RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: 22 Hornet Collet Style Crimper for 22 Mag

Banned

22 Hornet Collet Style Crimper for 22 Mag

Hi Folks,
    I would like to buy a 22 Hornet crimping die and use it for 22 magnum. I just completed making a 22LR collet crimper. It took over 18 hours. I plan to also reload 22 magnum. I don't want to use up that much time on making another one. My question is can crimping dies be used on other rounds than they are made for if the bullet is the same diameter? Could it be modified to work?

Boolit Grand Master
    What are you using for a priming compound?? Is the mixing of chemicals safe? Stable? How much are yu making at a time?? Storing it??

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Taffer: It's all about the length of the cartridge case. If they are similar you probably can use it. If the .22 RFM case is shorter then you can trim the bottom of the collet off so that it hits the case mouth in the right spot.

Which shell holder are you planning on using in your press? You're probably going to have to make that too.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com