RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil bay

In Remembrance

Evil bay

Gas check sellers got kicked off E Bay! Fought it three years ago and they put us back on. Not fighting again! Told the Lady you have double standards having complete firearms listed broke down .Advertisers on the bottom of there pages selling bullets and brass cases . Midway being one of there advertisers. She said that was not her department. How would you like a class action lawsuit with a few million plaintiffs?
    Rants over goodnight James

Boolit Master
    I know what you mean. I have sold on there for years. Their arrogance is exceeded only by their stupidity. It is one thing after another. Too many MBA's with no idea of how to run a business. And a business model that leaves out the sellers that made the company. Not to mention their ethics, or lack of.

Boolit Master

I had an eBay store a few years ago and they banned me because people kept complaining I was selling gun parts. When you talk to them, they don't care. I explained that they have a whole "reloading" listing section and what I was selling was reloading equipment. Didn't matter.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Amazon has everything,,,,or just about it will be the death of eBay
    .....tj

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    I had an eBay store a few years ago and they banned me because people kept complaining I was selling gun parts. When you talk to them, they don't care. I explained that they have a whole "reloading" listing section and what I was selling was reloading equipment. Didn't matter.
    I was a bit curious about that, cause I found all the parts for my marlin 60 on ebay just trusted numrich a bit more to have the actual screws I needed instead of guessing. Just about the only thing you CAN'T find on there is a reciever needing ffl transfer. But hey those lovely private facebook groups that buy and sell unregistered guns are still open....way to go guys!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I was a bit curious about that, cause I found all the parts for my marlin 60 on ebay just trusted numrich a bit more to have the actual screws I needed instead of guessing. Just about the only thing you CAN'T find on there is a reciever needing ffl transfer. But hey those lovely private facebook groups that buy and sell unregistered guns are still open....way to go guys!
    Yeah, they dinged me on a mold I listed. In the description I put that it was a good cast to use in Ar-15. Oh boy, they didn't like that. still claimed I was selling a gun part. Meanwhile,NyQuil can buy all sorts of Ar-15 paraphernalia on there.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sagebrush--Sorry about your tribulations with EB.
    But I saw your ad a few days ago. I need gas checks--I'll PM you.

In Remembrance
    Amazon is higher on there fees than Evil Bay. We can offer more savings on our own website .Feels great to be off EB . Tired of them giving our products to people who lie! Then refunding there money.

Boolit Master
    if I need em, I'll order direct from you sir. I still have my original box of hornady's for 357 that i have yet to touch though . Once I start casting for my rifles I'll put it an order. Do you sell aluminum or copper checks?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    if I need em, I'll order direct from you sir. I still have my original box of hornady's for 357 that i have yet to touch though . Once I start casting for my rifles I'll put it an order. Do you sell aluminum or copper checks?
    DerekP We have custom aluminum in every caliber and sell Gator copper checks. Most shooters here say the Gators are better than Hornady. Gators also have the bite on the inside of the check.

Thanks for your interest

Sage, welcome to the club. Had a long conversation with eBay folks today and they actually hung up on me! Some business lol. Off to other sites and of course our own. Leave it to a California tech company to make it more difficult for people to buy legal products.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Something else is going on! ebays lists Hornady checks. LEE's pictures of bullets, a no no. Molds etc. H&I sets. Something is fishy and, or gotten to them. Amazon shows Vulcan etc. tj

Boolit Grand Master

Why would we attempt to deal with anyone who is so rabidly against all that we hold dear?
    Although it's a shame, they are only biting off their nose to spite their face. Losing us as gun owners, shooters, and reloaders will also cost them the rest of our business in all other venues.Let them pander to the bead stringers, and doily makers if that's their thing.
    Dealing with Cast Boolit sponsors and vendors will help both parties and our own selling and trading does the same.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

right in the middle of england"birthplace of the industrial revolution"
    Same thing has happened to me in the uk, eBay has removed all my gas checks I had for sale, I know there charges are high but its surprising how many people go straight there when they want stuff.
    Sir Winston Churchill said "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by yonky View Post
    Same thing has happened to me in the uk, eBay has removed all my gas checks I had for sale, I know there charges are high but its surprising how many people go straight there when they want stuff.
    I might have known you were on here! I've just dropped you an email.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Sagebrush, I have bought checks from you on Fleabay before and they work great. Will hit up your website when I need more.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    They told me they removed a listing for ideal 35cal checks yesterday,and am waiting for a reply to my informing them that listing is close to 6months old /sold and paid for money spent buying more checks .Perhaps they are looking for a response to my question of where does ebay find this many brain dead folks that can"t speak understandable english

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Gavin Hodge down in South Carolina also sells copper and aluminum gas checks, but they pulled his eBay auctions too. You can contact him directly for pricing and current availability if you want. I just ordered 6,000 gas checks from him directly ... his (and my) gain ... eBay's loss!

GAVIN HODGE <ghodge601@bellsouth.net>
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Amazon has everything,,,,or just about it will be the death of eBay
    .....tj
    They have both been going a while, and I would always look first on eBay for anything on which quick and easy enforcement might be necessary, or for which detailed description and illustration is needed.

I can imagine a class action, perhaps not by millions but by hundreds, if a lawyer would do it on a no-win, no-fee basis, but not if it required money up front. But lawyers go for that if there is a reasonable chance of a percentage on a big win, even with Erin Brockovich prodding them on. A win isn't that likely, and how do you take a percentage on someone being allowed to sell gas-checks on eBay again?