MidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & SonsLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2ADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooters World Data

Boolit Bub

Loaded the "tactical rifle" up with some Lee C309-170-F GC boolits out of a Marlin 336. Started at 19grs and went up to 26. Seemed to get the best accuracy at 24grs. Im going to put them through the chronograph this week and see what theyre moving at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	173013 50 yards

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopaloop86 View Post
    Talon Range has a decent supply of the shooters world powder in Tally.
    Good to know....thankfully it is not Kevin's Guns as I will not do business with them again.

Boolit Bub

Kevins is way overpriced on everything. Academy has a tiny amount of powder for a decent price. All Talon carries is Shooters World but its decent powder and at 20 bucks a pound, you cant go wrong.

Boolit Bub

Just got back from the range. Shot some Lee 312-155 sized to .314, Hi-tech coated and GCed out of a Norinco SKS. Started at 20grains of Shooters World "Tactical Rifle" and worked up to 25. All were sized to oal of 2.20. At 20 grains I was averaging 1750fps and accuracy was ok. At 22 grains velocity was 1850 and gave me the best groups, brass was falling about 6 feet away. At 25 grains recoil was the same as a factory load if not stouter and velocity was 2100fps, groups began to noticeably open up. I forgot to grab pictures of the targets but 22 grains was fetching 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.

Boolit Bub

As a caveat, I loaded some Lee 1oz slugs with 20grs of Shooters World "Clean Shot" and was quite impressed. It makes a great reduced recoil load and even out of my 18 inch smooth bore I could hit a man size target fairly consistently at 100 yards. I have a buckshot mold on the way and I'm thinking this is going to be the ticket for HD buckshot loads.

Boolit Master
    Jeff Bartlett now has BR2 and BR5 which are apparently Lovex powders. Has anyone here ever done business with him.

The BR2 may be D032-03 (Shooters World Cleanshot). The BR5 may be DO36 (Shooters World Auto Pistol). This is based on the general descriptions give by Jeff and the Lovex and Shooters World data books available online.

Boolit Master
    Jeff Bartlett is very easy to work with. I've purchased items from him over the years. I've never had any issue with his website (gibrass.com).

Boolit Mold
    Jeff Bartlett (GI Brass) used to be one of my go-to's. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12