Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ghost peppers

Boolit Grand Master

If you gotta use haz-mat procedures to handle it I'm not gonna put it in my mouth! I love foods that most folks think are hot but jalapeno is about as far as I can enjoy...unless someone else wants to eat them, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I prefer a Chilli that has super flavor with building heat .......That is why I love and grow the Aleppo Chiles!
    Super flavor sauted With foods and a build up of heat in your chest not an uncomfortable numbness in your mouth and lips For me it takes about four red ripe aleppos to trigger this sensation; once the heat builds in your chest you start to sweat but not uncomfortable mouth, nose lip or throat feel and nothing on the other end the next day! I don't eat Chillies for shock treatment, I eat them for taste and pleasure. I pretty much cook all my evening meals from end of July on thru September with a few fresh aleppos. For lunch I use my home made Aleppo fermented chili sauce on my food. For me there is no need for much else.
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

My wife works at the harley store near us. Every fall they have a chilli cookoff and it is awesome. Last year a sales guy had a ghost pepper chilli that was excellent! But then I really like extremely hot foods that have a great taste also, this chilli had it.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter2 View Post
    ABT recipe:

brown one lb jimmy dean pork sausage
    add garlic to taste
    add one 8 oz box cream cheese and a tablespoon or two of sour cream (melts nice if left on low heat)
    cut jalapeņos in half and remove seeds
    fill peppers with sausage mixture and wrap with a piece of bacon
    smoke over Apple wood at 250 degrees until the bacon is nice and crispy and brown
    That sounds awesome thanks for the recipe.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    If you gotta use haz-mat procedures to handle it I'm not gonna put it in my mouth! I love foods that most folks think are hot but jalapeno is about as far as I can enjoy...unless someone else wants to eat them, lol.
    I'm with you. But I do like them slightly hotter than jalapeņos. I honestly hate the taste of them. I don't know why people like them so much. Now habaneros I'm down w/. They taste better to me and a little goes a long way. I do wear gloves when cutting them. Touched my eyes after washing my hands twice and still got hit. I don't want to repeat that experience.

Vendor Sponsor

There are 3 Caribbean peppers that I don't know how much difference there are in them, but they are Scotch Bonnet, Red Caribbean, and Red Sovina. They all look alike. I thought Scotch Bonnet and Red Caribbean were one in the same. The Red Caribbean is by far my favorite hot pepper, I love that waxy sweet flavor that they have, and you can NOT get that authentic Caribbean flavor to Curried Goat or Ox Tail Soup/Stew without these peppers. The best thing about the Red Caribbean? No burn on exit!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!! Jalapenos on the other hand, 1/10th as hot, do a number on me a day or so later.. Ugh!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    I prefer a Chilli that has super flavor with building heat .......That is why I love and grow the Aleppo Chiles!
    Super flavor sauted With foods and a build up of heat in your chest not an uncomfortable numbness in your mouth and lips For me it takes about four red ripe aleppos to trigger this sensation; once the heat builds in your chest you start to sweat but not uncomfortable mouth, nose lip or throat feel and nothing on the other end the next day! I don't eat Chillies for shock treatment, I eat them for taste and pleasure. I pretty much cook all my evening meals from end of July on thru September with a few fresh aleppos. For lunch I use my home made Aleppo fermented chili sauce on my food. For me there is no need for much else.
    Aleppo are on my garden list for next spring! Didn't have much luck with all the carpy rain this year and flooding, hoping next year will turn out better for all my peppers. I enjoy the "building heat" factor as well, I don't mind sweating while eating but I like to taste it for a second first.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I have a few Habanero plants, in pots. They are 3-4 yrs old and a crazy good year for them. Will post a pic after I take one.

not bad for a city boy with no land
    Last edited by brassrat; 09-06-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    Derek,
    Always have luck with Aleppo's I have even over wintered plants and I'm in NE Pennsylvania! The fact is they are of the "Pimento" style chilles so they grow on shrubs: very fleshy and can not be dried in the usual fashion They either have to be salted & dried (like Cod fish) or I have had some success Dehydrating them & making Pulverized powder ( Great On Pizza) I mostly freeze the ripe fresh fruit for use all winter until a new crop sets in!
    If you need seeds PM me The Hot Pepper websites sell them at 10 seeds for $10 While worth it that is a high price...however I do every few years buy new fresh seeds to be sure my strain stay pure ( but there are no other pepper plants around me for 1/4 mile)
    Jim
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Derek,
    Always have luck with Aleppo's I have even over wintered plants and I'm in NE Pennsylvania! The fact is they are of the "Pimento" style chilles so they grow on shrubs: very fleshy and can not be dried in the usual fashion They either have to be salted & dried (like Cod fish) or I have had some success Dehydrating them & making Pulverized powder ( Great On Pizza) I mostly freeze the ripe fresh fruit for use all winter until a new crop sets in!
    If you need seeds PM me The Hot Pepper websites sell them at 10 seeds for $10 While worth it that is a high price...however I do every few years buy new fresh seeds to be sure my strain stay pure ( but there are no other pepper plants around me for 1/4 mile)
    Jim
    I do believe you provided the current seeds I am using. Thanks again! I had thought peppers were an annual crop that needed replanting each year. If that is the case, we barely get cold enough to freeze for 2 weeks outta the year. I can start some again in a container and see what happens. Like most things I'm a bit guilty of just tossing seeds in the garden and 'seeing' what happens . Pumpkins appear to be dang difficult to kill...
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Derek,
    Then you are in luck: just like certain Cayenne peppers If you have the right seasons they come right back because they are a shrub not a normal annual plant. Up here in PA we have a long winter so I bring some in in October & set them back out in April and play freeze tag until May when it really gets warm!
    The only pest to worry about over winter I have, is a 23 pound Orange Tiger cat that loves to harvest fresh greens as they grow!!!
    Jim

Vendor Sponsor

Ha I just found a volunteer Hungarian Black Wax plant that grew from last year's discarded seed, it has a couple of peppers on it!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    This Evening was nice here so I sat outside and processed about 60 Red Ripe Piment D'Espelltte Chillies Not really excited about these & can't figure out why the French prize them so highly! Can't eat them fresh because the skin is as hard as nails Green or Red. Roasted & skinned not so bad But not great! Best I can do is what the French do; Cut them open Take out the seeds and dry them and turn them in to chilli powder It is tasty but not so special as the prices of the French stuff suggest.
    2/3 of my Chille growing this year was based on these French Chillies ( glad the other 1/3 was my beloved aleppos!)
    Next season a new try with "Urfa Biber" but even then as I have learned my lesson: it will be 50/50 with Aleppos!
    Anyone wanting seeds from these French Piment D'Espelltte Chillies let me know because I'm just dumping them in the grass as I clean them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12