RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a possibles bag, what are you using?

Need a possibles bag, what are you using?

Ive been lookin for a possibles bag haven't found one I like, what are you all using for a possibles bag?

You know all those little zippered nylon bags that come with the new battery drills, etc., they are great and come in all different sizes, have handles sewn on also.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    http://www.octobercountry.com/freetrapper-possible-bag/

mine is in distressed buffalo leather I knew what bag I wanted the wife decided when she ordered it it should have some character

remember bags weren't meant to carry the hole tool box figure out about the minimum you need
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails possibles_bag.jpg  
    Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 06-09-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Whatever you be , Be a good one

Perma-Banned
    a .50cal ammo can.

Shirt pocket for hunting. A charge of powder, a ball and patch, a paperclip, and a pinch of priming powder are all I need.

Boolit Master
    are we talking possibles bag or range box ? my range box is a tool box and small parts box from the hardware store with spare parts , for 3-4 guns, range rods and all sorts of stuff

my possibles bag is what I could likely need for a day of just me shooting or hunting
    Whatever you be , Be a good one

Boolit Master
    Check out October country they have all kinds to choose from. I have several they make a top quality leather bag and have excellent customer service. They also ship very fast. Ask for Linda if you call with any questions.

Boolit Grand Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2162.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	169846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2163.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	169847I make my own from blacksmith sides. These are 36 years old and still used every shoot.

Looking for a bag to carry everything when out hunting with my flintlock.
    The October country one looks nice, I don't have the leather skills to make my own.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    A simple leather bag with a flap and over shoulder strap. Inside a divider running the about 10 inch width. One side of the divided area also divided into two equal pockets. That bag will carry all I need to pop, track and field dress a corn cruncher.
    Mike in Peru until midnight 9 June
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    a .50cal ammo can.
    I'll bet that makes your shoulder sore........

I picked up at the local GS a cordura cammo bag with multiple spots to hold my stuff, that way it all stays in place and no rummaging for whatever I need.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    I obtained an old army surplus M9 gas mask carrier, relocated the straps so it now opens from the top, instead of the front. Been working great since about 1974. I think I paid something like $3 for it. Wished I had bought a couple more.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnug View Post
    I'll bet that makes your shoulder sore........

I picked up at the local GS a cordura cammo bag with multiple spots to hold my stuff, that way it all stays in place and no rummaging for whatever I need.

LOL! that's for range use. and the top makes a good place for a sandbag rest. for huntin' i carry my knife on my belt & what little I'm'a need in my coat pockets. a few caps, a 1/2 dozen pre-lubed maxi-balls, measured charges in some awesome tubes i got from the Red Cross at a blood drive and I'm pretty well set.

Boolit Master
    These are what I use for hunting...pre-measured charges and balls in TC load tubes held in elastic loops inside. Patches, worm, capper inside and I am ready to hunt. All mine are percussion guns but these small pouches on the belt are more than enough for me. Not traditional but they work for me.

Attachment 169853

Boolit Buddy
    4 cell ak 47 mag pouch with a shoulder strap. Perfect for shotgun because there is a compartment for wads, one for shot, one for powder, and one for smaller bits like capper and powder measure

Perm-Banned
    i got my poss. bag years ago from track of the wolf. then like any mountain man i had to make it personal and did some fancy stitching on it. did that years ago and because it was good quality is as good as the day i got it. if im roundball shooting i carry the starter on a woven cord around my neck as the straight razor for cutting off patches at he muzzle. every thing in its special place and it never changes so i know what and where every thing is. never break the routine.

Boolit Master

More than a few years back when I was into the rendezvous thing one of the guys I shot against was John Shorb, owner of October country. Some how I ended up with one of his fine possibles bags. He has sense sold the company and moved to a warmer climate. http://www.octobercountry.com/categories/Possible-Bags/

See if there are any trapper rendezvous or similar events in your area. Over here on the right coast, about an hour outside D. C. at Ft. Frederick, there is one every April. Lots of vendors selling Guns and accessories. But since your on the left coast you will have to see if there is one out there.

Here is a list of vendors fro a Year ago. Might find some one here.

http://www.friendsoffortfrederick.info/sutlers2015.htm
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

When we were children my brother got one of our Mother's old leather handbags from her. He has been using it as a possibles bag for over 40 years now. It is smooth leather with a finish similar to the sunset color scheme of some Gibson guitars. It is an excellent possibles bag, as good as any purpose-made bag.

I make mine from cowhide, deerhide and canvas. I also make my own ball bags.

This one was made for me by a friend.

These two I made.
    Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast