Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle Scope Suggestions

Boolit Buddy
    I'd look at the various long range forums and find a good deal on a very good scope. Especially one from a company with a warranty that applies to the scope regardless of what number owner you are.

For mostly range shooting, at known distance, you can do away with the super tactical knobs and first focal plane. You will be fine with regular target knobs, or capped turrets, and a second focal plane reticle. Both money savers. You are not under time and pressure to make adjustments, and will not be adjusting on the fly.

Get as much good scope for your money as you can. I'd be on the used market as $1,000 goes a long way there, and if the scope has a transferable warranty then all will be right with the world.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Lumpkin View Post
    I'd look at the various long range forums and find a good deal on a very good scope. Especially one from a company with a warranty that applies to the scope regardless of what number owner you are.

For mostly range shooting, at known distance, you can do away with the super tactical knobs and first focal plane. You will be fine with regular target knobs, or capped turrets, and a second focal plane reticle. Both money savers. You are not under time and pressure to make adjustments, and will not be adjusting on the fly.

Get as much good scope for your money as you can. I'd be on the used market as $1,000 goes a long way there, and if the scope has a transferable warranty then all will be right with the world.
    Best advice so far...you don't really say if you need/want external adjustment type turrets. If so you can usually find a Mark 4 used for about 900. They have a current owners warranty and Leupold will stand behind the Mark 4 no problem. Nothing wrong with a Vortex, but for the grade of glass you could find a used Nikon Monarch with the adjustable objective for half the money and actually have better glass.

Just as a reminder, in case folks haven't read this entire thread...I've already made my decision, purchased the scope, and couldn't be happier with my decision. Please be aware I am no longer needing assistance or suggestions. Just throwing this out there again, in case folks are posting without knowing I've already completed my purchase. Save you some keystrokes.

Boolit Buddy
    I see it now. Post #4 plain as day, and glad you got what you are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by liliysdad View Post
    With a PST at that.....yeah.
    Yeah. With the PST. lighting conditions were just right. The splash was big enough to see the grey smudge on the steel.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Attachment 174225
    Would I be able to see it all day everyday? I'm sure I wouldn't. I could that day.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12