Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whittington BPCR Match Report

Vendor Sponsor

Chris, I wish I could have shot Mid-range! Woody and I had to make a choice this year based on the NRA holding two Championship matches on the same day
    We opted to shoot the three Silhouette championships in the shade rather than fight the heat and the direct sun.
    The mid-range 3-P match is about my favorite of all BPTR matches but sadly, it is the one least shot or even put on.

Don, Thanks for the Creedmoor report! Can you report the outcome of the two mid-range matches and or the first three places for the events. If not - no problem. I often can not remember even when I am at the match.

BTW - Jack Odor and I will be going to the State Silhouette match in Perry, Utah the first week in September. Might see you there if not sooner.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Michael , Mark s, and Terry York pretty much tore things up in Midrange.
    Handed Carol and my entry to Eric yesterday so will see you at Perry.
    carols new hiwall is supposed to ship today so we will be at Smithmoor, and I am planning on the Rocky Mtn regional.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    I shot long range next to Jason and Klaus. Man, do they ever shoot fast and get their scores down in a hurry! They certainly shot well too.

Gullo's score on day two was well beyond simply amazing, but then, that is why he is the king of the long range.

Boolit Master
    It sounds like a good time. I'll have to seriously consider it for next year. Two days of midrange and two days of long range would definitely make the trip worth while.

I don't suppose anyone has photos of the scoreboards that they could post?

Chris.

Chris, it's actually 2 days of midrange position, 2 days of midrange prone and then 2 days of the creedmoor. 180 shots for score to shoot the Iron Man.
    The date is tentatively the week of Aug. 14 next year, and probably until 2023 or some such.

Boolit Master
    I wonder if those dates will cause Eron to move his match. I probably wouldn't do the midrange position Don, just the prone stuff. I'd probably have my wife with me and she'd want to do some hiking trips in there somewhere.

Chris.

Don't know what those dates will do to other matches, but it will likely cause some shuffling, but supposedly that basic week will be locked in place for the next several years so it will make it easier for folks to schedule vacations, and possibly bring a rise in attendance.
    There are hiking trails and such at the Whittington, and the non shooting/spotter wives do get together and do tourista things around the nearby area.

Boolit Master

One of these days I need to get there - when work will allow me to take multiple weeks off (or I retire, but hopefully I wont have to wait another 10 years).

Of all the silhouette shooting I do - BPCR, all the levergun disciples, smallbore and military bolt - I perform the worst at BPCR. I nor my spotting partner have not mastered reading the wind which is so critical in this game, so I consider it a good day when I can break a 20. Bummer is, my very first match they paired me up with a pro, who directed me quite excellently with wind corrections - put me into AA class. I have never shot in my class since. But even so, I have the most fun hauling the CPA out and shooting BPCR matches...

Unless they have a change of mindset, the bpcr and bptr matches will both be held the same week. So one week off should catch parts of both matches.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    Don't know what those dates will do to other matches, but it will likely cause some shuffling, but supposedly that basic week will be locked in place for the next several years so it will make it easier for folks to schedule vacations, and possibly bring a rise in attendance.
    There are hiking trails and such at the Whittington, and the non shooting/spotter wives do get together and do tourista things around the nearby area.
    Thanks Don, that is good to know.

Chris.