Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Finally found a reason to own a glock.

Boolit Buddy

Finally found a reason to own a glock.

When i'm hanging out at the gunshop and people ask about the glock I am not afraid to give my opinion. They are ugly, grip angle is wrong and made of plastic. They also always go bang, are not expensive, fairly light and I can cut the center out of the target with one. That being said I just don't really like them. I finally found a reason to buy one. Did I mention the triggers are ****? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glock.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	171091 It mostly hides the ugly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13407103_10154310759573060_2734051634667836305_n.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	171092 With sights and green laser.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Banned

I don't own a glock, but that seems as good as any reason.

Boolit Master
    I feel the same way about my glock. I don't fit right, too light, sexy as a YUGo, but I hit better and faster. The timer don't lie. I shot a 1911, 92fs, BHP 9mm, still faster with the plastic molded toy. Just my 2cts

Boolit Master
    did i mention that i was planning to date a very ugly girl?

for a fat girl...she don't sweat much! but makes a great grilled cheese sammich!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    did i mention that i was planning to date a very ugly girl?

for a fat girl...she don't sweat much! but makes a great grilled cheese sammich!
    Now that paints a picture!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Banned

shoot one enough and the ugly goes away. Its why few people that buy there first glock don't end up buying another.

I've shot Glocks a number of times. I can hit with them, but I have to actually think about doing it. For me, the grip is not instinctive and by design shoots low in my hands. I will not own one. I will stick with my 1911 and my revolvers. With the 1911 I can quite literally close me eyes, draw, extend my arms and fire and be on a B27 target at 15 yards.
    "Ignorance is curable, but Stupid is forever!"
    -Granddad

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe I'm too old school. Guns should be made of metal; if not steel, then an aluminum alloy, but definitely not plastic.

Plastic is for grips, stocks, and hand guards, not the main stress bearing structural component of a firearm. With that said, Glocks are good, affordable, and reliable guns. Would I own one, no. If it's my only option and I NEED to use it, I would not think twice about it; they go bang every time.

Let's face it, if the polymer that they use wasn't up to the task, Glock wouldn't still be making them, and other gun manufacturers would not have developed polymer pistols of their own.
    7.62NATO - because shooting something twice with 5.56NATO is just plain silly.

Good as any reason to buy a Pistol Caliber Carbine - get a suppressor for that thing and it will be a really fun toy.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Is this a chassis or do they have longer barrel.

Banned

It is a modular carbine "upper" with a Glock "lower"
    Last edited by jmort; 06-28-2016 at 10:28 AM.

"Good as any reason to buy a Pistol Caliber Carbine " You won't need a tax stamp either.

Boolit Buddy
    And you think a Glock is ugly? Wow.

Boolit Buddy
    Actually it is a chassis. A roni chassis. The Glock is intact and unmodified under all that. That is not a barrel shroud it is my liberty mystic suppressor. This is a two stamp gun. Legally now a sbr or short barreled rifle. There are other uppers that attach to the Glock lower with correct length barrel and oal but this isn't one of them. There is a short angled barrel shroud that I removed to add the suppressor. It has a line wolf threaded barrel and an upgraded trigger. Trigger still sucks but it is a bit lighter than factory.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Master

My son has a Glock in 357 Sig, I like the way it shoots, bought an XD Subcompact mod.2 in 40 and added a 9mm ported barrel, 357 Sig barrel is next.

Boolit Master
    Way back when in the revolver only days, 1911 afficionados spoke of its reliability, blablabla. IPSC proved some of those claims BUT the 1911 had usually been to visit a GOOD pistolsmith for some extensive modifications.
    GLOCKS don't inspire the pride of ownership like a cosmetically enhanced pistol or revolver, but they work out of the box. I've run 2000+ rounds per month on either 9mm (17 and 34) and more recently 45acp (41 and 30S.) I installed KKM barrels to shoot lead and not damage brass..and got enhanced accuracy as a bonus. The only modifications were OEM "minus connectors" on the guns that didn't have them AND a black sharpie on the sights.
    As Joe Friday said, "Just the facts ma'am."

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Now that paints a picture!!
    Uh, yeah......one that can never be un-seen.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    Maybe I'm too old school. Guns should be made of metal; if not steel, then an aluminum alloy, but definitely not plastic.

Plastic is for grips, stocks, and hand guards, not the main stress bearing structural component of a firearm. With that said, Glocks are good, affordable, and reliable guns. Would I own one, no. If it's my only option and I NEED to use it, I would not think twice about it; they go bang every time.

Let's face it, if the polymer that they use wasn't up to the task, Glock wouldn't still be making them, and other gun manufacturers would not have developed polymer pistols of their own.
    The polymer is not used on any of the main stress bearing components of the firearm. Those parts are steel. I hated them until I forced myself to start using one. They are now the guns I shoot, carry, and abuse endlessly. I don't spend any time admiring them, though.

I do still prefer the fit, appearance, and feel of my 1911. I just trust the Glock more.

I own three of them, they are OK, but that is it. They work, but my 1911's work. When they have been around as long as my Star Super proof stamped in 1949 and still functioning then I will consider them as competition to a 1911. As stated they are OK, high capacity, light, and popular but not anything more in my eyes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    I own three of them, they are OK, but that is it. They work, but my 1911's work. When they have been around as long as my Star Super proof stamped in 1949 and still functioning then I will consider them as competition to a 1911. As stated they are OK, high capacity, light, and popular but not anything more in my eyes.

star model "A" 1922 in 38 acp

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast