Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possible sign of .22's returning

Boolit Master
    Prices were up a tad, but academy had some of the bulk 500 packs behind the counter and tons of the 50rnd pricey stuff. Remington, winchester white box, and automatch.

They can stick their 22's where the sun don't shine...

Boolit Bub
    I was at Walmart yesterday and saw the first 22 magnum ammo I have seen in probably 2 years ($13.49 per box). That is excluding dealers asking more than $20.00 per box of 50. My 22 mag guns will sit in the safe before I pay that.

Boolit Master
    I saw that Walmart actually had some 22 LR ammo and .17 magnum ammo yesterday. Some bulk as well as 50 and 100 round boxes too. Bass Pro was actually fairly well stocked that day as well. I broke down and got a 1000 round box of bulk .22LR Winchester ammo while I was there. Not that I really needed anymore. I just never saw it packaged like that before. Bass Pro and Cabelas both has .22 magnum ammo of which I hadn't seen before at the stores. I am sure they had some come in, but it was sold before I noticed it. But .22 magnum ammo tends to be quite expensive though.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 07-03-2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: add more information

Boolit Master

I saw some Mini-mags and 22 WMR ammo in Walmart this morning. $8 for the 22 LR and $14 for the 22 Mag. There were about 20 of each. I didn't get any.

Cabelas has cheap federal for $2.99 a box. Haven't seen any cheaper.

Boolit Master
    Today, 7/3/16 was in the Cabelas that opened this spring in Richmond VA. Best selection of 22rf I've seen in 8 years. They had several varieties (standard vel, HV, HP, RN, subsonic, fragmenting etc...) of CCI, Aguila, Federal, Winchester, Remington, Eley, CI and at least single offerings of Armscore and Browning. Some in 50 and or 100 counts and bricks of some too. Last visit there were only about 5 choices but I got the max in Velocitors then and max in Winchester HVHP this trip. Lookout groundhogs this summer and the coon caller will get a workout this coming winter season. Prices were OK. $7.99 for the velocitors and down to $3.?+ for federal standards.

They had 17 HMR in 17 grainers and 17 WMR in 20 grainers

NO 22WMR I'm waiting for the 45 grain Dynapoints and 50 grain Federals to come back. My Mossy 340 loves that ammo.

Last edited by 10 ga; 07-03-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: safety 1st then accuracy
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Wife picked up 3 boxes of 22mag for us at Walmart a couple days ago at (cough) $13.49 per. First we have seen in a couple of years. Only have one mag rifle a Winchester lever that is soooo much fun to plink with.

Boolit Buddy
    Here in WI I've finally started seeing selection of rimfire. Shooter's Supply and Cabelas both had multiple value packs (500) rounds and multiple brands. Priced from 7-13 cents a round (I didn't look at the match grade stuff, I assume that was more expensive). Even Scheel's had a bunch of .22 albeit only one brand.

Boolit Master
    lmao my wife called me out in the middle of academy this weekend while we were shopping for sporting stuff for my son. I walked past the counter and mentioned "hey honey would you like a bucket of 22lr, I see they have one"

Classic response... "you already have x do you really need....." "SHUT YOU MOUTH NO ONE NEEDS THAT INFO!!!!!" She even played it down and said I only had 2 lol.....

Boolit Mold
    Got two bricks of Federal 510 yesterday for $29 each at a small, local shop. They had more .22 on the shelf than I have seen in a long time.

Don't get use to it. My last rimfire purchase was 2007, before I even heard of "the mooslime social worker" much less figure we'd have him occupy the white house. I just did what that little voice in my head told me and bought .22lr by the case @ $110.00 per 5,000. I don't sell it, I don't trade it. I shoot it and it'll last me the rest of my natural life.

Boolit Bub
    I'm old enough to remember .19/gallon self serve regular gas.

And, also old enough to remember the "gas shortage" (gotta put that in quotes, because it was bogus). Folks (politicians like to say "folks", kinda dumbs down the average moron voter ya know............I tend to think I'm a bit more sophisticated than a "folk", as are the average folks )

It's in the same league with "refinery shortage" these days.

Yeah, there's a dearth of .22 ammo right now, and ya suppose it's permanent?? They get the price up there in the Stratosphere, and y'all gonna find all the rimfire ammo you'd want.

Primer shortages, powder shortages............same same guys.

Kinda makes me think of the survival doooooods..............they'd never survive 24 hours without the internet, lights in the outhouse, and TOILET PAPER in the outhouse for that matter. It's all about acting like a squirrel, and hiding your nuts for the Winter.

K'kins (the love of my life), and I, were at the gun shop a few months back, and overheard a conversation between a customer, and the doooood behind the counter. Dood behind the counter: "Ought to be effective against Zombies". Customer moron: "Or real threats" (we were waiting for the obligatory CHECK YOUR 6 pose). Like this guy could muster the salt to defend himself if push came to shove? Probably freeze, like most others. Edit: Most other folks

Boolit Bub
    Imho............

Boolit Bub
    Don't fret, you don't have a fox in the chickenhouse. I like my guns.

I just tend to think a lot of what I hear is just plain BS.

And I'm old I ramble And it's Beer Nite (she gives me one nite a week to taste the Hops)

Carry on..........(big smile)

cabelas and gander mountain had plenty..don't know about now..price was .07 each and cabelas was free shipping on orders over $99. Got all I want or need and now no more hassles with 22.

Boolit Master

I just returned from Camp Perry. Champions Choice had CCI Std. Vel. For $425 a case. When I picked up my case they said they had 418 cases left. The supply was there 3or 4 days later,but they closed due to a death in the family.
    Last year they had 400 cases and they sold it all within 2-3 hours. There w
    has always been a supply of the high dollar ammo.

My ammo cupboard has dwindled down to just 6 boxes of very old Winchester "Rabbit Ammo"

I checked the website of one of our largest shooting suppliers two days ago and saw that Federal Standard and CCI Standard rimfire pistol was in stock (i.e. available). Tried to ring but the phone just kept a recording of "please hold and you will be answered shortly" for well over an hour. Yesterday I drove over 400 miles return trip to the shop only to be told, "we don't have a single box in stock, but we have a million rounds on back order!"

So as not to completely waste the trip, I bought 4lb of pistol powder and 5,000 small primers for the 357mag. Looks like centrefire and service match are going to be popular until Christmas at least!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Buddy
    swung by Cabela's again, prices are up a couple bucks for packs of 50 and 100 and all but the high quality "I'm training for the olympics" bricks were gone.

That was a short burst of hope on my part...

Boolit Master
    Dicks in Prescott Valley, AZ has lots of Fed Auto Match, 325, for about $20.00. Remington thunderbolt 500, $28.00.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast