Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingPBcastcoLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Still looking for a die set for 303 savage if at all possible among others but this is my focus currently.
    My firearms project blog

Would a 30-30 set work? If so that would get you by till you find a 303 Savage set.
    Leo

Boolit Man
    Im looking for a set of 50-70 dies and handles, alloy is OK.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    Would a 30-30 set work? If so that would get you by till you find a 303 Savage set.
    Leo
    I have a 30-30 set already and had not thought of that.....I'll have to see how close I can get with them and some fired cases...thank you for the idea!
    My firearms project blog

I could use a 355 - 356 expander plug -- hane the body --

Boolit Master

Or you could polish down a 357 or 358 if you have one.
    Take a kid along

Thanks woody -- i do but need them for 38spl ---

Boolit Master

I may have a worn out 38 special expander plug.

Found it - it tapers from .353 - 355 (checking with calipers)
    if this is something you can use PM me and we will get it taken care of.

Scott
    Last edited by dsh1106; 07-06-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Man
    Im looking for a set that will work with 25-06. Im not positive, but think a 257 Roberts would work, the length is the primary difference. I have a new in the box set of 8mm Mauser to trade, aluminum handles. Id split it up if someone only wanted the dies.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Boolit Master

Malamute, I think you are on the right track, a .257 Rby set should work for you. I know I have a couple of sets in my stash but, unfortunately I'm traveling and won't get back thee for a month or more. I do have a few pieces here, let me see what I can did up. Obviously, the CMR or MR is the key piece.

Boolit Grand Master
    Are you using cast or jacketed bullets, Malamute? If jacketed, especially boat tail bullets, you might be able to get by with some means of de- and repriming your cases and a seating die. The seating die should squeeze the neck down to hold the bullet and allow the round to chamber. Of course a MR (or a CMR that also deprimes) would help. The PC is the same for your 25-06 as the 30-06 and 45 ACP, of course, one of the most common ones out there.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by trooperdan View Post
    Malamute, I think you are on the right track, a .257 Rby set should work for you. I know I have a couple of sets in my stash but, unfortunately I'm traveling and won't get back thee for a month or more. I do have a few pieces here, let me see what I can did up. Obviously, the CMR or MR is the key piece.
    Thanks. Let me know when you get a chance to look. No particular hurry, other than the growing realization I may not live long enough to finish all my projects. It used to be funny when youd say "We may all die of old age before such and such happens..." Not so much any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Are you using cast or jacketed bullets, Malamute? If jacketed, especially boat tail bullets, you might be able to get by with some means of de- and repriming your cases and a seating die. The seating die should squeeze the neck down to hold the bullet and allow the round to chamber. Of course a MR (or a CMR that also deprimes) would help. The PC is the same for your 25-06 as the 30-06 and 45 ACP, of course, one of the most common ones out there.

Froggie
    Primarily jacketed. Cast may come later, but my primary use of that is more what jacketed does best.

The simple Lee base and decapping rods you can buy (hammer powered), similar to what they put in their loaders, make the decapping relatively simple. I used to break decapping pins in my 310 tools, then mostly went to the Lee type for that particular operation. Also, one size fits most.

I bought a box of mixed dies at a gunshow a long time ago, most sets were set up tor the tru-line press, so no priming chambers. Lyman was still selling dies and parts individually, so I bought a bunch.

Boolit Buddy
    Does anyone have a #133 muzzle resizer in their stash, they'd like to swap?

I'm needing one to complete a set to go with one of my projects.

Boolit Master

Just for info!
    50-70 and 348 Win require the Special handles. Those Special handles are very rare. If you find a set and can confirm the normal dies are too small in them, buy them fast!

Boolit Master

They do turn up on eBay from time to time. I have been able to buy two sets of special large handles off ebay in the last year for a modest price because they had a buy it know price on them. Look early in the AM if you want to find them. * Looking for a 50-70 set of dies - I have for trade a .348 Winchester set of dies and a set of 43 Spanish dies - both sets appear to be little used or unused and are boxed ( dies only - no handles )
    Last edited by square butte; 09-05-2021 at 11:09 AM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, the buy it now is very handy sometimes. You might pay a little more, but you can pick up some neat stuff.
    I got an unused 310 set a little while ago in 25 Remington like that, which I needed for a project. Only one I've ever seen.
    Price was actually very reasonable.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a #2 ('06 family) priming die and a .287 expander just taking up space and getting in the way on my loading bench top. I could easily be talked out of them. Would trade for .30 cal. gas checks. PM me please.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Looking for a set of 310 or Tru Line dies for .32 Remington to load for a model 14 Remington pump rifle for my son. Not sure what I have in the way of 310 trading stock but I know I have a set of .308 dies and I think a set of .270 that I have no immediate need of . May have something else that I have doubles on but I'm out of pocket till tomorrow so I can't check till then .Thanks .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Frankly, I don't know if they made dies for 32 Rem but dies for 32 Special should work fine as they don't FL resize anyway. That said, you may need to FL resize at some time.
    Take a kid along

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
    Frankly, I don't know if they made dies for 32 Rem but dies for 32 Special should work fine as they don't FL resize anyway. That said, you may need to FL resize at some time.
    I was going to say the same thing. I think you might even be able to use a set of 32-40 dies too. You’ll just have to find the proper priming chamber.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast