Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: 375-06 ssk 15in barrel for encore thoughts?

375-06 ssk 15in barrel for encore thoughts?

So I have found a 15in SSK 375-06 JDJ SS barrel for my encore with dies, 100 pieces of brass ready to form and approx 50-100 j word bullets. Rifling looks good. Also has scope base and rings on top. All from SSK. Asking Price from the guy is $350. What do you all think. Also How will this round work with cast and what boolits have you guys used in this kind of set up?
    Thanks
    Matthew
    Last edited by cumminsnut76; 07-26-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Boolit Master
    Can't tell you one it as far as cast. Don't know why it wouldn't shoot. The last one I shot was shooter. Recoil to me was not as bad as I had expected. Nothing I would want 40 rounds of in a match, but a 20 round or so range session would be OK.

Boolit Master
    Ssk makes some of the best Encore barrels in my opinion. The 375-06 should be a good cast shooter, I remember reading about it here. I think it was Buckshot that had done some work with one.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a fun barrel and cartridge to use. I don't see any problem with it. the .375 Whelen is a pretty awesome round too. One could probably take anything with it when out hunting. Of course you don't have to worry about TRex's anymore.

A.K.A. Bullshop Jr. SierraHunter's Avatar
    I have a 375 Whelen and it may be the most accurate big bore I've ever owned. Mine is on a 03a3.

Super Moderator

............My rifle is a 375-06 AI. The jacketed slug is a 220gr 30 Cal. Cast slug next to it is a 352 gr from NEI. 1st loaded round is the 352 gr NEI, next is a 328 gr NEI. My rifle has a 14" twist. I'd think a factory 30-'06 in a handgun would be more stimulation then I'd care to endure myself

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    I think it it too large of a case capacity for a 15" barrel. The standard 375JDJ or the 375 Winchester would be much better with a 15" barrel.