WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: monadnock machine brass barber

Boolit Master

monadnock machine brass barber

I picked up one of these today but cant find much information. Does anyone know if the shop is still open?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160617_140713.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	170406
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160617_140713.jpg  

Boolit Master

Not sure why picture posted twice but cant fix it on my phone

Banned
    I don't think they are around any longer. I was trying to locate them about ten years ago concerning a primer tool they made. What I found is they were the same Monadnock that invented the side handle baton that was real popular with police in the 1980's. By 2005 they were mostly out of business.

They appear to have made a small line of case prep tools with a very unique design. Well made and usable but unusual in application.

Ken

Boolit Master

Thanks for the information I couldnt find anything useful in my searches.

I picked up a hand priming tool and the trimmer with what looks like a 308, and 45 pilot. Almost looks like for 45 acp oddly enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-06-18 08.05.50.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	170449

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-06-18 08.06.21.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	170450
    Last edited by rmatchell; 06-18-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Monadnock Machine
    45 Cobb Meadow Rd
    Dublin, HN 03444
    (603) 563-8359

One-man operation. As he says: "I am getting older but still here!"

The trimmer works very well. I have used it for many years. Lube the index pin cup at end of cutter mandrel or it might wear off and change your length. If you touch the case mouth to some light oil (saturated cleaning patch is what I use) the cutter is cleaner and will last longer. I get a couple years out of a blade (several thousand cases each year) before I notice cutter drag. A little difficult to set up but once you get it correct for length and deburr it stays put.

Gary.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure Gary meant to say 'Dublin, NH'. 'Bout 5 or 6 miles from the house.

The company that made the police batons is also out of business. That factory is about 3 miles from the house. It's up for sale. Across the street from another building that's also up for sale and has been for about 10 years that I know of. Typical results of large conglomerates buying up small productive mom-and-pop specialty industries and running them into the ground. Maybe for tax write-offs. Who knows.

Monadnock is the name of the mountain near here. Some say it's some Indian language that means 'Mountain that stands alone' since it's not part of a chain or range of mountains. Also supposed to be the second most climbed mountain in the world after Mount Fuji in Japan. During the climbing season (the trails are very well marked), they take one fool off it a weekend who should of known better. Kills half a dozen a year as well. I've seem people try to climb it in high heels. Also ran into a woman coming down it bare footed. We called her 'Sasquitch'. There were other identifying marks....
    I can not know what I don't know.