RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got a 625.... Now what mold to buy?

Boolit Master
    Probably no bad bullets choices in your 625, I've owned 6-8 of them & everyone has shot great with many different bullets. Shot them in competition all over the country & they are amazing revolvers. Powder choice is probably more of an issue & if you are competing you will have to use Federal primers if you want to have any chance of winning. I used 231 & WST almost always in my guns.
    A good all around bullet for everyday use is the Miha 205 gr. RN HP, absolutely no need for a GC (my opinion) in 99% of revolvers with correct alloy. Very few people can shoot the difference.

Dick

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot View Post
    , absolutely no need for a GC (my opinion) in 99% of revolvers with correct alloy. Very few people can shoot the difference.

Dick
    I'm in total agreement and should have clarified my use of the gas checked slug in 45 ACP revolvers. Having read somewhere of Ray Thompson's success using the gas checked semi-wadcutter in the then abundant WW2 surplus pistols and revolvers with worn bores. I started using the gas checked slugs in Brazilian surplus 1917's in the 90's. My results were definitely positive in the Brazilian surplus revolvers and shot much better on paper than any bare assed castings I tried. Nearly eliminating strays. In my 25-2, Model of 1998 and Ruger Blackhawk. Just like you say I can not shoot the difference and prefer the hard cast SAECO button nosed wadcutter for paper punching.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I use a old Lee GB mold that is a copy of the H&G 68.
    AND
    I also use the 255gr Lee for HOT and Heavy loads, because it has a crimp groove.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/775...rain-flat-nose

Yes, yes, yes on the Lee 255gr RF. Love it in 625 in AR brass. I like boolits a little harder for the 625, some seem to skid on the rifling if soft - long freebore jump problem?
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Boolit Grand Master
    And shallow rifling problem.

Boolit Buddy

452423 is a good choice in revolvers.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Freischütz View Post
    452423 is a good choice in revolvers.
    Don't have the number at hand but the SAECO equivalent of the Lyman 452423 has given me excellent results on paper in 45 ACP, AR and Colt especially. Its also a personal preference, myself I'd rather buy SAECO over Lyman if I buy new. As I've grown recoil sensitive the past couple years due to arthritis and truthfully, old age. I've leaned toward lighter weight castings for the 45 ACP and AR.

Boolit Master
    I like the RCBS 45-230-CM in my 45s. They work in my 1911s as well as my wheel guns. Very accurate out of all my handguns.

Boolit Master
    Mine loves the leeTL-200gr swc in AR brass with 7.8 GR of AANO.5.

Boolit Master

Depends on the work you want to do with the 625. TC or RN are great for speed loading, but I do like smaller weights for economy of shooting. I run a lot of 185 SWC or 200 SWC for smacking steel. Also i use ACP brass with full moon clips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12