Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Orlando

Shooting in Orlando

There has been a shooting in a bar in Orlando, around 2 am local time. Many people killed or injured.

Please pray for the folks injured.

I find it ironic that in a tragedy such as this the first thing that is asked for is prayer, then when the dust settles Christians are mocked for our belief in God. How sad.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Master

Was that the ***** bar that got shot up?
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-f...000000701.html
    an hour ago
    What we know

• A gunman opened fire inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others, police said early Sunday.
    • The gunman, who was carrying an assault-style rifle, handgun and possibly an explosive device, is dead after exchanging fire with officers at 5 a.m.
    • The gunman had taken hostages after trying to flee.
    • The FBI is treating the shooting as an act of terrorism.
    • Police say the suspect, who has not been identified, is not from the Orlando area. Federal officials are investigating possible ties to radical terror organizations.
    • Witnesses at the club described a chaotic scene.
    • The mass shooting comes a day after Christina Grimmie, former contestant on “The Voice,” was shot and killed by a gunman outside an Orlando nightclub as she signed autographs for fans after a show. The gunman in that shooting committed suicide.

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I will say the denizens of this board are very predictable. When these many innocent people are killed by a Jihadi, the first words out of their mouths are anti-gay slurs. When I opened this thread that is what I expected to find, and sure enough there they are.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    You are correct.
    The issue is that human beings were killed, and also it is one more strike against our second amendment rights.

I have no time for hatred, or any myopic world view. People died at the hands of another person with a gun, and another brick has been place in the wall against the 2nd amendment .

Before you criticize what I have said read 1st John.
    Yes as Christians we are to love all people. Even those who hate us, despise our beliefs and call us homophobes and haters because we are Christians and tell them what God says. And yes, ultimately, it will be us, God fearing, bible toting, second amendment supporting Christians that will be thrown to the lions for all of this.
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Banned

sounds like we need to ban nightclubs in Orlando.
    they seem to be gathering places for bullet magnets.

Moderator Emeritus

ID'd !!!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...do-killer.html

TERRORIST?

06.12.16 8:46 AM ET

Omar Mateen ID’d as Pulse Gay Club Killer in Orlando

A U.S. citizen born to Afghan immigrant parents has been reportedly named by law enforcement as the man who killed 20 and took others hostage last night.
    Omar Mateen of Port Saint Luice, Florida has been identified as the gunman who killed 20 people at a Orlando nightclub, CBS News, the Washington Post, and NBC News report, citing law enforcement officials. Mateen is a U.S. citizen; his parents are from Afghanistan, CBS News reports. FBI Agent Ron Hopper told reporters Mateen may have leanings towards Islamic extremism.

Mateen was armed with an assault rifle, a handgun, and what was feared to be an improvised explosive device. Mateen entered Pulse club around 2 a.m. Sunday morning and began shooting. After most of the 320 people there escaped, Mateen took hostages from a group that was hiding in a bathroom. Shortly before 6 a.m., a SWAT unit breached the club and engaged Mateen in what's being called a protracted gun battle. Mateen was killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    The religion of peace strikes again. That will be glazed over and the agenda of gun control will be pushed by the media. So sad.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I will say the denizens of this board are very predictable. When these many innocent people are killed by a Jihadi, the first words out of their mouths are anti-gay slurs. When I opened this thread that is what I expected to find, and sure enough there they are.
    I don't subscribe to the notion that the TWO above mentions of homosexual night clubs to be a slur, just an accurate description of the establishment.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I don't subscribe to the notion that the TWO above mentions of homosexual night clubs to be a slur, just an accurate description of the establishment.
    I agree. It seems someone was expecting to find slurs so he found them.
    Rule 303

Please point out a slur in what I quoted! You seem to be painting with an awfully wide brush...
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Please point out a slur in what I quoted! You seem to be painting with an awfully wide brush...
    Homo, *** and ***** are such slurs. I was not referencing your post. These fall into the same file folder as greasers, spics, chinks and n######.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    The mentions you mention were of "***** bar" and "gay club". There may well be equally loaded ways of describing what you believe in and/or enjoy. In fact I am sure there are. People may disagree with the habits of the victims, and are under no obligation to love them. It strikes me as a mighty funny hobby to have. There is nothing wrong with telling them so, if the subject comes up in conversation, though two tellings aren't any more likely to turn them straight than one, and seeking them out in public is intrusive. What is beyond dispute, though, is that apart from incidental offending just as common among the heterosexual, they were exercising freedoms they knew the law of their country gave them.

Looking at the religion of the perpetrator is looking at this the wrong way round, just like it would be in the not unlikely event that some demented Christian did the like. Mass shootings in the US seem to come from a wide range of supposed motivations. Even school shooters are so diverse that the Secret Service concluded there was no way of building a predictive profile. What appears to happen is that if an individual has it in him to kill large numbers of strangers. he finds whatever kind of "justification" is close to hand.

Banned

Not gonna stop!

on pbs tv ,,,, last month the saudies are beheading gays in town square and hanging their bodies up for few days. I think that was Frontline pbs show. So, the muslem wanta be will keep doing it in usa.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...do-killer.html

Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI

Mateen was a ‘known quantity’ to federal law enforcement before he killed 53 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.
    Omar Mateen of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.

Mateen killed 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”

Mateen was a U.S. citizen; his parents are from Afghanistan, CBS News reports.

The senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that Mateen was born in New York and was married for a time to a woman from New Jersey.

Father Mir Mateen told NBC News that the sight of two men kissing angered his son.
    “We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident,” the father added. “We weren’t aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country.”

The attack, he said, “has nothing to do with religion.”

FBI Agent Ron Hopper told reporters Mateen may have had leanings toward Islamic extremism. The law enforcement source told The Daily Beast there is no immediate indication that Omar Mateen had any direct connection to ISIS.
    The source did note that ISIS recently declared online that its followers should mount attacks to mark the approach of the holy month of Ramadan.

The message came in an audio recording from spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, released in May. Muslims around the world fast during Ramadan in honor of the first revelation from God to Muhammad. The terrorist group believes it to be a particularly opportune time for attacks.
    “Ramadan, the month of conquest and jihad. Get prepared, be ready...to make it a month of calamity everywhere for the non-believers...especially for the fighters and supporters of the caliphate in Europe and America,” Adnani said.

Mateen—who was armed with an AR-15-style assault rifle and a handgun, according to Orlando’s police chief—entered Pulse club around 2 a.m. Sunday morning and began shooting. After most of the 320 people there escaped, Mateen took hostages from a group that was hiding in a bathroom. Shortly before 6 a.m., a SWAT unit breached the club and engaged Mateen in what’s being called a protracted gun battle. Mateen was killed.

The deadliest single-person mass murder in American history before Orlando occured inBath, Michigan, in 1927, when a man bombed a school, killing 44 people.

je suis charlie

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Today a ***** bar, maybe next Sunday A big church full of worshippers. Nothing would make sons of mohammad happier. Coming to a venue near you!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Jihadists are equal opportunity murderers. A god fearing, church going, person has the same place on their food chain as an alternate life style practitioner.

Human beings were killed as result of Islamic teachings. The only thing that will appease them is for nonbelievers to die. Simple.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Well Sparky, according to your way of thinking calling a Black nigh club a N....., Coon or Jigaboo bar would just an accurate description. None of this is acceptable.

Homo, *** and ***** are such slurs. I was not referencing your post. These fall into the same file folder as greasers, spics, chinks and n######.
    Interestingly your the only one to mention all the other terms, and quite a few more spewed from your keyboard...

- only ***** and Homo and of course Gay were used.

If you look up ***** you will find it isn't always a derogatory term
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/*****
    Usage Discussion of *****

Over the past two decades, an important change has occurred in the use of ***** in sense 2d. The older, strongly pejorative use has certainly not vanished, but a use by some gay people and some academics as a neutral or even positive term has established itself. This development is most noticeable in the adjective but is reflected in the corresponding noun as well. The newer use is sometimes taken to be offensive, especially by older gay men who fostered the acceptance of gay in these uses and still have a strong preference for it.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homo
    Definition of homo

plural homos

• : any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (as H. erectus and H. habilis)

2homo

noun, ho·mo
      Definition of homo

plural homos
      often disparaging

homo adjective, often disparaging

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay

Simple Definition of gay

• : sexually attracted to someone who is the same sex
    • : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals
    • : happy and excited : cheerful and lively

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

So out of the 3 terms used only Homo seems to be truly derogatory - just saying

and acceptable to who - you or us. I grew up quite a while ago and don't feel
    like adding the PC terms being shoved at me by the Media (LBGTXYZ...)
    je suis charlie

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast