RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I cant find load data for .223, 762x39 or 762x54r With cast bullets and powder coatin

Question I cant find load data for .223, 762x39 or 762x54r With cast bullets and powder coatin

So I have been sick for a long time ( Long story but Im all healed up now) So I want to get back into reloading. I have many many many. notes on pistol ammo. But I cant remember what I was going to do for the rifle rounds. I have molds and sizer's for but cant find any load data. Can someone point me in the right direction. The only book i have dedicated to Cast bullets is the Lynman Cast bullet Handbook 3rd edition. Would the 4th ed have the info I need? I am also looking over on castbullets .com but I haven't found what I need yet. I would rather buy more molds/powders then pay for facial or finger reconstruction surgery.
    Molds are all lee:
    C312-155-2r I'm thinking .762x39
    C312-185-1r I'm Thinking 762x54R
    C225-55-RF I'm Thinking .223

Powder I have is Hodgon Varget
    Thnak for every ones help

Boolit Buddy

The Lyman AR Reloading Book will give you some data on the 5.56 and X39

I've got the 4th ,what are you needing info. on .
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Just the load data and powders for the cast rounds . Im going to head our right now and see if i can find a coppy of the 4th edition.

does the ar book have cast bullet data?

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKEYE BANDIT View Post
    The Lyman AR Reloading Book will give you some data on the 5.56 and X39

I've got the 4th ,what are you needing info. on .

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I use the Lyman CBH #3 and #4, as well as the Lee hardbound book. And data from manufacturer websites (only), not suggested or "pet" loads from a forum or net group.

Get a #4.

Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Obmi View Post
    Just the load data and powders for the cast rounds . I’m going to head our right now and see if i can find a coppy of the 4th edition.

does the ar book have cast bullet data?
    The Lyman #4 Cast Bullet Manual will have load data for both the Lee .312" 155 & 160 gr. cast bullets for the X39 as well as the Lee .312" 185 gr. RN for 54r. as I shoot those bullet,not sure about the .223/5/56 as I don't have the manual in hand but I know the Lyman #49 has cast load data for 223 for a couple different Lyman moulds.

The AR handbook should cover any cast data from all there different manuals combined http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/p...arhandbook.php

Moderator Emeritus

If you are wanting to function a 556 AR, look for H4895 powder.
    If you are wanting to shoot 223 in a bolt gun, you choices are many and can be found in Lyman CBHB #4...I like RL7 for medium loads up to 1800fps and I've read some good things about titegroup for 22LR equivalent loads.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

You probably won't find info specific to powder coated boolits but from my extensive experience with Hi-Tek and minimal experience with powder coating I find the data for conventional lubed data works fine.
    The Varget I have not used but it should work fine in the AR with the Lee boolit. I use H4895 in my AR but both are close in burning rate. I also found that it is easier to use linotype for the 22 caliber boolits as they fill out better and the alloy is strong enough to withstand shooting in most AR loads. I have shot heat treated linotype to over 3,600 fps in my Contender 23" barrel. Same load goes about 3,100 fps in my AR with 16" barrel. Best accuracy is around 2,700 fps. Linotype is for sale here often and at a reasonable price. A pound makes many 55gr boolits. Also found that for best high velocity accuracy Hornady (same as Lyman) gas checks are best.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I use the Lyman CBH #3 and #4, as well as the Lee hardbound book. And data from manufacturer websites (only), not suggested or "pet" loads from a forum or net group.

Get a #4.

Banger
    I'd second that. You do find good and well tested loads on sites like this, and after seeing people posting for a while, you get a feeling for how sensible they are likely to be. The same goes for printed books, written by someone with a sound reputation. But sometimes what look like pet loads online are really "Wonder if other people think I can get away with keeping a leopard?"

Boolit Mold
    Check the stickies for 7.63x39 info.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I didn't change any of my loads when I switched to powder coating. It didn't seem to make any difference except for all the benefits of using powder coating.

I did change my alloy though. I used to have to use up to 16bhn hardness for some loads. Now everything works just fine at 12bhn.

Motor