Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a stranger

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Just a stranger

Today a man came in needed some work done , told him we had a waiting room and it was a heck of a lot cooler in there. He said ok and went there . Bout 5 min later he came back and said ;

I see you have two bibles on a desk in there .

I said ...Yes sir !

He said ; most people don't do that anymore .

I said ...That's true but we do .

He said ...You have a KJV AND a Catholic bible .

I said...Yes.

This started a very long talk . He introduced himself and said he had moved from Dallas and taken a managerial position with our newspaper . Said he was studying and going to enter the ministry. Said he had been a drug addict and dealer in the past and wanted to work with addicts . We talked a good while .
    I told him of several programs at different churches and knew a few names to give him . Some how I feel we will meet again .

SO ! How many did you talk to today about GOD ?

Boolit Master
    Well...I talked to yall . Thanks for the uplifting story.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Thanks for sharing!

We have to start talking to people ! There are many Christians out there that need reinforcement . There are many that need to know GOD . We have been too lax , we have been too PC , we are afraid of what peoples perception of us is . Christians in this country have never before thought like that ! They got out there and tried to fulfil the great commission . We are afraid .... OF WHAT ! Are we just full of 'GOD' hot air . Afraid of being rebuked by a non believer ? Afraid of not being 'popular' instead of standing up for our belief ? Are we ashamed of our GOD ? WHY DON"T WE SPEAK UP ??

They are waiting for YOU , the backsliders , the non believers , the agnostics , the children , the drug addicts , your family , the undecided , the victims of our government's trash , the mislead , the misdirected , the uninformed and last but not leased the lost . The list goes on and on while WE wait for THE REST OF US to fix it . The same thing that happened to our country . WE got to get our hands dirty , we got to get busy , WE WE WE GOT TO GET IT DONE ! Time is short , WE have wasted time , We can't go back and fix it but WE still have time ! No one else will do it but US .
    Last edited by Boaz; 11-10-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Boolit Master
    the undecided, the mislead, misderected, lost, etc
    You know yall got me back in the fold just by arguing on here right? That's why I didn't want you to stop posting =P. yall made some decent points that I couldn't answer with logic and got schooled. So here I am.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    i think Jesus said it best with a command to go into all the world and tell. Whom did i tell today only one nurse and a young man i met in a hospital. shame on me i talked to many more people.

Moderator Emeritus

You make a great point, Boaz. Can't recall who said it, but "all that's necessary for evil to overcome good is for good men to sit and do nothing." Political correctness decrees that people NOT talk about "religion" because it might be a divisive issue and folks might actually ARGUE about it. Consequently, we Christians have voluntarily submitted to this as "simple manners."

But if there's one most crucial reason WHY things are the way they are here in the US today, I believe it's because so many, many of us have adopted that PC tenet and have forgotten the "Great Commission."

And when we HAVE spoken to others about Christ, it's too often been "beating them over the head with the Bible" in nature, and not good, common, frank, honest relating of what the Bible says and what it's meant to us in our lives.

The best witnesses I've seen and heard and done was always devoid of all but a few Bible verses, and when quoted, I've always done it with a confident smile, and softly. It's really just supposed to be about making a "connection" with the person or persons involved. Just be a friend to them! Be real, be frank, and don't back up, and don't put them down.

LEAD them! After all, what we have to share with them is SO good and SO real that even a child can "see" it! And the typical cynicism and nihlism of today cannot withstand the simple, absolute Truth. Just let it work its magic on its own, and it will. Mostly, it's all about attitude. Folks don't trust and turn away from being "preached at." Approach them as one traveler to another, and they respond MUCH better. That's how Christ did it, isn't it? He just looked them in the eye, and told them the simple Truth, and he always did it lovingly and with great honesty and sincerity. It's our attitude that makes all the difference.

There should be NO condescension, no looking down on sin (we're ALL sinners, remember?), and we need to talk more about "new beginnings" and our sins being washed away, rather than condemning them in ANY way. People are LED to Christ. They can't be herded there by beating them!

I sometimes think we don't really fully realize the power of Salvation. Consequently, we usually, especially if we've not dome much talking about our Lord, feel rather inadequate, or at least fear we might be, in talking about our faith. Many have faith, but have a really hard time discussing or defending or extending it to others. Mostly, that's because we simply haven't tried, and because we hold ourselves to WAY too high a standard.

We can't all be Billy Graham. There's only one of those. But what we CAN do is simply relate what Christ has done for and meant to us. And that's really all it takes, and is the best way to get others to be interested in our message. Just talk frankly and unashamedly about what Christ has meant to us. Who wouldn't be interested in being or becoming more serene, and satisfied with our selves and our lives, whatever they might be? Most folks think of coming to light as becoming something entirely different - virtual angels! Of course it's not like that at all. We don't become angels until we cast off this earthly body we're trapped in for the present. We are still human, but we ARE changed!

Nothing shows outwardly when we come to light. It's internally that the change happens. And yes, it does most DEFINITELY make a HUGE difference! We don't get any super powers to resist sin. We just do it much less BECAUSE of what's happened to us internally. But without those "super powers to resist sin," we're still subject to do it, and it's most likely to recur when we put OUR will and desires before God's.

And if we Christians would simply talk frankly, openly and very honestly, and just cast some bread upon the waters, evil always shrinks away from such open and honest and low key displays of real faith. And it doesn't have to even be the quality that Billy Graham might be able to put forth. All it has to really do and be is simply open and honest and sincere. That's enough. And it's "enough" that matters.

Often, people are most impressed by a simple, honest and sincere telling of our story of what Christ has meant to us. The only thing we really need is to learn what that is! We just need to think back, and really identify just what it is that really moved us, and what Christ HAS meant in our lives. This is something most Christians simply haven't done.

Once we come to light, it's really easy to not think much about it any more, and just enjoy it. But that's not what we have been charged to do, and with obvious good reason. How can we spread the word when we don't know, and haven't even really considered, what Christ has meant to us in our own lives?

This is the reason, I think, or at least a large part of it, why we've been admonished to "study to show thyself approved." Study doesn't just mean reading and thinking about the Bible. It also means studying our own existence, and what the Lord has done for us, especially after we were brought to light. And that's really simple, even if it's not quite a self-starter for us. We take so much for granted, that it's hard to put into words at first, but we CAN do it. It's just something we have to think about for a while before we can really relate Christ to others.

And the thing is, that first little insight we get about what God has really done for us in our lives, may come hard, but the next one and the next will start falling into place MUCH more easily once we get started with that first one! So prepare yourself. Every one of us meets and/or knows folks who we can talk to about Christ. All we need to do is simply take a cue from Nike and "Just do it." But beforehand, we need to simply prepare ourselves by knowing what it is in our lives that God has truly done for us. If we haven't thought about that yet, it's something we really need to do anyway, if we're to appreciate more fully just what Christ HAS done for us. And it's all too easy to take that for granted, if we don't do our due diligence and simply do these simple things before we go out trying to share our faith. After all, how can we share something we don't yet fully understand ourselves?

So, just give a little thought and analysis of your own life, and what Christ really HAS meant to you. The answers are probably very simple, but it's those very simple and basic things that really make all the difference in our lives, isn't it? And the more we think about what all Christ really HAS done for us, the more grateful we naturally become, and that instills in us greater confidence, believe it or not.

So, if you've never really done much sharing of the Lord and what He's done for you, with others, it's time to just simply organize and clarify your own experience so you CAN share it with others. The best part is, it's really pretty simple, except for those first realizations, but once you get started, there's really no end to it all, and it just keeps flowing and flowing, like a flowing spring. And THAT, my friends, is when it REALLY starts to impress upon us all just how great and loving and forgiving God really HAS been in our lives.

But never forget, simply looking folks straight in the eyes, and openly, honestly and sincerely telling them what a great influence Christ has been in your life is what it's really all about. Evil can't stand that! All the rest is just "grease" to make the message go down more smoothly for them. All the "grease" in the world, without that simple first principle, probably won't suffice very often, if ever. People see what's really in your eyes, and if it's fear or shame or anything other than real, abiding confidence and satisfaction, no words in the world, even the finest and most flowery, cannot overcome that.

Just look them in the eye and tell them what Christ has meant to you, and don't back up. Just lay it out there, frankly and with love and respect, and it's up to them whether or not they'll pick it up and run with it. You can't control that, and need to be OK with whatever they decide. We all wish there were some "magic words" we could say, but there really aren't any. It's really just about relating to people as people, with love and respect, and a very powerful story. And that's really just how simple it really is to share our faith with another. No magic involved at all. Just folks being folks.

Boaz, I understand your frustration and agree that WE need to get out there more. The time is now, the place is here. BW makes a great point, however, in these times it seems too easy to "turn people off" just by the mere mention of the WORDS God and Jesus. I don't have the answer for all. As for me, I try to live the example, answer honestly when asked, and patiently (the hard part) wait for the seed to grow. Love, patience, understanding and caring are what I try to exemplify and with God's Blessings, Salvation through Jesus Christ and guidance through the Holy Spirit I pray that it is enough.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

We all do what we can or what he puts on us . In days gone by if you heard the name of GOD mentioned in every day conversation it was a normal thing . Now we Christians have been caught in the PC snare . Most of us are not preachers , most are not public or persuasive speakers but we can use his name every day in simple conversation . You don't have to knock on doors and proselytize . If a person lacks the conviction to even mention his name for fear of rejection then self examination might be in order . Jesus himself prepared , fore warned and promised this .

John 15:18-27King James Version (KJV)

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
    If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
    Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
    But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
    If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
    He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
    If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
    But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
    And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Boaz, I understand your frustration and agree that WE need to get out there more. The time is now, the place is here. BW makes a great point, however, in these times it seems too easy to "turn people off" just by the mere mention of the WORDS God and Jesus. I don't have the answer for all. As for me, I try to live the example, answer honestly when asked, and patiently (the hard part) wait for the seed to grow. Love, patience, understanding and caring are what I try to exemplify and with God's Blessings, Salvation through Jesus Christ and guidance through the Holy Spirit I pray that it is enough.
    Rejection is common but not suppose to stop us trying .Specific instruction and direction are given.

Matthew 10; 14

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Rejection is common but not suppose to stop us trying .Specific instruction and direction are given.

Matthew 10; 14

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
    I don't give up that easy. I've found that the problem isn't the WORD of God, but the interpretation or definition of the words we use to define God. That is NOT a rejection, just a misunderstanding. In those instances, I blame myself for not being clear in speaking in an understandable or relatable (is that a word?) way. I pray for clarity and conviction. Sadly, too often, I come up short.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

We all fail at times . There is no guarantee of success but try we must through conviction and obligation . We do the best we can . We learn and move on but never quit . Many is the times I wish I had chosen my words more carefully or tried harder or whatever .

Moderator Emeritus

PB, you make an EXCELLENT point! It's true. Usually, most of those who haven't come to the light simply have (sometimes contrived) a very basic misunderstanding of who and what God and Christ and the Holy Spirit really are. In my experience, a simple good-natured chuckle CAN often get past this. Sometimes not. THAT, when they shut off all access, is IMO when we're to "shake the dust" and go on about our business. No sense wasting time arguing with a brick wall. Nothing can be gained at that point. It's hard for many of us, though, to NOT take that too far, and let it keep us from doing our due diligence when we get a chance to share our faith with someone.

People are usually most receptive when they're down and out. When they're riding high, on the crest of a good wave, it's hard to reach them. Also, in the quieter moments, when people are just being themselves, and not trying to play some part on the stage of the world, they're also more receptive, generally. Here in Ga., with the heat we have now, even that can help people to be open to any sharing of our faith.

And the best way to find out if someone is potentially receptive, is to simply say something about God, in a positive sense. If they respond with some sort of declaiming of God, don't take it personally. Usually I just chuckle, and say something like, "Ah! Then you don't believe in God?" They're usually willing to state some sort of "reason" why they "don't go to church." And often, there's at least some merit to their protests, such as "Christians are such hypocrites!" or something of that sort, or any number of other things. THAT, then, gives us an opening to chuckle and say something of the "yes but" sort. Example: (chuckle) "Yes, but that's far from all there is to it. Christians are simply human, and many are like little children, even though they've accepted Christ. They haven't yet grown enough in His light to do better yet. But, if they do what we're all charged to do, they'll get much better at it. Most folks just don't realize that we don't become angels when we come to faith. On the contrary, we continue very much being plain old human, and thus, prone to err. But now, if they simply and earnestly ask for it, and try to do better, they're forgiven. It's hard for a non-believer to realize just how forgiving God really is. It doesn't make sense until we realize just how huge and wise and all knowing and all powerful God really is. We rob our own selves, usually, of what could be our greatest happiness, when we turn away from God. It's just what we humans do, typically, but if we let Him, he'll come into our hearts and change our whole lives, even if we don't stop being human. This world is really a testing and proving ground, and does NOT suddenly become another earthly version of Heaven just because we come to Christ. The big payoff is when we die, but there are so many, many benefits before then. I don't think anyone can really, truly enjoy life without Christ. When you know there's going to be a reward at the end that we can't even probably imagine, it's hard NOT to enjoy today and all our todays to come until then. I take it you don't believe in Christ?"

From that point, you haven't preached or "beat them over the head with the Bible" nor quoted scriptures to do the same. Old style "fire and brimstone" type prosteletyzing just doesn't work today, if in fact is ever really did. The way to share our faith these days is simply to talk about it very matter of factly, openly, good naturedly, and with sincerity. Most people respond far more, these days (always?) to our simple attitudes than they do to what we say. I can't help but think that it's always been this way?

So if you're not the most eloquent of people, don't ever let that stop you. Just talk to people, and simply share a few things Christ has meant to you in your life. Sometimes, God will provide the words to you if you're really into it, and you will wonder where the words and thoughts came from! I promise you you'll find this happening at times. It's when you ARE being used by God to achieve His will. And all we have to do is simply put something out there for Him to bless! And it really, really matters if we'll simply try it.

As Confucius said, even the longest journey always begins with the first step, and that is usually and by far the hardest. When my son was very young, he'd often look up at me and say, "But Daddy, that's HARD!" In response, I'd just grin one of those sly grins, and ask him, "Awwww! And you can only do EASY things????" He'd always look up at me in disgust, knowing he'd been had, and was just being lazy. We Christians can't be lazy any more. Our country and our families and our friends and our posterity NEED each and every one of us. There's not one among us who can't spread the word. Each of us has our own special talents. One close friend found real belief and began attending church very late in life, and he feels like he's got a lot to atone for. He does this by helping just about anybody with his talents. He's as good a mechanic as you'll find on anything with a motor, including golf carts. And he often won't even let the folks he helps pay for the parts he uses! He's literally generous to a fault. And he's not the most eloquent fellow around, but his generosity and helpfulness is his testimony, and sometimes, it speaks more loudly than words ever could.

There are all sorts of ways to give our own testimony in ways other than with words, and all have something to give to the cause of advancing God's will. One of the fellows at our church is good with just about any sort of construction and can install just about anything. For our audio system in church, nobody was hired. It was all done by volunteers who knew the ropes of how to do it right.

Everybody has a testimony to give, and I believe every one of us is FAR more eloquent than we realize we ever really could be, for it's the message we bear that has the power, even if our own eloquence falls short of what we wish it were. Sometimes, the facts really do "speak for themselves." Just relate it with reverence, sincerity and kindness, and it'll almost always be very well taken, and will always make a significant impression. Real Christianity, put in motion, always leaves a mark! Always. And all we have to do is deliver it as Christ did, with sincerity, love and true belief in it. How could it not leave a mark wherever it hits? Too often, we just don't realize the power of our message, and the ability we really have just in our attitudes in delivering it. Unafraid humility and courage of our conviction go very, very far, even when our words aren't quite what they might be. We have powers we simply don't use, oftentimes.

About a month ago was in the clinic waiting to get called in . An old man in overalls was sitting near , looked like an old working guy . Struck up a friendly conversation . He was a welder , still did part time specialty welding for his son part time . We talked about different rods , situations ,and what he liked to do .
    I simply asked what church he and his wife attended . He informed me they quit church a long time back . I gently suggested they might try and see how it worked out . His eyes narrowed , he got mad and informed me nobody was going to 'tell' him what to do . I told him I agreed , just a thought on my part and listed things going to church had helped me through . He would not talk any more .
    If I see him there again I will try again , I'm actually looking forward to it . Maybe one of us or both will learn from the other . If not then nothing is lost .

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Boaz. Once, I was like most folks and figured I could tell who would respond and who I was wasting my time with. I was wrong! This got proved to me a number of times, when it was the one I'd least have suspected who'd respond who actually "got it." It's amazing how that works. The word of God has NO limitations, and we are VERY wise not to assume anything about whether one or another might or might not respond. We're just supposed to cast our bread upon the waters, and let God and the individual(s) involved decide what comes floating back to us. And too, if we never even TRY to witness to those we don't have faith in, aren't we kind'a condemning them to hell via our inaction and suppositions??? That's certainly not what Christ would have us do. I'm certain of that. None of us knows, really, who'll respond and who won't. And wouldn't Christ want us to give all of them a chance, at least? Makes sense to me, anyway.

J. Frank Norris always said (Baptist preacher);
    I will do anything to keep a man out of hell . It is engraved on his headstone .

Well I feel that faith should begin at home.

So the last 3 days my wife and I have been having some long talks.

I was concerned about bringing it up as in the past a few times I was listening to good gospel music and she would walk through and get instantly angry. But last night when I asked her why she seems ok with it now I was shocked at the answer.

"Because it is making you a better person" " We don't fight anymore, if I say something it just rolls right off you, and you don't try to tell me what to do anymore.

Grrrrrrrrrrr since when is it not a husbands prerogative to tell his wife what to do? Sigh.

But she is right, so I took the next step. I asked her if she would sit down and talk to her God.
    Make sure she is right with him, ask for forgiveness of all sin's, both of commision and ommisions. Those known and remembered and those unknown or unremembered.

A couple hours later when asked how it was going she said something to the effect of "it is in negotiation."

Finally last night she sat down beside me and in a still small quiet voice said "it is done"
    She does not like being criticized much, or scolded, or told what she needs to do.

Tonight for the first time in 20 years we sat down and prayed together.
    Asked for God's blessing, for him to watch over and guide us through the coming days. Asked if he could do anything about encouraging our daughter to move back closer to home. My Step daughter Katies husband is from Jacksonville North Carolina, or subburbs of same, west side.

We worry about them, they are close to his folks but far far from us. To far for me to be able to do anything if the SHTF.

I am not totally sure why, but I feel like I have been toting an 80lb pack for the last 20 years and it just disappeared. Poof, gone, I'm so light I feel like dancing.

My wife and I have a good marriage but she has anger issues, brain chemistry thing. Has been on antidepressants and mood stabilizers for years. But she has supported me through 15 years of hard times with darn few complaints. Knowing that we can take this next mile side by side, secure in our faith, together in HIS will. Well that is just a great feeling.

Men don't take your wives for granted. Talk to them, notice I did not say bark at them, give them orders.
    A big part of talking is listening.

Walk in the light brothers!

Praise GOD ! Thank you for sharing that . I will not go into it very deep but it requires work to have a good marriage . Each should want more for the other than for themselves . Nether can lose under those circumstances .When you see this happen it is amazing .

I will pray you keep building .

In Remembrance

Ghosthawk, that was very uplifting. May I share it at church? I have a radio ministry that is actually the Church's because they pay for the airtime but anyone that want to give their testimony may do so. Also we have some who teach and others like myself who preach the Gospel. Would it be OK to share this on the radio also?
    It is yours and your wife's decision. Either way is fine. Thank you for sharing this.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Well not working at cross purposes makes a huge difference.

Bit like watching a good team of horses work. When the job is clear, and both do their part correctly, with a will, stuff MOVES.

When my wife and I are working together we move mountains. We accomplish amazing things.
    The trick is getting us both lined up and headed in the same direction doing the same job.

But this is a very good step for us and promises much better days to come.

Thanks for the encouragement sir.

My only hope is that someone reads of my journey and is inspired to restart theirs.
    So yes sir, feel free to share wherever.