MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope it's ok to post a thread---update

Hope it's ok to post a thread---update

Didn't wanna clog up the traffic.... So those who don't care dont have to scroll or read through.
    Dd214 is now a DD215- full medical retirement. Awaiting the Crsc BS now. Backdated retirement to date of original discharge. The CO who pushed him out has been "reprimanded", but a friend of mine said the co actually got a pink slip. Oopppssss..... Sorry, not sorry. That man messed with the wrong soldier, he has a wife whose give a damn Is a little rusty.

This is just a whole new world to me. I'd give anything to have that happy sweet man back. The man who spent hours smelting lead for you all. I miss him. But, the lord gives me glimmers of that man once in a while. I'd take that over the alternative any day!
    He has talked about getting back into smelting. But I don't think his back cam handle it. 35 years old and he walks like he's 75 most days.
    The TBI is staying stable, for now. He's being bounced around on meds to get him off the seroquel, his dose was really high and caused some cholesterol issues. We're managing, one day at a time.

Just bought a house, on the outskirts of Clarksville in the country (we don't even get high speed internet out here). It's so warm and beautiful and peaceful out here.

Kids are doung great. 3 are teens now. All are doing amazing in school.

Well, that's about all the news I have. I miss you crazy ole farts.... Ya'll where there through it all and gave me that backbone I needed to stand tall & fight. Thank you for that!
    ~Andrea

Banned

it's good to hear from you Andrea..
    keep us informed, hope everything gets settled down.

Banned

Thank you for the update. Justice delayed is justice denied, but way better than nothing.
    God Bless and God Speed

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Thank You for making this DIRTY OLD MANs day with that good news.

Now tell me iffin youall still go fishing

By the way Girty said she sure missed you and yours.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Moderator Emeritus

well, that's good news,
    thanks for the update.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Whew that update brought back some memories alright as well as a lump in my throat. Thank you for being a fighter for justice and the one you love. I hope and pray that the Lord grants better days that will include some casting and pouring and all those things he used to enjoy.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Moderator Emeritus

Great to hear things are getting better. I just stopped my low dose of seroquel ( used for side effect - once at night to help sleep) as the dreams really bothered me. Was on it for about 10 years. I feel his pain with the back, literally. I am basically done being able to work myself and first hurt mine at 34. Tell your husband to hang in there, he will find a way to balance the pain and still have a life.

Yes we do go fishin. As much as we can. I made him trade in his motorcycle (that sat for 2 years since we left Texas) for a boat. It's a small bass boat but it fits the 6 of us and his service dog so it works. One day we will get a pontoon because these boys aren't getting any smaller and they crowd me in it.
    Tell girty I've missed her too.
    We still have a fight to be had. I'll post those details below.
    ~Andrea

So our next fight.... To understand, you need to know what the va rated him. Keep in mind, these are mostly based off the bullet wound to his face in Iraq in 2009 (he functioned mostly normal until August 2013). And partly due to the mva In Texas (so many of you got me through that, I can't thank you enough).
    Mva caused a secondary TBI.
    Va rated him 100% + SMC housebound.
    Social security backdated him to October 2013---- 6 months before he got off active duty.
    Dod rating is 50% on PTSD only because it had to go before Arba.
    During the discharge in December 2013, he attempted suicide.... With a catheter in his artery. He required oh I can't remember, maybe 5 units of blood or something like that because they couldn't get the artery to stop bleeding.
    So, the va Brady acted him. I can own. But he isn't allowed to. I appealed it. And they said they Brady acted him because of the PTSD. Now, he served 09-14 with his PTSD, they deemed him safe to carry then. How can they deem him unsafe now? And how do I fight it effectively? I've been fighting the, since August 2014 over this!
    ~Andrea

They have him on prazosin for the nightmares. The nightmares didn't start until the army forced him into "cognitive therapy" 2 1/2 years ago. Now he dreams of his best friend he lost in the incident that my husband got his Purple Heart from. He says he should have been able to save him. I'll spare you the details. But I'll say that there's no way he would have been able to save him. Not even divine intervention would have spared his best friend. They had to have a closed casket. Cory has survivors guilt over that. And it never came to the surface until a few years ago at ft Bragg. But once it came to the surface, his world turned upside down. The prazosin doesn't help at all. I wake up and redirect him when he's tossing and turning, even that doesn't help much. The va says "there's not much we can do, he's gotta sleep". I hate that army therapist who brought it all back. It was the start of a series of events that ended his career in the harsh way it ended.
    I really feel for the state of our military. The things I've seen the past two years just blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Great to hear things are getting better. I just stopped my low dose of seroquel ( used for side effect - once at night to help sleep) as the dreams really bothered me. Was on it for about 10 years. I feel his pain with the back, literally. I am basically done being able to work myself and first hurt mine at 34. Tell your husband to hang in there, he will find a way to balance the pain and still have a life.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

Not only OK to post the update - Thank You for doing so. We appreciate all that you do for your family and are glad to hear good news, too. Give those kids a hug from all of us.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Yes, Thank you for the update - tell him we are still pulling for him, and to catch a fish for us.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Ill need a step stool for that
    Im 5'7 and 3 of them are taller than me. The two 13 year olds are 5 8 1/2 & 5 9 1/4. The oldest is 16 now and 5 11.
    The baby, who just turn 9 last week is the only one shorter then me now. He's just barely 4' 11.
    These kids are growli like weeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Not only OK to post the update - Thank You for doing so. We appreciate all that you do for your family and are glad to hear good news, too. Give those kids a hug from all of us.
    ~Andrea

Cast Boolits Owner

Glad to hear of his update. It's not much but I have extended (no cost) your Vendor Sponsorship until 2025. Hopefully he will use it as therapy to get better.

Take care,

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    well, that's good news,
    thanks for the update.
    Plus ONE-caps for emphasis
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

In Remembrance

Thank you for the update. Your whole family has been on the prayer list at church for some time. You will remain on it.

No. 1.... You are very kind. Thank you from all the "Vets" on here.

"How far?... All the way!" 82nd AB.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master

Good news is always welcome
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

Very good to hear from you again. Wish things were going better but we all know you're a scrapper and won't give up.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Nice move No 1.

Cory said two things..... HOOAH and AIRBORNE

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    Thank you for the update. Your whole family has been on the prayer list at church for some time. You will remain on it.

No. 1.... You are very kind. Thank you from all the "Vets" on here.

"How far?... All the way!" 82nd AB.
    ~Andrea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast