Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official Shiloh Sharps Image Thread

1st 2 pics are my latest. it has a rounded forearm, I also have a heavy round barrelled 110 with a rounded forearm

drcook = david r, most folks just call me dave, not Dr. but thanks for the compliment

Boolit Master

Ok, I just went thru all 6 pages of this thread, and I'm just really hoping all the drool that fell in my keyboard doesn't do any damage to it. WOW, those are some nice looking rifles! I also hope that after seeing all these guns that I'll never have enough money to afford, that when I open the package that has my 1887 Remington rolling block in it, that I'll still have some enthusiasm for it!

I suppose when I'm holding it in my hands, rather than looking at the one picture I have of it, that I'll be as happy as a pig in slop! There's only so much you can do while waiting for the package to arrive!
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Grand Master

Remington rolling block sounds like a good time to me. This is an eye candy thread and it has pushed me to the brink of placing an order a time or two. Seems pretty affordable, actually. Just mail in the down payment and start stashing away cash for the day when they call for it. Soon after that you'll have your very own Shiloh Sharps rifle.
    Oops, got me thinking about it again!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Man
    Shiloh Montana Roughrider 34" heavy half octagon barrel in .45 2 7/8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1874 Montana Roughrider.jpg  
    Last edited by pacecars; 06-21-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Here is my latest not to common addition to my Shiloh collection. The Hartford .44-77 with cressent butplate light 30" standard weight polished barrel and a single trigger with very easy crisp let off I might add and upgraded wood.
    This is a very accurate rifle an excellent hunting rifle that comes up fast with a light recoil.
    The top one has a 1.3" by 35" round barrel, a 20 pound .44-100 straight Rem Straight chambered long range rifle. A plain Jane Rough Rider.

Boolit Master

Lead Pot, You just added more drool to my pour keyboard! I'm really sorry that I didn't buy one back when they were in Farmingdale NY. I was able to tour their shop when it was there, and they even had some rifles there that were for sale right there, so I could have gotten it that same day, rather than having to wait! I don't recall exactly, but I think they were priced around $500 or so, but back then I was still in school, and like most students, was basically broke.

Well, at least I got my rolling block to get me into BPCR, it's not much to look at, and I'm hoping it shoots better than it looks. It's a spanish rolling block with a Remington sporting barrel grafted onto it. I'm pretty sure it was originally for one of the larger 45 caliber cartridges as it was cut back (the barrel threads had to be recut, Remington used square threads, the spanish used V threads unlike almost everyone else), and the barrel is marked 45.70 obviously stamped by hand on the underside of the barrel right ahead of the forearm. More evidence that it was cut back is the fact that on the top flat of the barrel (it's a half round, half octagon) where it's marked E. Remington & Sons, the E is mostly cut off.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Man
    Hartford 50-90 Chambered for paper patched bullets.
    30" Heavy Octagon polished barrel
    Bone & Charcoal finish
    Extra Fancy Wood Checkered

Alan

Mike.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with a roller, I have had several through the years. My first center fire rifle was a Roller in the .43 Spanish when you could get them out of the back pages of the NRA magazine for under $18. back in the mid 50's and again I'm looking for one in good condition even though I could never get warmed up to them like a Sharps.
    When I saw the 74 Shiloh come on the market they cost more then I could justify at the time because money was needed to put Kids through School and other needs, but when those obligations were met I finally got my Shiloh.....'s.

A little update on the two above.
    The top 20# is one super shooter and the unfinished white barrel will stay in the white. It seems to help keeping it cooler from the heat of the sun.
    The .44-77 on the bottom is becoming my favorite rifle to grab when I head for the range and when I invite others to pick a rifle to shoot at the range it seems like that is the one they pick up out of several other rifles they can chose.
    Brass has been a problem to get to fit the chamber because of the inconsistency of the rim thickness but that is all worked out and that rifle with the barrel sights makes me wonder why I invest money in the high priced tang and globe sights as well it shoots like it is.

Alan.

I see you finally got your rifle!! that sure is a beauty!!
    I would like to see you bring it down to Lodi next spring.
    You done well!!

Cool

This is my Pedersoli:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PedersoliSharps1874_zps4bf5479d.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	61015

Name:	PedersoliSharps1874a_zpsc0eaf1dd.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	61016
    Just Another Voice in the Crowd!

You guys do realize that when Shiloh went to Big Timber original Sharps lines went out the window. The straight grained, clunky fitted early farmingdales were a lot closer to orig sharps. Oh the B.T.'s are beauts. Owned em, loved em but thats not really true to history. Just an FYI

Name:	005 (15).jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	63519

Boolit Buddy

Waiting to see the Montana Roughrider i ordered from Shiloh in 45-90. It's been a 17 month wait so far so hopefully soon.

Not here yet but on the way come next Monday.

74 #3 Sporter in 45-90

Last edited by ColColt; 06-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

In Remembrance
    Over the years, I have had a few Shilohs....#1 in 45-110, a 45-70 LRE, a 40-50SBN #1. (I still have the barrel for that rifle with the "Old Reliable" stamp on it, made before C Sharps made them stop using that stamp). I don't think I have any pictures of those. I now have a couple of Pedersolis:
    45-70 w/ MVA sights

Another Pedersoli in 45-90 with Ron Heileman Soule sight:

A 45-70 Rolling block:

The only Shiloh I have left is one built by departed friend Tony LaGeose in 44-90 SBN. Why BUILT by him you may ask? Well, evidently back a few years ago you could buy actions from Shiloh (maybe you needed connections too!). Please correct me if I'm wrong. He rifled and chambered the barrel and stocked the rifle just before he passed away suddenly. I'll need to take pictures of it as I don't have any now.
    I have not fired this rifle yet even though I do have brass and molds.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

What is that lever on the side of the Rolling Block for? Never saw one of those before. My old Navy Arms RB didn't have that.
    NRA Patron Member

In Remembrance
    ColColt, the side lever is an aftermarket item for lowering/raising the breech block. I believe it was an item sold by Lone Star. It has a special breech block and the lever. I just wish it could be made into a lefty version!
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Neat idea. I wished something like that had been available in the early 70's when I had my RB.
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Master

Jeez, you guys are killing me. I'm home recovering from surgery, so I have some time on my hands. Not necessarily a good thing. Just spent at least 12 hours on the Shiloh website - again. Thing is I'm 63 and I have a bunch of rifles that I'll never shoot. Some have never been shot. So I ask myself, would I rather have one rifle that I love and DO shoot, or a bunch of other (nice, tho they may be) rifles that I don't shoot?? Right. Easy. Trouble is, no matter which Sharps I price out, it always comes to about 4 grand...
    Doesn't matter which rifle. If I get what I really want, it's 4 grand every time. Also, what's the sense in spending maybe 3 grand and not getting what we really want?? No sense at all. Just gonna have to sell a couple more guns. I'm torn between a 45/70 and a 40/65. Like I said, I really want to spend some time shooting this artwork. Guess if I limit the ammo to black powder (I know, I should anyway) the 45/70 wouldn't be too bad, recoil wise. Decisions..... Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    Here are some pictures of my "Shiloh" 44-90 rifle that Tony built. He had purchased the action in the white, stocked the rifle, made the barrel, then sent the action "back East" to be color case hardened.

NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

In Remembrance
    Although not a Shiloh, I thought maybe some would enjoy the pictures of my original Sharps 50-70 carbine. It is well used but the bore is nice and shiny.

NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast