an interesting question, I didn't see the username when the post popped up. It appears Gunloads is a separate forum than owns this site now?
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast