Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCIIl Checkmaker tools FYI

In Remembrance

FCIIl Checkmaker tools FYI

Talked with Charlie today, the end has come! Charlie will soon give up offering FCIII and FCIV's. High machining and material cost will put a stop to his business. Would you pay $250.00 - $ 300.00 for a tool?
    Would like to here from all here that uses his product. Please post your comments here!
    Thanks James

Banned

Sorry to hear this. I was consider ordering a couple few IIIs. I have two IIs. I would pay the $$$, but that price point is a potential barrier. He could do periodic group buys.

In Remembrance
    He has a few tools left. Do'nt wait to long. He went out for estimates for machining. They ranged from $ 250- $550. He then matches up the parts and bakes them. Cleans out the carbon and adds the spring, fine tunes. He knows most will not pay more! His cost runs about $115-$ 150 plus supplies. I noticed he has been selling out this last batch for a $112.00. I saw the hand writing on the wall. Been buying spares for the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Sorry to hear this. I was consider ordering a couple few IIIs. I have two IIs. I would pay the $$$, but that price point is a potential barrier. He could do periodic group buys.

Time to get them done in Chiner or India.

Boolit Buddy
    357's and 50's have not been listed for sometime now. On GB that is! -tj

If the good old boys at Lee were smart they buy the rights and produce them. It terms of volume you can't beat a FCIII.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Grand Master

This is a sad thing to hear. He is correct in that the new cost would be to high. It's already on the edge as it is. Hopefully someone steps in to fill the void. I am glad I already own the ones I need and I can't imagine ever wearing them out.

Boolit Master

does this mean Pat Marlin is the only game in town for dies now or are there others out there?
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    If I couldn't use my FreeChex tools to make gas checks I would just forget it and buy checks.

Honestly when you look at the workmanship that goes into a FreeChex tool, each one is really a custom made tool, and consider the cost of being in any kind of business, it is amazing Charlie has been able to produce the tools he has. It's obvious to me that he never did this for the money; he made these tools because he loves all aspects of shooting and helping others that feel the same.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear. I have 2 and passed on a .50 last year and now am kicking myself.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Wow, i hate to hear this too as i have a new .308 and no 30 cal. check maker.
    I've been meaning to call him, hope it's not too late.

I would not want to pay that much for a check maker, but considering how many checks i go through in a years time the price of buying them would add up pretty quickly too.
    Knowing the quality of Charlie's tools, i can't honestly say i wouldn't save up for one or two, even at that price.

Boolit Master
    After reading the op's post. I ordered a 30 cal. So Charlie had at least 1 in stock.
    To show the kind of man Charlie is. I ordered it yesterday morning on GB, sent my confirmation immediately. Message came back before noon, with mailing instructions. I sent a conf. for snail mail add and indicated that my check would be in todays post. By 4pm another message from Charlie of my messages being received and my check maker was already in the post office.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    After reading the op's post. I ordered a 30 cal. So Charlie had at least 1 in stock.
    To show the kind of man Charlie is. I ordered it yesterday morning on GB, sent my confirmation immediately. Message came back before noon, with mailing instructions. I sent a conf. for snail mail add and indicated that my check would be in todays post. By 4pm another message from Charlie of my messages being received and my check maker was already in the post office.
    That is the kind of guy Charlie is, trusting and honest and everyone that knows him knows that is true. He goes the distance to help a fellow shooter out, I know this from my own personal experiences in dealing with him. I am just glad I have three of his tools.

Boolit Grand Master
    I ordered a .30 cal today and payment has been sent. Very fast response from Charlie.

I had been putting it off as I have a couple of thousand purchased checks but if the supply is going to dry up I want to be prepared. I could probably have made one but why reinvent the wheel when there is a darn good wheel out there?

Don

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the heads up! I quit procrastinating and ordered two check makers. They should be in the mail tomorrow.

I grabbed the two i needed today, one FC11 and one FC111. Again, thanks for the heads up Sagebrush7.

Boolit Master

Thanks sagebrush, I have been putting off getting a .30. Just went on GB and ordered one.

Edit: Happy dance! My .30 has shipped.
    Last edited by Fishman; 06-26-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

i emailed Charlie and he still had some left Thursday and bought a .22 and a .30 He had .44 .45 and .375(9.3mm) still left at that time.

Banned
    Thanks for the heads up & contact info. Bought one each of all calibers left.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    If the good old boys at Lee were smart they buy the rights and produce them. It terms of volume you can't beat a FCIII.
    That's exactly the message I sent to LEE Precision in an email today.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast