WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Case lube for P.P.?

Boolit Master

Case lube for P.P.?

Someone on another forum advised me he has had excellent performance using Lee Case Lube on P.P. before patching. I have tried this..rubbing a small amount into paper until limp & patching in normal way & letting dry. The patching procedure seems to go faster than with my normal saliva on patch & dried patches show no tendency to be stuck to slick. Has anyone used Lee case lube in this manner?

Boolit Grand Master

I have used it on PP for black powder loads. I dilute it 1 part lube to 3 parts water and just dampen the patches. When dried you see a slight "sheen" to the paper and feels very little wax compared to dry patch. The dampened patch seems to roll better as the papers memory is reduced and it also stretches a little and shrinks tight when drying. I hae also used JoJoBa oil to dampen patches or to lightly wipe on after rolling. A drop on finger does 3-4 bullets then wipe excess off with clean patch.Either seems to toughen paper but not stop it from being cut by the rifling. I perfer the JoJoBa oil as it has finer confetti when fired.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Regards
    John

In Remembrance

I must be stuck in a rut about using just JPW on my wet wrapped then let dry patches before push thru sizing or before loading if needed.Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    I've used just a tiny dab of T/C's new bore butter (the blue stuff) to wrap for my .45 ML & a .375 H&H with very good success. Even run them through a sizer before loading. No issues.

Boolit Master

My brother paper patches bullets for his Martini-Henrys. After they are all dry he melts bees wax in a pan and stands the patched bullets in it til they are soaked through. He then takes them out and stands them on a cookie sheet til they cool. I don't know how well they shoot but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. People use a beeswax grease cookie under the bullet already.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu