Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
PBcastco Load Data
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

I sold off a ton of misc dies about a month ago, wish I saw this page first....would have had trade stock for ages.

Anyways looking for these dies for the tong tools

30-30 seater die and appropriate cartridge guide for the handles, #6 I think.
    .44 mag/spl set either the whole set or everything minus the primer seater.

Have a few bits for trade stock (complete 38/357 set and misc) but would mostly be looking to buy.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master

I have 2 small alloy handles, 1 large alloy handle, dies for 308, 30-06, and 45-70. I was going to list these on Ebay but does anyone here have an interest in these?

Larry

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    I have 2 small alloy handles, 1 large alloy handle, dies for 308, 30-06, and 45-70. I was going to list these on Ebay but does anyone here have an interest in these?

Larry
    I may be interested in 308 dies. Not sure if I already have a set though. I'll try to look tomorrow. May be able to use a small handle.

Not sure if they still sell parts, but Ive bought 310 individual dies and parts direct from Lyman a few years ago. They had different diameter expanders for 38-55 I think, and different seating punches for different bullet types, just like the top punches for sizers. I had several sets of Tru-Line dies that I bought priming dies for and made into 310 dies sets.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Boolit Grand Master

32-20 and 32S&W are very different - 32-20 is a necked cartridge. I have both sets. Can't give you the numbers cause I'm at work, but I can tell you they are not interchangeable.

You can load 32 S&W Long with the 32 S&W dies.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Both the 32 S&W and the 32-20 dies for the 310 tool are long discontinued and AFAIK they haven't offered any replacement parts for years. It might be possible to make some substitutions and cobble together a set of either caliber as needed, or you might just check with the 310 Shop about getting a custom set made. It is worth keeping in mind that a 30 carbine set will do fine for 32-20 except for the priming die which is unique to the 32-20 family. I had the devil's own time putting together a set of each for my own use.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Man
    Frog, a Lee hand primer tool would get past the priming die problem. Not as nice as a complete set, but makes ammo.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Boolit Grand Master
    Malamute, don't let this get out but I prefer the Lee hand priming tool to the priming chamber of the 310 set, so I agree completely with your assessment. When I get (or put together) sets of 310 dies for a given caliber though, I like to get the whole set if possible... I'm OCD like that, don'cha know!

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master

Froggie, just about two years ago I got a complete set of 32-20 dies in box off eBay. After that I got a set of 32S&W dies the same way. They are available, you just have to be patient and persistent.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Wayne,

I found a complete TL Jr set for the 32 S&W at OGCA a few years ago for less than $20, then got a 310 set for even less at another show there a couple of years later. I had owned a complete 310 set for the 32-20 for many years but let myself be talked out of it (thinking I still had the odd parts to assemble another) then lo and behold, I ended up taking a year to gather that "extra" set! I guess if I were using them more often I'd keep up better.

Froggie

Boolit Master

I'll get in on this ....

Here's my current want list.

#468 Seating Screw for a Lyman 310 .270 Seating Die

30-30 Bullet Seater (Lyman 310 die)

30-40 MR Die (Lyman 310 die)

#4 shell adapter for the tong tool
    #5 shell adapter for the tong tool

I have 310 trading stock PM me.

Scott
    Last edited by dsh1106; 06-02-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a complete set of 44-40 310 dies I would trade for 32-40,38-40 or 32-20 set.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
    I have a complete set of 44-40 310 dies I would trade for 32-40,38-40 or 32-20 set.
    I don't have what youre looking for, but may be interested in your die set. I don't own a 44-40 gun, but may one day.

I believe I have a complete set of 270 310 dies.

And a complete handle and die set in the box I think, for 375 H&H. Iron handles.

And a complete 30-06 set with aluminum handles.

Need a set of 348 handles.

Boolit Master
    I have the following:

One #13 muzzle resizer,for .30-30

One 243 Win DA seater

Three #166 seaters for .257 Roberts, two with #450 stems, one with no number stem

One expander 257 stem

One #166 muzzle resizer for .257 Roberts

One #42 muzzle resizer for .38-40

One expander 401 stem

One #118 muzzle resizer for 8mm Mauser

One expander 323 stem

One #118 bullet seater for 8mm Mauser

One #2 priming chamber for .30-06 or 8mm Mauser

One #146 bullet seater die for .300 Savage

Most have lock rings.

Need everything for .44-40 except the bullet seating die: handle adaptor, muzzle resizer, expander and priming chamber. Would prefer to trade.

Boolit Man
    OOOh, 25 cal stuff. I just had a 25-06 barrel turned into a 1903 action, I have no 310 stuff for 25 cal. Looks like you have the majority of a set with the Roberts dies.

What would it take to get the 257 Roberts stuff from you? Guessing the length should be close enough to work. The dies would just have to be set out a little more

Boolit Master

Hope you guys can keep this thread running straight, I've got a few dozen sets in the shop,not really sure what I have left,I've traded some here and there,only set I'm really attached to is my 06 set I carried to Vietnam with me.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavity

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post

Larry
    Larry I'm interested in the 45-70 and 308 sets
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavity

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post

Need everything for .44-40 except the bullet seating die: handle adaptor, muzzle resizer, expander and priming chamber. Would prefer to trade.
    Will a 44 mag expander work for the 44-40? I have a spare expander die with a .429 plug.

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    I really want to get the real set of parts. Have enough makeshifts already. I'd be willing to settle for the "DA" Tru-Line Jr. versions, and shell holder, but that's as far as it goes.

I need to go through my Stuff and see if anything else is incomplete (or surplus), but I'm too busy now. The .44-40 was the chief thing that came to mind.

I could use a few orphan Bullet Seater Stems for loading flat face Wadcutters, if anyone has some they do not need. Or, any Orphan Stems which I cluld re profile for use in seating flat face Wadcutters.

Also, a fast question ~ Were the old "310" Crimp Dies for .38 Special and .32 20 usually a Taper Crimp or a Roll Crimp or could one order them either way?

Mine seem to be taper crimp, and I would prefer to have Roll Crimp if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeboten View Post
    I could use a few orphan Bullet Seater Stems for loading flat face Wadcutters, if anyone has some they do not need. Or, any Orphan Stems which I cluld re profile for use in seating flat face Wadcutters.

Also, a fast question ~ Were the old "310" Crimp Dies for .38 Special and .32 20 usually a Taper Crimp or a Roll Crimp or could one order them either way?

Mine seem to be taper crimp, and I would prefer to have Roll Crimp if possible.
    My 4 and 5 die 38/357 sets are both roll crimp it seems.
    My firearms project blog

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast