WidenersLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: ADCOR Defense With Forward Charging Handle Piston Driven AR

ADCOR Defense With Forward Charging Handle Piston Driven AR

I recently ordered an ar 556 ADCOR Defense https://www.adcordefense.com/product...lite-fde-quad/

they have a $300 coupon code out there you can easily find via google search.

I was wondering if anyone had some reviews on this rifle and company. As so far What Ive seen they performed well in the Army trials looking for a newer ar version .

What experiences does anyone have with the piston driven ar s and heating issues?

im brand new to the site so forgive me if there is another thread all ready about this company.

Boolit Grand Master

I can't speak for the adcor rifle in particular but can give you my feedback on piston driven AR.

I currently have 2 piston driven AR rifles. A Sig 716 Patrol (7.62 X 51) and a POF 415 (556). They are both accurate enough for combat. Gases go out towards the front which makes it dirtier up there and can become warm with rapid fire. Both have been reliable for me.

For my purposes they are easy to clean and have the "different than DI" factor. My next AR will likely have a DI system due to cost and no real benefit on my end.

In the end, I just say "Eh" about the piston systems and go on with life. I'm happy to have them, but it would never be a deal maker or breaker for me.

Boolit Master

Nothing wrong with a piston, if you redesign to take carrier tilt into account, but they seem be be a solution to a nonexistent problem - - unless perhaps you consider the problem to be untrained or slobbish personnel who don't maintain their gear. Every time the Army looks at M16 replacements, the answer is always "Better? Maybe, but not so much so that it's worth discarding the established logistics train of spare parts and experienced armorers"

Pistons do make the gun heavier and add that weight to the reciprocating mass of the gun. The ones I've fired have been a little slower to come back on target as a result. They also add to your parts count, which is something I've never been a fan of.

I've seen two videos in which full auto direct impingement guns are run mag after mag until destruction, and in both cases, it took about 800 rounds. You won't exceed or even approach that kind of heat in the real world. Keep the bolt carrier semi-wet with CLP to keep the carbon semi-fluid and it'll go and go and go.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.