Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullet mould rentals?

Bullet mould rentals?

This may be the wrong place to ask, but another member would like to rent one of my moulds. Only problem is neither of us knows what a fair rate would be. So, is there a going rate or what would you say is reasonable? He wants to use it for about 2 weeks if that makes a difference.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Master

if I knew the person and knew they would not damage it, I would just let them pay shipping and not worry about rent, but then again I need all the good karma I can get. the key ingredient I think is how high is the risk factor of damage.

Moderator Emeritus

I've borrowed molds...they pay shipping both ways...that's it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

While I dont like letting my moulds out I will have friends and club members come out to cast with me. They get the bullets I have some control of the molds and thier treatment. I will also cast test batches for people to far away to come and cast.

I would agree, my opinion would be a loan with the member paying shipping both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master
    I would never lend something to a stranger. Heck, I got burned lending a vehicle to a "friend". Returned with a dent in the rear quarter panel.

Boolit Master

I would be hesitant to loan a mold. I may cast some bullets and sell them to him at a modest price. If he is picky about the alloy have him send you the lead to cast.
    If he is experimenting a few hundred should be enough.

Boolit Master
    This is actually simple. Rentee pays shipping both ways, and pays replacement cost, before mould is shipped. Rentor can refund what he wants, when mould is returned in good shape.

Boolit Grand Master

The cost of a new mould....
    Don't "lend" anybody anything you want back undamaged.

Boolit Master

A friend wanted to borrow my Lee 358 105gr Swc mold, I found it was easier to buy a new 6 cavity mold and give him the old 2 banger! Money well spent to keep a friend. Tim

Super Moderator

I would not "lend" anyone one of my boolit molds. Nor would I ever ask if I can "borrow" anyone's wife.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I would not "lend" anyone one of my boolit molds. Nor would I ever ask if I can "borrow" anyone's wife.
    A guy asked to "borrow" my well trained German Shorthaired Pointer once! That wife swap comment was my response. I was single then.

Boolit Master

would cast for someone but not loan mold.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Kind of like when a "friend" wanted to borrow my 48" level - a nice brass bound mahogany one. I let him take it and yes, he did return it . . . covered in cement as he used it for putting in forms and left it laying outside when they poured and splashed all over it. Or a couple of my 48" bar clamps that I loaned out . . . 20 years ago and am still waiting for the guy to return them.

Each person must make up their own mind but personally, I no longer loan, rent nor borrow any tool. I might agree to cast up some to let them try them out . . which I have done and others have done for me in the past. But, I would never ask to "borrow" nor "rent" somebody's molds. Too many things can happen in the process . . . including losing a friendship. May sound tough but with age comes experience . . . .

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Each person must make up their own mind but personally, I no longer loan, rent nor borrow any tool. I might agree to cast up some to let them try them out . . which I have done and others have done for me in the past. But, I would never ask to "borrow" nor "rent" somebody's molds. Too many things can happen in the process . . . including losing a friendship. May sound tough but with age comes experience . . . .
    Agree! It takes a while to build a friendship and only a moment to destroy one. As far as lending to someone I don't know...not likely.
    "Well Stanley, here's another nice mess you got me into!" Oliver Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by scottfire1957 View Post
    This is actually simple. Rentee pays shipping both ways, and pays replacement cost, before mould is shipped. Rentor can refund what he wants, when mould is returned in good shape.
    If it is not an out of production mould or a pet mould this is the solution that avoids problems and allows you to help out.

I would also hesitate to loan a mold, especially alum, too ruin it.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

I lent a member one of my molds once, got it back cleaner than it was when I sent it.
    I think our members are mostly trustworthy, honest people. Let them pay shipping and agree on a date for return.
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master

I was a carpentry contractor for over 20 years and learned (the hard way!) to never loan tools to anyone...even employees who (should?) know how to take care of them...and treat my casting and reloading equipment the same way. There are a few folks might consider loaning to but, oddly enough, I seriously doubt any of them would ever ask. Might ask me to run off a few boolits for them to try or size some of theirs to a diameter they don't have dies for but that's about it.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I have had 2 molds on loan to a member here for 2 years. There is no doubt in my mind that they are well cared for and available any time I need them. I have never lost a penny dealing with any list member.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast