Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Mihec 300 Blackout group buy?

What happened to the Mihec 300 Blackout group buy?

Just curious what happened to the group buy for the Mihec 300 Blackout. I posted I wanted in on the buy and checked the next day but wasn't on the updated list. The next time I checked it was gone. What gives?
    Keep moving forward!

From what it looks like, that group buy (and several others) were shut down due to a lengthy amount of time without being taken to production. It seems to have come to a head when a couple individuals got frustrated with the length of time it took, and repeatedly posted their frustrations in the group buy thread. Ultimately, the honcho got fed up and left, and the group buys were promptly closed until a response was gotten from MiHec.

That is all I see from the surface, and I'm sure there was much more that went on behind the scenes that I have no knowledge of. It is unfortunate, as I was also looking forward to that mold.

Boolit Grand Master

What happened to the Mihec 300 Blackout group buy?

I'm hoping there was more that went on behind the scenes. I fail to see how it reflects poorly on the site. Lengthy group buys only reflect poorly on Miha since he is not affiliated w/ the site.

I know the buys that were shut down have been open for years. But so were the 358156 and 375 H&H buys. Lots of people now have these molds in their hands. Group buys as a whole are outdated. Miha should concentrate on selling directly from his website like NOE and Accurate do.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 07-25-2016 at 03:50 PM.

I personally never understood why the few people who griped so much, did so. I know it's been going for a couple years, but I just set the cash aside and forget about it until it goes to machine.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, or what Miha has got going on that prevents him from moving on these buys. It is just unfortunate. Hopefully everything will be resolved and the buy will be reinstated and finished.

Boolit Master
    I've enjoyed molds from both the vendors, I understand the cost of tooling up and materials and understand why he wants to run them in a group batch. As this is just a hobby of mine I'm content to stand in line for quality products, but if NOE has the identical one and it is available in stock I usually go that route. To each their own, hopefully it gets resolved so yall can get the molds you desire. I did wonder at first what took so long on some vs the other group buys.

I don't know that NOE has an equivalent to this one. Then again, I haven't seriously looked either.

Maybe I need to look lol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    I don't know that NOE has an equivalent to this one.
    Technically you can say they do because they produce hollow point molds. But they are not Cramer style. I own a lot of MP and NOE molds so I have experience w/ both. The Cramer style are easier and faster to cast w/. Both companies produce very high quality molds.

Boolit Master

Anyone who has been around a while should know that GB's some time take a long time. Remember when we did mostly Lee GB's? It never does any good to whine and snivel. Some people are so juvenile. It breeds negativity. And, that has been tainting this entire site unfortunately. I'm still waiting for several GB's myself. I've plenty of other molds to cast with and lots of reloading and shooting to do while I wait.

I was wondering where the one GB went I signed up for. I am willing to wait for a group buy, not like it is costing me money. Though I will say it does look bad when a buy is over 3 years old with plenty of interest and the mold maker keeps opening and delivering new buys while the old buys are not even closed yet and still active.

Boolit Grand Master

The closed buys have been moved to the archived forum. They are there but locked up.

Banned

we are trying to get this cleaned up.

a 3 year old thread with people trying to sign up for the mold does nobody any good.
    especially if no one knows if it's being run, is gonna be run, or has already been run.

the guy trying to sign up has no clue the thread is 3 years old and is waiting on the word for a mold that may or may not be run or is long gone.
    in the mean time his shiny new revolver/rifle/pistol/lever gun just sits there looking cool till the new wears off
    and he still ain't got a clue his mold ain't even being considered.

Moderator Emeritus
    The next time someone chooses to impugn the integrity of a member here they better make sure that they have some hard and substantiated evidence of what they are suggesting because otherwise it amounts to trolling and baiting which is unacceptable on here.

There has been some re-writing of history gone here in the darkness of the night since the first outrageous and since edited post was put up in this thread.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Grand Master

I wasn't trolling or baiting. It's my opinion. But I removed it because it has no bearing on what happened. Just because you don't like what someone has to say doesn't mean it's trolling or baiting. There is an edit button for a reason and I used it.

Moderator Emeritus
    Aye, well, that is only your opinion too.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Banned

Dang it now y'all got the scot's mad at us too.

look, it's simple.
    the forum changes, and your gonna see a few more changes as time goes on.
    we are trying to get the most stuff crammed into the smallest space possible right now, and the V.S. guy's need to communicate better if they are doing runs of tools or molds or whatever.
    that has traditionally been a royal pain around here since day one and the sponsor guy's that promote better and communicate run/shipping times better are more successful [just like in real life]

as far as What Dromia alluded to.
    calling a MOD out is just like a personal attack and IS an offense here.

any of you think you want the job? remember it pays nothing and requires about 4 hrs a day just to keep up during the slow times.
    half your day consists of dealing with problems and complaints, then you get called out for doing something to make things better.

you think he got a little offended?
    wouldn't you?

Vendor Sponsor

GB's will be reopened on my web site. We are working on this matter.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Awesome!

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have a MiHec mold but after this quick reply I may have to look at them. As I understand the wait time may be somewhat long, at least I know this when I sign-up for a group buy. And maybe with the attention brought to this subject the molds may be run in a quicker and more orderly fashion.

Indeed. I look forward to hearing more about this group buy being reopened, even if done on MiHec's site.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    GB's will be reopened on my web site. We are working on this matter.
    Thank you for the update MiHec!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast