Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would like to build a FAL

Boolit Master
    wrong material as in wrong steel alloy. I am a steel products guru, and can tell you that DSA has used an alloy that is not as mechanically strong as the alloys used in original magazines. this can be demonstrated through destructive analysis. the strength deficiency shows up in feeding problems because the feed lips are weak, and improperly shaped, in many reported cases. this issue was widely discussed on the FALFILES 2-4 years ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    wrong material as in wrong steel alloy. I am a steel products guru, and can tell you that DSA has used an alloy that is not as mechanically strong as the alloys used in original magazines. this can be demonstrated through destructive analysis. the strength deficiency shows up in feeding problems because the feed lips are weak, and improperly shaped, in many reported cases. this issue was widely discussed on the FALFILES 2-4 years ago.
    I guess I'm safe then since I purchased 30 round mags instead of 20's. By the way there are a few video's on you tube showing the 30 round mag feeding ammo without a hitch under full auto conditions. No doubt since you are a steel guru as you put it you can probably tell me what alloy it is by just looking at it. Dude, really? No doubt you have a hard on for DS Arms for some reason. To be honest here I have taken everything you have posted as nothing more than a vendetta against DS Arms.

Boolit Master
    I was on the waiting list when DSA announced their US made mags. Had some 20s and 30s, neither was reliable as shipped. Some lip bending and deburring and eventually I got them to work, but would never trust them. The plastic "Moses" mags are the only aftermarkets mags I have tried that worked for me, but I still don't trust them.

DSA has had their share of issues. Too many to enumerate. Not many other FAL players still left, lack of options forces you to them. I have seen a dozen suppliers/manufacturers or more come and go in the last 15+ years I have been playing with FALs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12