MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any 1911 45 Fans???

Boolit Master

Any 1911 45 Fans???

Hi,
    Saw a movie that I thought was pretty good action adventure flick!

Called "Hit Man Agent 47" the lead players used 1911 45's alot in the movie and showed the old war horse is still the great pistol it has always been!!!!

Just sayin!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Still working the kinks out on my beginner model =). They sure are some fancy and pretty guns though, and what a dream to shoot! My knock off was dirt cheap and still feels like a well tamed cannon. I just wish the price tag was a little lower on the nicer models but that is always the case. I've got the idiot mark on the slide and still fumble putting it back together occasionally. I know the steps, that damn lever just doesn't always want to pop right back in yet.

reloading for it is a dream, the large case, plentiful cheap brass, and takes just about any boolit shape I throw at it. My new mold is sitting here glaring at me for not casting any to try out yet.

Vendor Sponsor

TY seagiant, found that movie getting it now..

Hard to beat a pair..

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I am a fan. Have 4. First handgun I bought. LLama. Got it in high school in Spain.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    I am! And therefore I consider crimes of the highest order what Imbel does here in brazil... it produces a full size 1911 in 380ACP featuring a 5" barrel...

Link of gun store showing 1911 and price (R$ 3900 translates roughly around US$ 1200!!!!)

http://www.paudefogo.com.br/produto/365

They also make a smaller 1911 380, and .40S&W versions, as well as 9mm and regular 45s for the army in brazil. Since I don't want to have a 380 and don't have the permit for a .45 I collect pictures

I like the surreal reloading sequence of Woody Harrelson in Zombieland (silly movie, gave me some light laughs)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNFOTlwaEHk

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I just got my first one. 'Always been a wheelgun man. I think I'm gonna like it, but I haven't been released to shoot anything yet though. (still fresh from carpal tunnel surgery)
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I think I have the "BEST" two molds for the 45 AUTO! (my opinion!)

The MP HG#68 200 gr. clone!

And the LBT LFN 230 GR., both in 4 cavity!

Both these molds are a pleasure to use and the kicker is the seating depth, taper crimp are the same for both boolits!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Those are nice pistols!

I have to show my "retro" build!

Caspian frame and a Colt/Brazilian Army slide!

Hand checkering, a S&W take off barrel, Ahern checkered ebony grips.

Frame and slide lapped in and a trigger job using Power Custom jigs!

Front site is peened and soldered!

Rear site is a "10-8 Retro"

Wilson Combat mags!

Just a no frills combat pistol that always goes, bang!

Boolit Grand Master

I have colt, kimber, sig, RIA and looking for a Springer TRP. I love them and will continue to collect them.

Boolit Grand Master

Three at the moment, been carrying one of the three on a reqular basis for 35 yrs now.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Purchased my first one in 1974. Have a bunch now. Haven't found it's equal yet and I have tried a bunch.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-07-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Boolit Master

Love mine. Stainless so I can mess with it and stagalite cause that is what the first pistol I ever shot 30 years ago had.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_183722.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	171808
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Saw a movie that I thought was pretty good action adventure flick!

Called "Hit Man Agent 47" the lead players used 1911 45's alot in the movie and showed the old war horse is still the great pistol it has always been!!!!

Just sayin!
    I like this guy. Rupert Friend a.k.a. "Peter Quinn" the CIA bad@ss in the "Homeland" series.

"Agent 47's" movie guns:

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Not a pretty gun , it knows how to shoot.
    Auto Ordnance Corp competition model 1911A1

Attachment 171809

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by varmintpopper View Post
    Not a pretty gun , it knows how to shoot.
    Auto Ordnance Corp competition model 1911A1

Attachment 171809
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it look very functional.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_4595.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	171810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_4594.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	171811Here is two favorite 1911s of mine. The Colt National Match 1911 was my duty gun in my law enforcement career. That target was shot at 25 yards with a full magazine of 8 rounds of my +P duty loads. The S&W 1911 was my match gun. After a match barrel was fitted the target was fired at 25 yards from a Ransom rest using 8 rounds of Federal 185 gr. Gold match ammo. Both guns were extremely reliable for both duty and IDPA pistol matches. That one hole with the S&W can be covered with a 5 cent nickel.

Banned
    Any 1911 45 Fans???

Isn't everybody?

I have an old Auto Ordnance 1911 from the Hurley NY days. You know the one, the one that everyone says is junk, etc.

I have had it for a long time and it just works. I have had it so long that I am on my third extractor.

It shoots the Lee 452-200 SWC like a laser.

Over the years I replaced the stock grip safety with a beavertail to eliminate the bite. I upgraded to real walnut stocks from the plastic. And I finally replaced the sights. The old GI sights were hard to see so I drifted in a new rear sight and my son generously staked on a new front sight.

I love that gun and want to be buried with it.

Steve in N CA

Yeah, got a few of 'em.....

Boolit Master

I'll bet my life on mine.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    Got 4 and love them all.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast