Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Biggest charge on RCBS Uniflow with small drum?

Biggest charge on RCBS Uniflow with small drum?

Picked up a nice used Uniflow this weekend. It came with both the small and large drums and currently has the small drum installed. What is about the largest charge the small drum will throw with a powder like H4895?

Posts found in a search of this forum seem to have most folks installing the large drum and just leaving it in the dispenser even for smaller pistol charges.

Advice? I'd be using this dispenser mostly for low volume rifle reloading. Almost all of my pistol loading is done on a Dillon with automagic powder dispensing. Although I do some low volume pistol reloading for a few of the smaller and oddball calibers I shoot.

Thank you.
    Mike

Politicians should be limited to two terms.

1 in office. 1 in prison.

http://www.rcbs.com/RCBS/media/RCBSM...structions.pdf Posted in case you didn't get the instructions with your use uniflow.
    I don't know what the charge range is for each cylinder. But if you set the large cylinder for a light charge, you could end up with inconsistent measuring. I wouldn't try anything less than 5 or 6 grains with the large cylinder.

Boolit Master
    I use just the small drum of late. Can readlily throw 50 gr H4895. For 7MM/rem Mag and 338 Win Mag I will double throw a charge. Just too lazy to change drums and small drum is working very well. Have not tried to throw a small charge with large drum.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    I use just the small drum of late. Can readlily throw 50 gr H4895. For 7MM/rem Mag and 338 Win Mag I will double throw a charge. Just too lazy to change drums and small drum is working very well. Have not tried to throw a small charge with large drum.
    I've been thinking of getting the quick change drum for mine. IDK why, I already have a Hornady LNL measure. I guess I just like using the green one more. Anyway, that's an option if you ever decide to pursue it.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Thank you all.
    Mike

Politicians should be limited to two terms.

1 in office. 1 in prison.

Mine only has the large drum, wish I could find the small, are they interchangeable with the old model?
    Whatever!