Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Classic Cast ..Have you ?

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I like your fixture for the turrets. Are they made from PVC 90* elbows?
    yes , 3" inch pvc elbows ....
    Found a small floor drain face that slips into the elbow and screwed the drain face to the backing then slipped the elbow on with a small hole drilled thru the drain grate flange and the wall of the elbow for a "pin" or small nail for locking pin.
    There is room inside the elbow for storage of small items to go along with the die set ... as the elbow can slip off with the locking pin removed.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Thank you gentlemen for all the responses so far as they are just what I was hoping to hear as to the number of Turret fans here and also the other types of presses used as we all have are own taste in this very enjoyable sport/hobby .. please keep them coming in !

Horse people , computer people and us gun people ... hundred different opinions on the same subject.
    What makes the world go round.
    Last edited by Digger; 06-25-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Good job on the turret caddies digger. I picked up an Inline Fabrication turret holder, now I need a second one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/322...et-press-black
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I use a Lee Classic Cast press for all my rifle rounds and to mount my RCBS Piggy Back II on.

Steve..........
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    I use a Lee Classic Cast press for all my rifle rounds and to mount my RCBS Piggy Back II on.

Steve..........
    Sounds like a good combination .....

Been using my LCT for nearly 10 years now, love it! Have no desire to change to something different.

Yes , needed no other then all of a sudden a Hollywood comes along and how could I say no !
    Now I have a Universal standing next to my turret as I use it to seat my rifle rounds after cycling thru the turret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Been using my LCT for nearly 10 years now, love it! Have no desire to change to something different.
    My bench got lonely with out it on there. It just didn't "look" right for some reason.

Boolit Master
    When discussing turret and progressive loaders it is sometimes useful to indicate what kind of ammo you load and get your answers from people who can tell you what they load.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Just a thought here as other threads touch on this particular machine ...

Don't want to set up another poll but , curious as to how may here have and use the " Lee Classic Cast Turret" ?
    As I got into reloading with this model to start with and have found out that it has fulfilled all my needs from just the starting out and learning curve to ongoing use all these years very nicely.

The only extra machines that I have acquired since are two Hollywoods , a universal and a senior, both of witch I use in conjunction with the Lee at different times.
    Very enjoyable !

We all have different taste but was curious as to how many others use the Classic Cast these days in comparison to others in numbers.
    Digger
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Why did I choose a Lyman T-Mag II?...."It was the only turret I ever saw...was not informed of all the different manufacturers or their offerings, was not 'on-line' as now...couldn't just 'Googles' it. An old friend had it in it's box shoved under a pile...I found it while helping to organize his shop...when I realized what I could do with it...shazam! I horse-traded for it and took my lil-prize home. I'm happy to this day."

"I started with the old RCBS Rock Chucker on the left in 74...Why?...It was the only tool I ever saw that you could make your own ammo with. What a genius idea! It was in a gun shop...Had no idea of other tools available at the time. I bought it and never looked back."

"Since then and since my long apprenticeship in this hobby, I've added the LnL Progressive in the rear...I could give a long oration on 'Why' regarding that press...but...that's not the theme here. I just wanted to point out how some of us might have made the choices that we have."

Attachment 170559
    Another clean freak. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    When discussing turret and progressive loaders it is sometimes useful to indicate what kind of ammo you load and get your answers from people who can tell you what they load.
    I use my LCT for.....

.32acp
    .380acp
    9mm Luger
    9mm Makarov
    .38 Special
    .357 Magnum
    .40 S&W
    .44 Special
    .44 Magnum
    .45acp
    .45 Colt
    .223 Remington
    .30 Carbine
    .30-30 Winchester
    .303 British
    .30-06 Springfield
    7.62x54R
    7.5x55 Swiss

I have no reason to believe it won't handle anything else, except shotgun shells, .50bmg, 4 Bore, .700 Nitro Express, things like that.

Boolit Master
    I've successfully reloaded the following on my lee turret and had no issues besides operator error.

380acp, 9mm, 40, 45acp, 44mag, 38 spec, 357 mag, 30-06, & 223. I just got tired of pulling the handle 4 times for each round and switched to a progressive for 38s.

thread from the dead ....resurrected ?
    Forgot to mention I load ..
    9 mm
    38/357
    40 s+w
    45acp
    and 308 winchester ...
    not that long of a list but lately loading 308 quite a bit with three different rifles to choose from.
    The Classic cast turret does all very nicely ..

Banned

I don't think there's a better single stage press made than the Lee Classic Cast

I've "boiled" my presses down to a Lee Classic Cast single stage press (for loading rifle rounds), a Lee Classic Cast Turret press for my handgun loading and I have a Lee hand held press for load development or for just messing around when it's too hot in the garage and I want to do some loading or preparation.

I've had lots of different kinds of equipment from the early days (late 50's/early 60's) till now...I am one of the people that thinks Richard Lee is an innovative manufacturer and developer...I use the Lee autodrum measure and after all the years of never having something (of any make) that I really liked or trusted...this one is a real winner...Only thing of Lees I don't use is their scale...I use a beam scale but not the Lee...

The classic cast line of presses is the best bargain I've encountered.

Banned

^^^ This is all you really need
    I would add a 550 and that would be all I needed

Boolit Buddy
    Love my LCT. Use it for 9mm,.45acp,.38,and .357mag. I retired my loadmaster for my LCT. I just dont need the volume the loadmaster puts out anymore. I also have the LCC single with the lock n load conversion that I use for my rifle stuffs. I've been toying with notion of selling it and moving all my rifle stuff to the LCT.
    Quickshot

quickshot - I do 221 Fireball, 223 Remington and 45-70 on my LCT, works great, especially with the Auto Drum powder measure.

I fall back to my LCC and Redding Ultramags when loading 25-06 and 7mm Rem Mag. Not that they are too big for the LCT, I just get more control with the single stage.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Buddy
    I use a lee classic cast turret . It is one of many presses that I have . I hand prime my brass for that press and have had no issues so far . I did buy a few extra plastic gizmos in case it broke , however so far so good .

Have a Lee classic cast turret currently being reintialized.
    Was in a house fire and some plastic became rather funky.
    Debating whether or not it can be used for extensive reforming operations.
    Has anyone created, or had created, a special turret for larger diameter form dies?
    Any problem converting it to single stage operation?
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast