RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulk Buy Price??

Boolit Buddy
    Just called and took it all. Thanks for the advice guys.

Boolit Grand Master

Good Score. I hope its all good stuff that you can use.

Boolit Master
    follow up report and photos required! 10
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Buddy
    Don't worry i will bring along my ace photo journalist. Sounds like its all stacked up on pallets for me should make for a pretty picture.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .455 Webley View Post
    Don't worry i will bring along my ace photo journalist. Sounds like its all stacked up on pallets for me should make for a pretty picture.

Wow makes it even easier to load that route. Nice haul!

Boolit Buddy
    Makes me wish i had a fork lift.

Boolit Buddy
    Update

Yesterday I was able to take the trip and get the lead. After calling around, I found out that Penske trucking offers a flat day rental with no charge for mileage, and on top of that, they have a very healthy AAA discount. The people that I dealt with could not have been better and worked with me to hash out a lot of different scenarios of vehicles and pick up points to get me the best deal. They earned all of my truck rental business in the future.

The seller guided me to the back side of his pole building and helped me load in all the lead. In talking with him, I found out that we went to the same college and got along quite well by the end of things. He mentioned that his dad;s friend worked for the phone company and that is where much of this lead had come from. I did a quick count and found more lead ingots than I had been told over the phone. Evidently he had come into another stash of his dad's hoarded ingots and put them into the mix at no charge. It's a pleasure to deal with men of honor.

On the way out, my Wife / Photojournalist / Assistant driver noticed a rather run down used tire shop and commented they they likely had tons of wheel weights. She pointed it out again on the way back and I stopped. The owner had just bought the place the week before. The place was still a total mess and he had no idea how many buckets he had in the shop. I took the three that we could get to quickly. I made him a low opening offer and he took it. So 400lbs of old mixed WW's were then loaded into the Penske.

A couple of good friends arrived just as we backed the truck up into the driveway and helped us to unload the truck and stack the ingots up between the studs in my garage walls. After all the helping hands were washed, take out Chinese food and cold beer was served to thank the un-loaders and the sister in laws for babysitting.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who offered guidance and help with this project. As is usual with this place, your combined years of experience have helped out a novice.

Gratefully
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160716_111238.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	172460

Boolit Master
    I got 2800lbs out of a guys basement. Took 6 hours to carry it all upstairs. 1 1/2 hr ride home, then empty trailer to take back to Uhaul. I was hurting the next couple of days. Got enough to last awhile.

Boolit Grand Master

Good Score, Congratulations! You went to a lot of trouble and up front expense but you now have enough lead so that you don't have to scrounge as much as you have been doing. Sounds like you have some good friends too!

After you get figured out what sort of lead you have I'm betting you can sell enough to defray your up front cost and still be sitting on a pretty big pile of lead. If the local scrap yards won't xrf gun it there are members that will test with one in exchange for a pound of lead per sample. You can just post in wanted to buy that you are looking for xrf testing and should have a response pretty quick.

Nice haul, lot of work but a real nice pile-o-lead.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Wow I'm jealous! Time to turn it into shiny boolits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12