MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATF to stop issuing FFL to home based dealers

Banned

^^^ This makes no sense.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    It is about Time this was done. In the north east NY& NJ. This has been Going On for years. The home base FFL is just a scam for People to buy and sell For Cheap. This loop hole does Nothing to Help LGS who have a Physical store and running a business.
    If you can't afford to Have a store . , Pay rent, Overhead, Utilities. Then You don't need one For Yourself.
    I had a storefront. It was bad Enough to Make a Living But Competing with Guys sell For $20.00 over shotgun News prices . The FFL system was Just a scam For Phony Cheap Gun Dealers
    bad attitude??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Zoning and the sheriff's office control it here more than you might think. "Used to be you could....." doesnt mean a thing anymore. Best you can do is patronize your LGS and make a friend who won't beat you up on transfers too much, I am thankful for private sales.

Boolit Master
    It is about Time this was done. In the north east NY& NJ. This has been Going On for years. The home base FFL is just a scam for People to buy and sell For Cheap. This loop hole does Nothing to Help LGS who have a Physical store and running a business.
    If you can't afford to Have a store . , Pay rent, Overhead, Utilities. Then You don't need one For Yourself.
    I had a storefront. It was bad Enough to Make a Living But Competing with Guys sell For $20.00 over shotgun News prices . The FFL system was Just a scam For Phony Cheap Gun Dealers
    Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    There is absolutely nothing sacred about owning and running a gun store. No one owes you a living just because you want to peddle guns. If you can't compete you go out of business like millions of farmers and ranchers who cannot compete with large agribusiness or the doctors that can afford to ranch as a hobby. I refuse to do business with an entitled attitude. I sure as hell enjoy the bargains I get from gun show amateurs.

V
    EDG

Boolit Master

if someone else chooses to run a business in a different manner than , thats your problem not theirs.

Boolit Master
    I understand what yor saying ( I don't agree with it but I understand) the few people I know that have their ffl for the purpose of buying wepons cheaper are all collectors. They may buy 10 20 guns a year. The mass majority of people don't buy anywhere close to that. And they are the ones who come to you for their needs.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Banned
    No just the opposite you are required to have an FFL to buy and sell interstate by the GCA of 1968, but yet that gives a storefront guy the chance to jack up the true cost of a firearm so they can profit

Boolit Master
    I guess It a matter Of Getting The bargain. Bargains always Cost somebody , somewhere In the US something. My view Is Plain and simple Unless You have a Legit Business Operation. You should Be Denied
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Banned

I agree with salpal but for a differnt reason. What I saw back in the 70s and 80s when everyone was getting licensees was all the local gunshops dried up and went away and you couldn't even find one to go and look at the new guns or find deals on used ones. Heck for a while I had to drive a 150 miles to Greenbay WI to find a gunshop to buy powder and primers at or to look at guns. Since they've made it harder for in the home dealers weve had two new gun shops open, one 5 miles and one 35 miles from here. Lots of suppliers only delt with store front dealers so there was even limited run guns that I just couldn't order. Now ive got two stocking dealers that have to compete with each other on prices so in all reality a guy is paying about 25 bucks over cost for one at the gunshop. Then two the one here has a range so I can go and test fire it immediately and if I have problems down the line I can just drop it off there and they send it in for repair for me. No brainer which way I prefer. Heck if nothing else it gives me a place to go have a cup of coffee and talk guns.

Banned
    I guess It a matter Of Getting The bargain. Bargains always Cost somebody , somewhere In the US something. My view Is Plain and simple Unless You have a Legit Business Operation. You should Be Denied
    it's not about the bargain, it's about being forced to have to go thru a license to buy a firearm,

Boolit Master
    I really Do not use Or support any So called business That Does not have a " Store" other Than There Home or truck.
    I never use Construction People, Electricians, Plumber and Trade . That works Out Of there Truck. . That the old Tail light Guarantee. No place Of Business No job From me. License without a Place of operation Just does not Cut it
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

It's kinda ironic when ya think about it. Before the gun control act anybody could order a gun online, but small business anything from a local grocer to a gas station could sell guns. KMart, Monkey Wards, Sears among others all sold guns. FFL was a business opportunity that took from the pockets of local businesses that used gun sales to support their customers. Now small dealers are making it difficult for people/companies to have a tight hold on firearm sales. That is not pure captialism, it is no different than subsidies for crops, IOW government support.

I will not do any business with FFL that has a statist attitude, they don't belong in this country. They can go to a hot place reserved for evil, and greedy people.

Boolit Master

plenty of people run a legit business from their home, just because you dont like it, doesnt make it wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    I really Do not use Or support any So called business That Does not have a " Store" other Than There Home or truck.
    I guess you never buy anything out of the classified here on the Castboolit forum.

I guess you never buy anything off the internet either.

You’d be surprised at how many internet businesses aren’t businesses at all by your definition.

Boolit Buddy
    I love to frequent the LGS for small items and accessories. However probably my last ten gun purchases have been either Glock Blue Label or via online sources to include Buds. When I can buy the gun, pay shipping and a transfer fee and still beat the LGS that's where my business goes. Case and point...when I was looking for a Super Redhawk, everyone local was $775 or higher plus .08% tax. I purchased the gun with free shipping for $650 or a savings of over $150 even after the transfer fee. I'm just like most others in trying to stretch my dollars as far as possible.

In Remembrance
    I have never ordered any firearm except for muzzleloaders, period. If I could have found a shop that had a lefty in stock in a 400 mile radius, I wouldn't have ordered it either. I tend to like to look and feel what I am buying, and generally want it then instead of next week too. lol

All that said I have no problems or hangups with what size dealer I do business with, and gun show dealers are fine too.
    We have a very good gunsmith/dealer that operates out of his house. You would be surprised how much parts, equipment and stock is crammed in that garage, even the rafters is full of used stocks.

Most farmers run businesses out of their houses. Since when is it the government’s business to decide what constitutes a store front. There are many large volume internet dealers of many products that legally operate a home based business. No one is going through all the bureaucratic red tape and money to buy a few guns cheap. Not anymore. Please don’t give the government any more control of our lives, they already have much too much.

Boolit Master
    I never use Construction People, Electricians, Plumber and Trade . That works Out Of there Truck. . That the old Tail light Guarantee. No place Of Business No job From me. License without a Place of operation Just does not Cut it
    Who do you buy your capital letters from? You certainly seem to have gotten a bargain on them.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Some of the most talented gun builders, true craftsmen, I’ve ever known worked without a formal “storefront”. Some of the best gunsmiths and most knowledgeable shooters I’ve known also survived just fine working part-time from their homes.
    By contrast, some of the gun shop owners I’ve known through the years have been complete idiots, and although many of them claimed to be “gunsmiths” they were total incompetents that I wouldn’t let turn a screw on a firearm that belonged to me. They ran shops that were frequented by even dumber clients that enjoyed hanging around and “talking guns” to share their stupidity.

That said, I don’t care how you choose to do business as long as you follow the rules... If you are competent and do good business you will hopefully survive. If you are one of the incompetents, the sooner you are out of business, the better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast