WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: AZULA IWB Leather Holster

Moderator Emeritus

AZULA IWB Leather Holster

I've been looking for a IWB leather holster with a sweat guard for my 1911 Ultra. I ran across the AZULA holsters on EBAY and bought one. The holster is all leather with a spring clip holder. There is sweat guard that protects the area below the rear sight and the top of the beaver tail. The sweat guard is molded in such a way that the safety area is molded into the leather and the magazine release is not bothered by the holster. If there is slight issue the leather is not as thick and the holster is hard, but not impossible to re-holster. It is well molded. The holster is well made and if my mind serves me right it is backed by a lifetime warranty, remember at age 64, a lifetime warranty is not as big a deal as a few decades ago. If you are lookin' for a good reasonable holster or just want to join the holster of the month club you might give 'em a look!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Vendor Sponsor

Paul, you might want to include a photo? I can't find a link to them, only sale items on ebay and amazon.

Lifetime guarantee is good but I would not like to have to use the warranty, they are made in South Africa.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 06-26-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

DougGuy here my attempt to post a picture of the holster....PaulClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	171840
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Looks good to me! I could use another IWB holster for a different gun, always nice to have another clothing option for concealment.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    DougGuy here my attempt to post a picture of the holster....PaulClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	171840
    Hey that worked!

Here is how I came up on the idea for my IWB holster. I carried the Kahr CW45 in my jeans which worked best of all but got to thinking if I had to run or I got into a scuffle and the gun came loose, it might not be a good thing so.. I looked at how I liked to carry it and ordered an IWB holster from Black Hills Leather in El Paso. Rudy Lozano said he would make me anything I wanted, and would keep at it until I was satisfied with it, all for about $63 including shipping. I thought that was a good deal and a GREAT attitude from a holster maker.

I picked a design, then asked if he could give it some forward cant. When I got it, it had the clip straight down like your Azula, and the gun didn't "sit" like I wanted it to, so I made a paper template and drew the outline and where I wanted the ciip, and sent it back. Rudy made another holster that matched the template I sent, and it came back PERFECT!

Gotta love a guy who is committed to pleasing the customer, plus USA made..

In the jeans carry:

Picture that I photoshopped to show Rudy what I wanted:

What Rudy sent the first time:

What Rudy sent the second time (after I had made a template and sent it to him):

Back side (showing the Black Hills style #BH71 plus the 3 for 3rd variation):

Low ride, forward cant IWB *exactly* as I wanted it:

ANYONE who wants to use these photos to order a holster from Rudy Lozano, is welcome to use them. This is my own design for the Kahr CW45 pistol but he can use the same basic pattern and make one for a different gun.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

A fellow member stated that I needed to join the holster of the month club.....good lookin' holster DougGuy ..... the price does not sound out of line for me....because if the weapon is secure....then you are secure.....and I dont do cheap because my life is worth a lot to me!

Boolit Grand Master

Only problem for me is that the unprotected metal clip tears up belts. I'd rather have one on leather than a metal clip.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Wow, that fits much more flush and a smaller footprint than my crossbreed supertuck. Thanks for showing us the product.

Boolit Bub
    I am considering an Azula holster. the 2 slot pancake style. Could not find any comments on them. Think I will give it A try. Thanks.

Boolit Bub
    Bought the 2 slot Pancake holster. The leather is Thinner than my Galco but for the money it is well made. We will see how it holds up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Azula holster.jpg  

Moderator Emeritus

Gaterskiner, I was specifically looking for a IWB holster.....have several of the pancake holsters but they are difficult to conceal in TEXAS during the heat of summer.....The AZULA is very comfortable and well made.....I use pancakes during fall through early spring.....Paul

Boolit Bub
    Paul
    I'm sloppy I cover the gun with my shirt tail all year here in Fla. The azula holsters seem to be worth their price. Glad you posted.

PS.
    In Fla it's no big deal if your gun gets accidentally exposed.

Boolit Mold
    I recently started using an azula holster for my walther ppq 9mm. This is the best holster I have used for cc. The fit is perfect, the belt clip is top notch, and the comfort shield (extended leather ear) really makes it comfortable. This is a nice everyday carry holster and the price is right!

They do now have a website where you can buy directly from:

azulagunholsters.com

Moderator Emeritus

I've been carrying for over 3 weeks now up to 12 hours per day.... very comfortable and would highly recommend the AZULA holster....Paul