Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope it's ok to post a thread---update

I won't give up, I won't back down. Words I live by. And I put my foot up a *** at the va yesterday. Things are now getting better. They took him off the Ziprasodone, and put him back on seroquel at a much lower 200mg dose) and Ropinorole (requip---- it's for RLS). He started the seroquel back last night, and today, he was able to handle the Trauma ICU where his baby sister is without freaking out. So that's a positive in my book. Yesterday, he had a meltdown in the ICU when the nurse took off her bandage, today he helped the nurse take it off.
    Im so glad his doctor listened to me, because his sister is gonna need her big brother to be on his A game for the next few months.
    I know it'll be a week or more before his medication change is working fully, but, I'll take a little over nothing any day. Just seeing the difference between yesterday and today makes me positive the previous med wasn't right for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Very good to hear from you again. Wish things were going better but we all know you're a scrapper and won't give up.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 06-26-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    ~Andrea

You are very kind. Thank you.
    I too, hope he gets back to smelting. He loved it, and it was very good for him. I also think it would be great therapy for him as well.
    Hes been dabbling in woodworking, he's really good at it too. But, he doesn't have a lathe and there's things he wants to make that he can't make without one so he doesn't get too in depth with it much. He did make me a entry way table and carved some of it by hand. But that took him weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Glad to hear of his update. It's not much but I have extended (no cost) your Vendor Sponsorship until 2025. Hopefully he will use it as therapy to get better.

Take care,

Robert
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

Talking weeks is normal for good woodworking, especially carving. It is the rare and unusual artist who can do something like that in a couple of days. For most of us that would be slapping something together. It may be possible that you could get woodworking listed as an occupational therapy. If you can they likely would spring for at least a small lathe and perhaps a full size one.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

I wish you were close by, I have a very old antique Lathe I would love to borrow out...while it's almost prehistoric, it is functional. Sadly I have only used it for one project (for four legs of a coffee table) since moving into this house in 1993. It's been in the attic for 20 years.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the update and my prayers are with your family.

Boolit Master

I've got an old Craftsman wood lathe that I'd give up if you were closer. Again, thanks for the update, and you're right the requip will settle in over time.

That is so kind. We are quite a distance from you though. And antique at that. We love antiques. There's a antique store just about 3 miles down the road we want to stop at one day, but just haven't had the time. Between VA appointments and taking care of my sister in law, there's just not enough hours in a day. Cory hasn't done any woodworking this month, he's been preoccupied with taking care of the ugly garden the previous owners had here. Pine straw everywhere. Gah I hate that stuff!
    I can't wait for cooler weather, then I can landscape without feeling like I'm in the dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I wish you were close by, I have a very old antique Lathe I would love to borrow out...while it's almost prehistoric, it is functional. Sadly I have only used it for one project (for four legs of a coffee table) since moving into this house in 1993. It's been in the attic for 20 years.
    ~Andrea

The requip has helped immensely!! I swear that's a wonder drug.

On another note.... Do any of you know anything about Tdrl/Pdrl? I spoke with HRC Friday re: his Crsc and TSGLI paperwork and she told me that he will be eval for Pdrl in October. Is this like a va C&P? What should I expect? So lost on this, he was not retired via the typical army measures. I had to fight for him to get that retirement through Arba.

Also, we hired a lawyer Friday to overturn this Brady act thing. And In it, found some lies and half truths from the VA used by them to Brady act him.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I've got an old Craftsman wood lathe that I'd give up if you were closer. Again, thanks for the update, and you're right the requip will settle in over time.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

Can't answer that question, but if you have pine straw and sunlight, plant blueberries. I bed mine in pine straw, they love the acid. We now have six quarts frozen and are still picking from what were originally four plants - 15 years ago!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Oh wow. Nice!
    I want to do some onions because we eat so many, potatoes, asparagus, green beans, carrots, pumpkins and I wanna "try" to plant a pineapple. I saw on Pinterest you cut the head off, let it dry for 2 days then plant. And the next year or so it splits into 2 and gives you two nice pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Can't answer that question, but if you have pine straw and sunlight, plant blueberries. I bed mine in pine straw, they love the acid. We now have six quarts frozen and are still picking from what were originally four plants - 15 years ago!
    ~Andrea

Moderator Emeritus

I take carbadopa/levdopa(carb/levo for short) for the RLS and it has very few side effects I have noticed... it is a generic and cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by 2HighSpeed View Post
    I won't give up, I won't back down. Words I live by. And I put my foot up a *** at the va yesterday. Things are now getting better. They took him off the Ziprasodone, and put him back on seroquel at a much lower 200mg dose) and Ropinorole (requip---- it's for RLS). He started the seroquel back last night, and today, he was able to handle the Trauma ICU where his baby sister is without freaking out. So that's a positive in my book. Yesterday, he had a meltdown in the ICU when the nurse took off her bandage, today he helped the nurse take it off.
    Im so glad his doctor listened to me, because his sister is gonna need her big brother to be on his A game for the next few months.
    I know it'll be a week or more before his medication change is working fully, but, I'll take a little over nothing any day. Just seeing the difference between yesterday and today makes me positive the previous med wasn't right for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12