WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lead score!

The lead wheel weights are going away. Period.

There are many places to find lead in ginormous quantities...but those are few and far between.

I think of looking for lead as a journey. It takes times to do it cheaply, but for folks with a bunch of $...it can be done immediately.

I've met several folks that have "inherited" a lifetime supply of lead, from someone that had acquired it. Many times it's a legacy thing. If you're serious about helping save lead for the future, sooner or later you will find someone with a bunch of lead that will entrust you as the "keeper of the tradition".

And most of the tire shop folks I've met, are good people that would rather make a friend's day (by giving us a bucket full), rather than sell it for $30-$50.
    And some folks just sell it outright.
    As for myself, it's a cool hobby to seek lead in small or large quantities. It is a focus hobby, which takes our mind off of our daily problems.

-Butchman

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma
    Asking tire shops for cast off wheel weights reminds me of what it used to be like when I was single and asking women out for a date. Ya get a lot of "No thank you" responses.................but when you get one "Yes", it can be a walapoloozer of a date! I just kept askin' and lookin' forward to that hot voluptuous red-head! Today's "voluptuous red-head" is a 5-gallon of mainly lead wheel weights.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12