WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lee Classic Cast ..Have you ?

+1 on the LEE Classic Turret Press. Mine sits on the reloading bench between the LnL progressive and the LnL single stage. Have used in going on 15 years. Probably have loaded more rounds with it than the other presses combined. If a part breaks or wears out it is easily and cheaply replaced.

"Have a Lee classic cast turret currently being reintialized.
    Was in a house fire and some plastic became rather funky.
    Debating whether or not it can be used for extensive reforming operations."

What are you starting with and what are you re-forming to? Something small like 223 to 221 Fireball, no problem. Something like 30-06 to 25-06 (or larger) you would be better off with a single stage press like the Lee Classic Cast or Redding Ultramag or several others on the market. I do a fair amount of re-forming and the Ultramag is great.

"Has anyone created, or had created, a special turret for larger diameter form dies?"

Can't help you here, no experience.

"Any problem converting it to single stage operation?"

To use the Lee Classic Turret as a single stage just pull the indexing rod. On the up stroke of the ram the turret will engage the captive housing. There is play in the engagement moment when the turret hits the stop that some view as slop or a design flaw. The Classic Turret is actually a very good design as things tend to self-center on the major work axis. I would not do really heavy reforming on this turret press because the upper frame/stop is bolted into the 3 vertical pillars. It does not have the strength of an O-frame or similar casting.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the Lee classic cast turret as well use it for 300 BO . I hand prime for it and have not had any issues.

Boolit Man
    I love my LCT! I load 45 acp, 9mm, 223, 44 mag and 45 colt on mine. It's hard to justify a progressive when it works so well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

On enlarging the die holes 1 1/2" die from 7/8" you need .3125 min wall thickness from the 7/8" die to the edge and from each hole to the next. This is bare minimum and dies will touch with no room for lock rings. Moving the holes in towards center isn't an option as the ram will be off center and it will also move dies closer together radially. This is the bare mathematics of the conversion you want to do. 308-243 30-06 to 25 06 or most forming chores should be doable on this press as it is. %0 bmg or other large dies calibers are going to be an issue with length of loaded rounds along with the die dia.

I don't think there's a better value than the LCT and it just works.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234