RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil bay

Vendor Sponsor

Hmmmm....
    Hard to understand why they list bullets

but not want to list gas checks!

Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 07-31-2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: removed ebay link
    Chill Wills

Boolit Bub
    Count you blessings. I got shut down about ten years ago and they stole all the money in my paypal account. That was about $1100.00. I tried to get it back but got no where. I understand that some state's AG filed class action suits and got money back for some of their citizens. I was selling things that are still being sold. Parts and such. I curse them all and wish them the worst!

It's always worth challenging them but I guess at the end of the day it's their site and their rules.

I received an email from our version of Ebay a while back. When bidding on a firearm the site operator requires the bidder to enter their firearms licence number. I never use my licence number for privacy reasons but instead use a sequence of letters and numbers that fit the format. The site 'noticed' I had not used the same number as last time and wanted to know why. I told them I wanted to know why they were collected data they were not entitled to and that if I won the auction the transaction is between me and the buyer and not any of their business. They went away.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

In Remembrance
    After looking at the Amazon restrictions I can say if they enforced them there would be very little hunting and reloading stuff on there.

They list camouflaged gun cases as restricted, no quad rails or black rifle accessories and no "ammunition components". No brass of course. The restricted list is far more detailed and much longer then eBay's. I've listed stuff on GunBroker, sales were so slow I stopped listing there. But I put up a few listings this month. GunBroker fees are reasonable, but they need combined shipping rules and calculated shipping. eBay always had the best international traffic, people are addicted to eBay and PayPal buyer protection.

Boolit Master

You can get along just fine without ebay. I just sent you some proof that online sales are possible without their indispensable help.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush7 View Post
    GunBroker fees are reasonable, but they need combined shipping rules and calculated shipping. eBay always had the best international traffic, people are addicted to eBay and PayPal buyer protection.
    You can be addicted to things that are good for you. Feedback may work very well with big companies, with a corporate identity too valuable to change. But for small-scale products or unique items from private individuals, you need an enforcement system with teeth, and sellers won't get the sales without it.

Until recently I was working in Saudi Arabia, and for a long time could use British or US eBay sellers interchangeably. In that situation a binding postage estimate was important. Sellers in the US have since been badly served by the post office, which increased overseas rates enough to stifle competition. It seems short-sighted, when the US is surely exporting more than it imports that way. Of course it affects sellers unevenly. I remember a few used to do a roaring trade selling 1950s baitcasting rod handles to Japan.

Boolit Mold
    Ebay blew me up too, as far as wanting to back, I would rather not, they are expensive and the fees I was getting hammered on, will only go to the customer as a further discount on my gas checks.
    I was only using ebay for the sake of convenience.... this has only motivated me to take them out of the loop and get off my butt and get a website started.

Boolit Master

Haven't done any business...buying or selling...on fleabay for years. Cancelled my listing on some (at that time) California-legal 10-shot SKS mags and replied with a somewhat threatening e-mail when I requested an explanation. Called and, after about a half-hour, got a "supervisor" on the line but might as well been talking to a post. All I could get out of her was that they had removed all listings for "gun clips" (which they had not) to prevent them from "falling into the hands of criminals or terrorists". When I pointed out that the same mags could be purchased over the counter at almost any LGS or gunshow in the country, she refused to respond and terminated the conversation. Haven't even browsed through their site in years but I still get an occasional e-mail advising that I need to update my registration info and password...NOT!!

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have bought and sold on EB for years . . . but not without some problems all the way. At one point, I had a fellow (and I knew who he was - a PIA - I blocked him from ever bidding on my stuff - took forever to pay, etc.) - he kept getting my stuff pulled by complaining it was not in the right listings, improper descriptions, etc. - all of which was untrue. Many of the items were bid up in to the hundreds of dollars with multiple bids. He'd wait until the last day and file a complaint and get it pulled. I finally was able to talk to someone at EB . . . what a waste of time. I would have had better luck talking to the south end of a horse . . . come to think of it . . . perhaps I was? None of them have a lick of common sense nor is there any rhyme or reason for some of the things that go on.

Perma-Banned

Liberals don't care. If they see something that they don't like they will destroy it if they can. Those of you who had listings canceled by Ebay probably got turned in by some libtard critical of what you were selling.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Those prices on Gunbroker are rediculous compared to Sage's.
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Boolit Master
    There is a simple solution; Evil bay bans us, we ban Evil Bay. I personally buy from EBay only when I can't find it somewhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12