Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph review

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Two Cops show up to a home invasion shooting to find the homeowner bent over the squirming perp with a pair of needle nose pliers in hand...

Cop..."Hey, what are you doing?"
    Homeowner..."I'm getting my lead back!"
    That could be any one of us.... Ha Ha ha.....
    May we achieve our aims....

Boolit Buddy
    dragon813gt You are correct. Thank you. Labradar price doesn't seem that far out of line if it works.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldcanadice View Post
    dragon813gt You are correct. Thank you. Labradar price doesn't seem that far out of line if it works.
    It works. I had issues w/ lining it up w/ the target properly. It wasn't picking up every shot. Since I started using a square to aim it, it's been perfect. The only missed shots were caused by firing to quickly. It has an armed light so if you pay attention it won't miss any shots.

Boolit Master
    I shot a few cheap chronographs, but they were hard to clean and had a kind of metallic taste. I probably should have breaded them.

Now I've got an Oehler, and it does a great job, but with the separate sky screens, I'll probably never get to try the breading.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I always liked the pact chrono and I have several different brands. Pact are also the cheapest to repair WHEN you finally shoot one. Actually what I do now is not to shoot through them at a target. when looking for a load. I shoot for group and if I like the results I have the chrono set up on a GOOD camera tripod at standing height. Then I fire through it to get velocity, extreme spread etc. Haven't shot one since doing it that way. What would happen with some guns is muzzle blast would sometimes cause the chrono to get out of alignment and I wouldn't notice it. Now I'm not concentrating on the target and group but rather just getting the rounds between the screens and I get all the information I need.

Boolit Master

I recently got a Caldwell kit chrono, the ones with a tripod, etc. Just used it for the first time this past weekend. It worked fine.
    Somewhat of a hassle to get set up, at least for the first time. I am fortunate to have a short range out back, so I can take all the time needed to get it right.

It did everything it claims. A few error messages, no idea what caused them. Had to shut down the machine twice to clear the message and get going again.

For me, the biggest hassle is getting the info off my phone and onto a useable computer. I tried emailing the files - one.....at....a....time..... ugh.
    Finally uploaded the files to Google Drive. I still have to modify each file (string) individually to get a useable printout on regular paper. Kinda clunky, but it works.

Boolit Bub
    I think LabRadar is the nicest I have used over the years. It is a bit pricey though but I am amazed we have affordable Doppler Radar that we can use for measuring our bullet speeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12