Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart goes P.C.

Moderator Emeritus

Wal-Mart goes P.C.

One of my friends was in Wal-Mart in Mineola, TX yesterday and he was talking to a sales associate in the sporting goods. My friend was wanting some H.P. bullets for his 9mm and the associate told him that they would no longer carry H.P. bullets because they were tooooo dangerous.....he also stated that the board of directors were changing the stores in to P.C. institutions.......Is that not silly....ever seen someone run over by a 230 hardball round.....it is not pretty!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I was in the locale WM here and they didn't have any 40 cal hollow points.

Boolit Master
    P. C. Will lose them business, quickly!

Boolit Master
    When they pulled all the AR15's I knew it was headed that way.

Boolit Master
    I do not shop at walmart and could care less what they sell or dont sell. However, a 50 caliber muzzleloader will punch a much larger hole through any target than a 9mm hollow point, and I would bet that wally still sells some black powder supplies.

Boolit Master
    I very much hate shopping at WalMart too.

I'm kinda stuck, I don't like em either, but they're the only general merchandise store around here for close to 30 miles.

Boolit Grand Master

Yea but here they are closing the HP's out at 10.00 a box. Makes sense to me????

^Oh yeah...I may have to stop in then!^

Boolit Master

The one thing you will almost never find at Wal-Mart is Customer Service.

Boolit Master
    Corporate policy, go to your LGS or mail order. I still love Walmart for the best prices around.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    Corporate policy, go to your LGS or mail order. I still love Walmart for the best prices around.
    Right, and like you I like saving money.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a big fan of Wal Mart and never have been, but use it sometimes for convenience. I hate it when I do, but .... I'm getting tough enough to take it. I've never liked or TRUSTED Wal Mart because, like all big conglomerate businesses, they tend to sooner or later be run or controlled by folks who do NOT have the best interests of the avg. citizen at heart. And I've never seen this fail, over time. They've been WAY too PC for WAY too long for me to shop there any more than I practically have to. Just my view, of course, but that's the way it is on this end of the line.

Boolit Master

Very strange to see NRA members; shop at Walmart and join AARP nether company as gun owners best interest at heart.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    like all big conglomerate businesses, they tend to sooner or later be run or controlled by folks who do NOT have the best interests of the avg. citizen at heart.
    Just why would anyone think a company would have "best interests of the avg. citizen at heart." Hate to say it but the only people they have to look out for are the owners/stockholders.
    I'm not a huge wally fan, but I gotta admit I drop a lot of money there for one reason and one reason only. They are the cheapest place around, when I want service or better than average product I go elsewhere. With all that said I'm gonna run down and see if I can find some cheap ammo!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

NJ has basically been a dry state when it comes to ammunition, powders, etc. for the big box stores for awhile now. Pretty much stuck with Internet.

Boolit Master
    I'd check mine but they never bothered to restock after the panic . Why pay more when I can make it at home. Their produce is pretty awful anyways, if it weren't for the dang diapers.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I'd check mine but they never bothered to restock after the panic . Why pay more when I can make it at home. Their produce is pretty awful anyways, if it weren't for the dang diapers.....
    I know, we buy their diapers too. Can't beat the price and they are good.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    I support the local merchants in my town as much as possible.
    Having had a business there before, I know how much that means, and how important it is to their survival.
    I buy my car batteries , motor oil and dog and cat supplies at Wal Mart, but do most of my shopping at Ingles supermarket. They have much better meats and produce.

Boolit Grand Master
    Walmart has gone steadily downhill since Sam died and his son was killed in that plane crash. The really bad thing for small towns is the have gotten big enough to run most of the locally owned stores out of business, due to pricing.

Robert