RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Done it again! Lee pro 1000 coming home

Boolit Master

Done it again! Lee pro 1000 coming home

well I've done it again, another Lee pro 1000 headed my way, bought off E bay last night.

Got a fair deal on it, $63 and freight but it is missing parts, fortunately I have everything I need in spare parts to make it whole again!

Looks like I will have one set up for 40 S&W, one for 9mm and this new one will be set up for 44 Special / Magnum.

As always I look forward to seeing the exact condition of the press but with two others under my belt I know I can make everything on this press work but the priming system, LOL!

Lucky me it doesn't come with one!

Stay tuned, I should have it, with some luck, by next Monday! I'll post on this ahead it's actual condition and any planned repairs as needed.

HM

Boolit Master
    lol if it weren't for the priming system i would've kept mine. I wish you good fortune!

Good luck with your process and procedures. You are not the first person, nor will you be the last, to take corrective procedures to get the little buggers to provide the service you need. Once you get the new acquisition set up you will be ready to roll on at least four calibers. Sounds like a pretty good plan. Let us hear of your progress. I did some similar finagling back in the mid 90's with 2 Pro 1000's - and 1.5 load masters, plus Lee and RCBS hand primers. I eventually went blue with 450s and 550s but I still think the Lee's provide pretty good value and fit the bill for many folks.
    regards,

Priming seems to be the weak spot in progressive presses. My RCBS Pro has it's share of problems too.

Boolit Master
    OK the Pro 1000 showed up in the mail Friday afternoon and it is a little better than I expected it to be!

Linkage is not sloppy and no play in the ram, since I have a shell Carrier and hex rod it looks to be like I can have it operational in the morning, if I want.

It has the old style base on it so Titans T305 primer chute will not fit, but I can buy a new base for 12 bucks and the primer chute will fit in it!

Everything else should swap over and, since I need to buy a powder measure for it any way, I'll buy both next payday and have her running by months end.

The one I picked up used was complete, set up for 38/357 with dies and shell plate. only thing that was missing is the cover for the primer tray. Paid $80.00 shipped. Thing is I don't own a 38/357 yet. I did just score a set of 9mm dies with a turret head for $26.50 shipped. Still need a 9mm shell plate and the tray cover.

Boolit Bub
    Love my pro 1000's except the priming system.. i actually just decap then hand prime them while i watch tv lol..

Boolit Master
    My Pro1000 I use two passes. The first pass deprimes and resizes. The second pass bells, drops powder and seats the bullet. I hand prime also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustinxxx View Post
    Love my pro 1000's except the priming system.. i actually just decap then hand prime them while i watch tv lol..