Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Classic Cast ..Have you ?

Lee Classic Cast ..Have you ?

Just a thought here as other threads touch on this particular machine ...

Don't want to set up another poll but , curious as to how may here have and use the " Lee Classic Cast Turret" ?
    As I got into reloading with this model to start with and have found out that it has fulfilled all my needs from just the starting out and learning curve to ongoing use all these years very nicely.

The only extra machines that I have acquired since are two Hollywoods , a universal and a senior, both of witch I use in conjunction with the Lee at different times.
    Very enjoyable !

We all have different taste but was curious as to how many others use the Classic Cast these days in comparison to others in numbers.
    Digger
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Banned

I have a fair number of presses, but I use the two Classic Turrets the most.

Boolit Grand Master

I have the LCT as well as the Classic Cast single stage. I use these two presses the most w/ the LCT getting the majority of the duty. I also have a Dillon 550B but it's rarely used because the LCT is a lot quicker to setup since I have turrets for every cartridge.

I have the LCC single stage, a Lee Challenger and an older Lyman Spar-T Turret and I actually use the LCC the most. I'm not usually loading for high volume though. When I do need to crank out a few hundred and don't want to take any more time than I have to, I will use the Lyman. But, some days I use reloading as a kind of therapy as it lets me concentrate and relax, and on those days I'm not in any hurry.
    "Ignorance is curable, but Stupid is forever!"
    -Granddad

Boolit Master
    I have the value turret from lee, was a gift from my parents to get me into reloading. worked like a champ until i felt like upgrading to a progressive. I still use it for the rounds I haven't bought new shell plates for yet.

LCT is one of mine and I have loaded tens of thousands of trouble-free revolver and pistol rounds with it. I generally use a single-stage for most rifle loading.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Like you I started with that press and continue to use it the most. I often have thoughts of a Lee progressive but just can't pull the trigger cause the turret does it so well.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Like you I started with that press and continue to use it the most. I often have thoughts of a Lee progressive but just can't pull the trigger cause the turret does it so well.
    The lee progressive presses are a different beast all together, I passed on them. IMHO the turret press is hands down one of the best products. Especially if you get the flat base and the auto ejector kit from inline fab.

Boolit Master

I have/had almost all the presses Lee makes. The LCC turret press is one of their best. It's a solid press with excellent tolerances. I have the LL Master (2) and they are set up for volume reloading for .380/9mm and the other for 45acp. The biggest problem with the LLM presses is priming, which has been solved to a great degree. I however still prime off the LLM's and use the extra hole in the turret for a Hornady bullet feeder. The Lee Challenger is dedicated to de-priming. For .223, 30-30, ect. I use my Dillon 650.

Another perspective..."Why choose Lee?"

Why did I choose a Lyman T-Mag II?...."It was the only turret I ever saw...was not informed of all the different manufacturers or their offerings, was not 'on-line' as now...couldn't just 'Googles' it. An old friend had it in it's box shoved under a pile...I found it while helping to organize his shop...when I realized what I could do with it...shazam! I horse-traded for it and took my lil-prize home. I'm happy to this day."

"I started with the old RCBS Rock Chucker on the left in 74...Why?...It was the only tool I ever saw that you could make your own ammo with. What a genius idea! It was in a gun shop...Had no idea of other tools available at the time. I bought it and never looked back."

"Since then and since my long apprenticeship in this hobby, I've added the LnL Progressive in the rear...I could give a long oration on 'Why' regarding that press...but...that's not the theme here. I just wanted to point out how some of us might have made the choices that we have."

Attachment 170559
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

I have a RockChucker, two Lee Classic Casts and a Forster/Bonanza CoAx all in a row for assembly line style reloading. My Lee's have the thread inserts not the breech locks.

All presses and dies are indexed and dialed-in for minimum eccentricity. Typically I use a body die followed by a bushing neck die. I use a progressive press for handgun.

I like the feel of the Lee's while I like the leverage of the RockChucker for sizing. The CoAx is most concentric for seating. Since it has quick change I also use it for decapping before brass prep and for separate step crimps, when I crimp.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Wow ! , excellent response's so far ...
    Great to see the "real world" situations as they come up here , most examples of gentlemen taking advantage of opportunities that are in front of them at different times of life.
    Like some here , took my time to research and made a "guess" and bought the machine that would work for me and has done very well so far for my needs .
    There are more "Classic Cast Turret" users out there then I realized ..
    By the way there "OS OK" ...like your shop set up there.
    Last edited by Digger; 06-19-2016 at 08:46 PM.

I like the round table too. Access from all sides. I built an island bench for access to all sides. Love it.

2 Classic Turrets, 1 Classic Cast single stage and 2 Redding Ultramags on my bench. Others have come and gone, these are the keepers that fit my handloading style.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Banned

^^^ You have good taste.

Boolit Master

I love mine. I set my pistol turrents up to work with inline fabrication's reverse rotation/auto eject and the production difference is amazing for such a simple change.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

I have a Lee Classic Turret and load most all of my calibers with it and have found it my favorite press. I have had many others presses and the Lee is the most easy to change dies in.

Ken

Yes , it is most enjoyable with the caliber/turret change efficiency , simplicity that makes it work.

Attachment 170722
    my caliber selection ....
    Last edited by Digger; 06-21-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Just a thought here as other threads touch on this particular machine ...

Don't want to set up another poll but , curious as to how may here have and use the " Lee Classic Cast Turret" ?
    As I got into reloading with this model to start with and have found out that it has fulfilled all my needs from just the starting out and learning curve to ongoing use all these years very nicely.

The only extra machines that I have acquired since are two Hollywoods , a universal and a senior, both of witch I use in conjunction with the Lee at different times.
    Very enjoyable !

We all have different taste but was curious as to how many others use the Classic Cast these days in comparison to others in numbers.
    Digger
    For some reason I can't post anything, unless I quote someone. I have a Lee Classic Turret, Lee Classic Cast, Lee Challenger, RCBS RS, and Dillon RL300. I use the LCT more than all the others put together. It's my "Go-To" for short runs, and quick load development. Oddly enough second place is probably a tie between the Lee Challenger and RCBS RS, but that's because of the location. They're on the bench in my den.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    For some reason I can't post anything, unless I quote someone. I have a Lee Classic Turret, Lee Classic Cast, Lee Challenger, RCBS RS, and Dillon RL300. I use the LCT more than all the others put together. It's my "Go-To" for short runs, and quick load development. Oddly enough second place is probably a tie between the Lee Challenger and RCBS RS, but that's because of the location. They're on the bench in my den.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    Sounds like that Dillon RL-300, needs a new home????
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

That didn't take you long.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast