Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a shooting table/bench

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

For a portable table think of using some fold up table legs. Keep a eye out for the legs since the tops of the press boards models fail as soon as it gets wet. And a pipe flange mount which you can screw a piece of pipe into. I used 3/4 pipe top is the same T shape shown in the post above.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	173216One sheet of plywood. 5 pieces that just slide together. Ambidextrous. Found plans online. Just slip it apart and it fits flat in the trunk of my small car with the back seats folded down. Very sturdy and light.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingrhino View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	173216One sheet of plywood. 5 pieces that just slide together. Ambidextrous. Found plans online. Just slip it apart and it fits flat in the trunk of my small car with the back seats folded down. Very sturdy and light.

I looked and looked for those plans never could find them would be nice if you would post a link or copy paste the plans here. Btw table looks great and I am sure a lot of folks here would love to build one.

Boolit Master
    Yes please . My wife made me bring the picnic table back from the farm that I shoot at , and I have put together a sort of bench , but unstable is not just a mental thing .

Looks to be a number of them out there.

This is one of them.

http://www.realitysurvival.com/survi...-design-plans/

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff View Post
    This was the pattern I built mine on although I just made it single sided for right handed shooters

I built this one a few years ago. With two pcs of 3/4" plywood it isn't much lighter than the 3 legged bench with the concrete top. It is very stable. I wish I had only cut it for a right handed shooter(me) though. I usually shoot alone.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Well done and appreciated gentlemen , I have used a piece of dock that floated down the Chesapeake bay a few years ago after a hurricane , with some 4/6 legs but rickety doesn't really describe what happens when in use .

I like it, I like people who consider us leftie shooters...I like the gusseting...you know how to build a stable table...think I'm coming up with something along these lines that is towable with the lawn tractor or the ATV. That adjustable seat is the game changer...

good job morris
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Thanks, the adjustable seat really does help a lot at our farm. No feet to skink into the sand and can accommodate any shooter. Here is a closer view.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RP View Post
    I looked and looked for those plans never could find them would be nice if you would post a link or copy paste the plans here. Btw table looks great and I am sure a lot of folks here would love to build one.
    A quick Google search got me here: http://www.realitysurvival.com/survi...-design-plans/

Boolit Grand Master

The bench top we poured from concrete were3' wide and 4' long with the back edge inset on both sides for lft or right handed shooters.Theywere 4" thick and weighed close to 600 lbs. set on the tee of footer blocks they didnt move wiggle or shimmy at all. I dont think a person kickingthem could shift them LOL. There is no substitute for solid joints and weight to make something stable and solid

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Looks to be a number of them out there.

This is one of them.

http://www.realitysurvival.com/survi...-design-plans/

I see the link and that is what I am looking but down loading to their site with my PC is not a great thing to do lol. Anyone have the downloaded specs or blueprints they care to share that has downloaded them ?

Boolit Master

If I had a permanent(private) place to shoot, this would be the one I would build, since I'm not a mason or concrete expert:

http://www.horstguns.com/services/shooting-bench

The only change I would make would be to use plywood or untreated 2X's for the top. I don't like to have my bare skin in contact with the treated lumber.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy

Here are the plans for the bench I built. I wish I could give credit to the author but I don't know who it was. I just found these when surfing the net. Makes a really sturdy and portable bench. I added some aluminum channel from Lowes on the feet to protect the wood from wear.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ivk37vn5i..._2E-FBGwa?dl=0
    Last edited by flyingrhino; 08-01-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: additional info

Boolit Buddy

JMORRIS found it! That's the one I built.

Boolit Master
    Sounds stupid I know. But get the pressure treated wood that has not had the time to really dry out. I built a picnic table once and after finishing used Thompson's water sealer to stain it. Sealed so well the moving guys couldn't pick it up. Had to take it apart when I moved. It's been about 20 some odd years and still very heavy. Never really dried out and still strong as the day I built it. Used 3" galvanized screws to hold it together. Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12