RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the Mihec 300 Blackout group buy?

Banned

Miha the threads are not gone.
    we just have no clue as to their standing.

Me, Adam, and NO-1 will work with you.
    we just don't know where things are as far as your production schedule or the status of these older threads.
    let us know, or organize something in your VS area please.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    Miha the threads are not gone.
    we just have no clue as to their standing.

Me, Adam, and NO-1 will work with you.
    we just don't know where things are as far as your production schedule or the status of these older threads.
    let us know, or organize something in your VS area please.

I know that.
    My silence means I'm in workshop and working.
    Lately there is a lot going on and I'm still one and half man band.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Master
    Personally I think having the mold makers run their own forums for their group buys is a double edged sword but apparently it's what is needed and works well for NOE so I'm looking forward to Miha doing the same.

I say it's a double edged sword because I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that I joined CB specifically to buy molds from Miha. Since then I have found much joy and knowledge in participating in the site but had it not been for the group buys I probably would have just lurked and never joined. We have a lot of tenured members here who offer a lot of knowledge free of charge but unless we have new members coming in, that pool of knowledge will eventually dry up. Why close down an avenue of bringing in new members?

That being said. With Miha I have usually gotten good response times as opposed to what some members have said they experience and love the products he has. To Dromia's point, everyone has stuff going on and Miha is no exception. He has to make business decisions on what he can afford to run when and sometimes that leaves us in the cold on a buy for a while. Now that they are moving to Miha's site it won't be CBs concern and maybe it will be easier for Miha to keep these moving forward. I have a feeling Miha puts in more time to his business than any of us can imagine and I for one will gladly be following the new buys at his site.

As I've said elsewhere, this community needs to stick together to stay as useful as it is. It's a wonderful place for many people to come together and share knowledge, passions, jokes, and sometimes products. This process will sometimes be adversarial as people disagree, that will breed better understanding though as long as it's not personal. The site isn't responsible for when a vendor isn't moving on a product and the members should understand that's the point of a forum. Stop giving the mods trouble over things not in their control and enjoy the site. If you don't like something, leave. Throwing a fit and forcing the mods to close a buy only does one thing, closes the chance of that buy happening, which sucks for those who are patient. Again, not the Mods fault.

I will say to the mods though, if your actions are causing you grief like this, maybe think about the actions themselves and whether they were the best for the group. I'm nobody to this site but love being a member. I've seen a lot of members leave recently because they don't like actions that have been taken. Not my place to say whether these actions were right or wrong, just that they lost us experienced compatriots in our hobby. That's a sad loss in my book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    I know that.
    My silence means I'm in workshop and working.
    Lately there is a lot going on and I'm still one and half man band.

I too only found out about these molds via the castboolits forum. I am fortunate to have received a few already and they are as good as claimed. I have joined the MP forum to keep track of anything additional added. Hopefully we can just link to the new groupbuys on that forum from here so members can use both.

Thanks!

^i'll second this.

Boolit Master

Good things come to those that are patient. I have three of Mihec molds. He has always helped me, whenever I had question. Will gladly wait patiently......

Boolit Master
    I believe that a number of mould makers have benefited greatly from the group buy process here, and I think the forum has as well, hate to see it breaking up into individual maker forums as I think it bad for the forum, the makers and the community in general.

That said, the structure of the group buy section is obviously not working; the "active" section is full of threads that are anything but active and "shipping" has turned into "archived."

Not my place, but I'm curious why active threads with ongoing interest got pushed to archive instead of maybe back to discussion and why both "active" threads and "shipped" threads with neither interest nor updates for a year or more did not get archived. Not even sure if archiving is generally the responsibility of the honcho or of an admin, just know that it hasn't been happening.

In closing I want to make it clear that I appreciate the work that the admins put into this e-place and that I accept that I have neither the right to demand, nor the expectation to receive, any explanation of their decisions.

Moderator Emeritus
    The only threads that have been archived are those that are moribund in that they have been here for years but there has been no indication of them ever going been delivered upon by the chosen mould maker, especially when younger buys seem to get set up, signed up for and delivered and these older buys just linger in the void. The reason for moving them is stated in the archived threads and if there is evidence forthcoming that they will be delivered then they will be moved from the archive.

It has been the honcho's responsibility to notify when buys are closed, shipped and complete so that the threads can be moved to the appropriate forum unfortunately that rarely happens now.

At the end of the day it is the mould makers/honcho's responsibility for the threads, we are keen to help all we can but to do that people need to communicate with us and thank you to those that do.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Banned

we want mihec's stuff here.
    heck we want everybody's stuff here.
    we just need to keep the communication somewhat organized.
    [NOE] decided it was easier to link through us here to his own easier managed website.
    and Mihec may do the same thing for convenience.

this whole thing was NOT intended to start a big rowel it is just an attempt to get time frames straightened out and try to see what is active and what isn't.

Boolit Master

I will admit I was surprised at the moving and locking of the threads, sounds like things were posted that should have been kept one on one. The MODs have a fun task keeping things going as smooth as they do, many thanks.
    As far as MP molds and the wait, well I have 13 of his molds, some closed in good time, some not so fast. I just took it as the norm for mold makers after reading up on old threads. The wait gave me time to save up money, as molds are a good bit of scratch.
    I am sure things will work out for the best for all involved.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Vendor Sponsor

Relax boys. I'm not going anywhere

I will be posting here (group buys), but ordering will be on my page.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    Relax boys. I'm not going anywhere

I will be posting here (group buys), but ordering will be on my page.
    Miha when do you anticipate re-posting the group buy for the 300 Blackout mold? I'm still waiting on a couple of stamps to complete my SBR and suppressor but really want this mold.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
    Miha when do you anticipate re-posting the group buy for the 300 Blackout mold? I'm still waiting on a couple of stamps to complete my SBR and suppressor but really want this mold.
    I am wondering too any plans for subsonic 300 blackout?

Quote Originally Posted by aaholland View Post
    I am wondering too any plans for subsonic 300 blackout?
    There's a Lee mold with a 230 grain spitzer bullet that I know some people on YouTube have used it as a subsonic round for 300 blk.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/938...5-ogive-radius

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I know that I have been able to get some super good quality molds because They were made available though this web site. without it I would have been stuck with undersize new lyman molds and, limited rcbs and saeco molds. Mia has his hands full I'm sure and sure I like to know when to expect something I had ordered. as a previous owner of a small business I know its not easy wearing all the hats and making ends meet. Mihec now has a super web site and hopefully he can figure a way to estimate timing on mold production and such. In the mean time i'll wait for his molds of superior craftsmanship and hopefully have funds available when the money comes due. just my $0.02

Boolit Buddy
    Trouble loggin in to Mihas website??
    Let's make AMERICA Great again!!!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ronas View Post
    Trouble loggin in to Mihas website??
    Did i miss the 300 blk mold?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aaholland View Post
    Did i miss the 300 blk mold?
    No, hasn't happened yet. Bumbed. I needed that one for deer season this year. Right now I am left drilling holes in a NOE 311-247.

Boolit Man
    Im hoping. For now i got my noe .311 230 grain mold with the groves removed so i can powder coat easier. Now it is 243 grain but still not a hallow point

Boolit Master
    I'm still hoping the MP Blackout hollow point gets produced, but if you can't wait any longer, NOE makes a HP version of his 247 Whisper bullet.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12