Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possible sign of .22's returning

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    A friend of mine called: "Hey, Big 5 has bricks of 500 for $89.00!" I about dropped the phone. I told him that was 18¢ a round. You can buy REAL ammo for much less!

He passed on that "deal".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    A friend of mine called: "Hey, Big 5 has bricks of 500 for $89.00!" I about dropped the phone. I told him that was 18¢ a round. You can buy REAL ammo for much less!

He passed on that "deal".
    Wow....that's why I love my 38 wadcutters

.22 shorts, that's something I would probably buy a hundred or so if I found em. No big deal though, I have a few rounds left and the rate I shoot them, they'll last a year or so.

Boolit Master

Charleston WV Cabela's had several types of .22 LR today: Federal HV match 719 was $5.99 per 50. CCI std. Vel. Was $4.99 per box of 50, Federal Auto match was $21.95 for 325 rounds. Also several brands available, I did not see a limit sign.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    .22 shorts, that's something I would probably buy a hundred or so if I found em. No big deal though, I have a few rounds left and the rate I shoot them, they'll last a year or so.
    Local Walmart had a few boxes of 100 CCI .22 CB shorts for $9.99 a box when I checked it out last week and they had Stingers too for $6.99 for 50. I left them for someone else that had a use for them.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

I visited Dunhams Sports today at the mall. It is my first time as it is new. They had lots of 22 on the shelves. It was mostly Remington (no thanks). I picked up one box of Federal Target to try in my CZ. It was $6 for 50 rounds.

Several stores in this area have 22 shorts in stock. Mostly CCI short hollow points. I used those on squirrels to deadly effect when I was younger.

Thanks fellows, I'll check wally-world next trip to town! I just like having some shorts on hand for certain things.

Tazman, I think shorts were all my dad ever shot. Guess they were all he ever needed when they were cheaper than LR's. A thrifty sort, he was.

I was at big 5 yesterday but they only had match stuff. It was $100 a brick. I figured I'd just get my hunting license and a bobcat tag.

Boolit Master

Academy has had all you want for some time. Bought 10 - 50 rd boxes of super Aquila for $3.99 box today. 22 wmr still extinct.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Bub
    Surprised they didn't PAY you to take the Aguila

Was that after taxes?

Boolit Master

I found Aguila high speed 22 shorts at the local Farmer's Co-op for $4.85 for a box of 50, I had never tried Aguila ammo until now but I was so shocked to find 22 shorts of ANY kind that I bought 4 boxes at that price! Turns out to be darn good ammo and functions perfectly in my little Beretta, they have a huge stock of 500 round bricks of the stuff and are selling full bricks of 10 boxes of 50 or breaking down the bricks and selling individual boxes but either way they have a BUNCH of the stuff on hand.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

I've never tried Aguila ammo either, but for a few bucks...what the heck. The worst stuff I ever tried to shoot in a .22 was the Remington "Thunderbolts". I was in a big department store some years ago and they announced a flash sale on them in their sporting goods department, $6.00 a brick. "How bad can they be?.." Bad enough I guess, I'm still finding partial box's of the stuff after all these years, and I know at least four box's went to local kids to just burn up. I'm glad I only bought one brick.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Several stores in this area have 22 shorts in stock. Mostly CCI short hollow points. I used those on squirrels to deadly effect when I was younger.
    I used to have a picture perfect mushroom from one of those that I shot into a squirrel length wise at about forty yards. They also worked very well for raccoons up a tree; they would stay in the head only giving one hole to worry about when selling hides.

Robert

Boolit Master

Dick's here had a pile of Federal Automatch 325 round boxes $24.99 for one but second box was half price, no limit. Remington bulk packs of 555 at $35. My wife brought home 2 boxes of the Federal, guess I'll keep 'em both(the wife and the ammo !)

Boolit Master

I've found aquila to be the best ammo out of all my 22 semis...the best. Bought it once because it's all I could find, now given the choice I'll buy nothing else.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

My local Walmart had a stack of CCI Standard Velocity 50 round boxes yesterday. I went back this morning and saw about 1/2 were still there. I picked up two boxes for less than $3.50 each.

Boolit Master
    Seems to be a break thru here. I had been seeing some .22RF at Walmart lately and now today there as a bit more even. I bought 6 boxes of 50 each Blazer .22 LR. Seems to be high velocity lead round nose unplated. CCI headstamp. $2.49 a box before tax. There were more on the shelf.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

No 22lr at any of the Walmart stores around here. There is plenty to be had at some of the farm supply and hardware stores though. Also at Dick's Sporting goods and to a lesser extent, the Bass Pro shops.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast