Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When Do I Start Selling My Guns ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good for you girl!

A friend of mine has asked me to help his wife when he passes. He has put together an inventory and estimated value. For my "trouble" he has gifted me his Sliver Sietz but I will not take it. When the time comes, it will be sold and I will give the proceeds to his widow.

For those of you without children or grandchildren interested in your hobbies, it is wise to plan and find a person you can trust. Most spouses have no idea of the value of our toys.
    a silver sietz is one heck of a gift. should bring $10,000+ on a very bad day.

Boolit Master
    I started last month by giving each of my two sons 14 lond guns each. I am 72 and thought they could use them now and not once after I passed. Each got a M1 Grand, a M1 Carbine, muzzle loaders, bolt action rifles I had put together and a few shot guns. I am down to 8 long guns, one for deer hunting, two muzzle loaders and a AR-15 and a few 22 rifles I have built for bench rest shooting.
    It is funny how fast we get old, well maybe I can hunt for a few more years.

Moderator Emeritus

I was supposed to keep an FT-1000 Yaesu radio($1200) and the other a Yaesu FT-2000($1600) for myself. I refused and instead told them some of the antenna cable that would have ended up being scrapped for copper was fine since I can always use it and am using it. Stuff that would be hard to find a local buyer for and impossible to ship(7/8" heliax doesn't roll well without a machine). All under 100' pieces so not many could use them but none of my towers are over 35' so perfect for my use.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good for you girl!

A friend of mine has asked me to help his wife when he passes. He has put together an inventory and estimated value. For my "trouble" he has gifted me his Sliver Sietz but I will not take it. When the time comes, it will be sold and I will give the proceeds to his widow.

For those of you without children or grandchildren interested in your hobbies, it is wise to plan and find a person you can trust. Most spouses have no idea of the value of our toys.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345