WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionPBcastco
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooters World Data

Boolit Buddy

Loaded the "tactical rifle" up with some Lee C309-170-F GC boolits out of a Marlin 336. Started at 19grs and went up to 26. Seemed to get the best accuracy at 24grs. Im going to put them through the chronograph this week and see what theyre moving at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	173013 50 yards

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopaloop86 View Post
    Talon Range has a decent supply of the shooters world powder in Tally.
    Good to know....thankfully it is not Kevin's Guns as I will not do business with them again.

Boolit Buddy

Kevins is way overpriced on everything. Academy has a tiny amount of powder for a decent price. All Talon carries is Shooters World but its decent powder and at 20 bucks a pound, you cant go wrong.

Boolit Buddy

Just got back from the range. Shot some Lee 312-155 sized to .314, Hi-tech coated and GCed out of a Norinco SKS. Started at 20grains of Shooters World "Tactical Rifle" and worked up to 25. All were sized to oal of 2.20. At 20 grains I was averaging 1750fps and accuracy was ok. At 22 grains velocity was 1850 and gave me the best groups, brass was falling about 6 feet away. At 25 grains recoil was the same as a factory load if not stouter and velocity was 2100fps, groups began to noticeably open up. I forgot to grab pictures of the targets but 22 grains was fetching 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.

Boolit Buddy

As a caveat, I loaded some Lee 1oz slugs with 20grs of Shooters World "Clean Shot" and was quite impressed. It makes a great reduced recoil load and even out of my 18 inch smooth bore I could hit a man size target fairly consistently at 100 yards. I have a buckshot mold on the way and I'm thinking this is going to be the ticket for HD buckshot loads.

Boolit Master

Jeff Bartlett now has BR2 and BR5 which are apparently Lovex powders. Has anyone here ever done business with him.

The BR2 may be D032-03 (Shooters World Cleanshot). The BR5 may be DO36 (Shooters World Auto Pistol). This is based on the general descriptions give by Jeff and the Lovex and Shooters World data books available online.

Boolit Master
    Jeff Bartlett is very easy to work with. I've purchased items from him over the years. I've never had any issue with his website (gibrass.com).

Boolit Mold
    Jeff Bartlett (GI Brass) used to be one of my go-to's. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

Boolit Buddy
    I did some research on info from ulav8r's post
    Shooters World powder is Lovex powder
    Clean shot- D032 -similar burn rate as Accurate#2 , Titegroup , 231 , bullseye
    Clean Shot could be used for data for BR2
    Ultimate Pistol-DO36-07 - similar burn rate as Unique , Auto Comp ,CFE Pistol
    this is a closer match to BR5 as a similar Unique burn rate claim
    Auto Pistol-DO36-03 - similar burn rate as Accurate#5 , Longshot ,HS6 , Ramshot Silhouette
    witch has a slower burn rate

this info is off the ShootersWorld Powder Guide
    this could be also used as a loading guide for Jeff Bartlett BR powers if indeed is a Lovex powder
    there is a guide for Lovex Powder also

shootersworldpowder.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwadley View Post
    Lovex D060-01 (aka D060) is similar to AA5744. Shooters World markets (or plans to market) it as ''Cowboy''.
    When I first read about this powder, Lovex was calling it "Buffalo Rifle" and now it is "cowboy". At any rate it is supposed to be an easy to ignite powder very similar to 5744, which is priced as high as a giraffe's butt around here. I will buy some if it is at the next gun show, if there is any to be had, if not I'll bite the boolit and order some.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Bub
    Both of the links below are actually printable booklets (direct from the SW website). The Lovex data has more loads listed. Given the current lack of H335 I ordered some AR Plus to tinker with. It shoots 200 fps faster in my 223 bolt action than the data says it should. It meters about as well as H335. I suspect that once I find the right charge weight, it will be very similar to H335 charge weight as well.

I load Longshot in 28 gauge and if it weren't for A) the lack of load data and B) so much variation between components I would seriously consider swapping to Auto Pistol. Once I run out of A2400 I may try the Blackout powder for 44 magnum and 300 BLK.

Shooters World Data:
    https://shootersworldpowder.com/wp-c...rld-manual.pdf

Lovex Data:
    https://explosia.cz/app/uploads/2019...019_en_new.pdf
    Lead, brass, and copper are the real precious metals.

Boolit Master

I noticed SW had 2 different powders listed with M1 Garand loads.
    I emailed them to find out if you can use these powders at reduced levels for cast bullets like you can with 4895 and 4064.
    I never received a reply.

Available at a lot of SASS state and Regional matches. Cash and carry. I always purchase from Cowgirl owned https://bulletsbyscarlett.com/

Boolit Bub
    This thread just caught my eye, and had to go check. Bought a lb. of SW match several years ago, and never tried it. Doesn't list a load for the 62gr. Hornady bulk bullet I like to use. If my math is correct, and I correlate the numbers, looks like I should start about 22.5 to 23 grs. with this, which is what I'm doing with Varget. Sound about right to anybody already using it. Not looking for match groups, just something to plink with on some steel at 200-300 yds.

Boolit Bub
    Forgot to mention, this for a .223/5.56 cartridge on an Ar platform rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12