Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Ruger "Single Eight" in ".25ACP+" vs "Handloader" .250 Magnum Auto.

Boolit Master
    I am still waiting for my gunsmith to finish my two remaining new 8-shot, .22MAG Alloy 1144 Steel aftermarket cylinders reamed out .25ACP and .25ALR with Cylindrical .2795" Diameter chambers respectively. This winter here continues Wet, Cold and Windy interspersed with some Sunny days.

Too wet or cold or windy to work in my outdoor reloading shop still.
    At least my Powders and Primers are dry, snug in their sealed surplus Ammo can containers.
    It looks like I will need to have a "Spring Cleaning" to clean up my tooling after this winter season of humidity induced corrosion and rust.
    This month's 'Discretionary Funds' will be used up Saturday to have my two dogs Bathed and given Haircuts for their coming Spring comfort.

Their winter coats have grown thick and reduced their 'Exuberance' when let outside to 'play'.

Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 04-06-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    in here in the last seven days; but windy every afternoon so no outside loading yet.
    This Sunday is forecast to be 83 Degrees out so 'the weather is a changing'.
    Winter Snowpack Report was encouraging at 160 to 200 percent of normal and California and DWP water reservoirs at 80 percent capacity already, it looks like another Nondrought year with Drought rates and penalties still enforced.
    It seems All Levels of Government are Addicted to the Increased Revenue they get from the 'Drought Temporary' Increases and Penalties revenues received.

The local settling basins are full already, percolating the impounded Rain into the ground water areas of the San Fernando Valley.
    I wonder if the ground water level will ever get up to match what it was in the 1950s, about 69 feet down; as of the 1990s it was 212 feet Down.

Chev. William

Boolit Master
    My gunsmith is going to be out of the shop for about a month starting May 9th to work a Film Project. Good income for him!

Chev. Wiliam

Boolit Master
    My gunsmith is back in the shop after being out for TWO Movie Projects, now to continue toward finishing two new 8-shot cylinders for my Ruger Single Eight, one in .25ACP and the other in .25ALR so I can get back to testing loads. These will be custom straight cylindrical walled chambers of .2795" diameter, no taper at all.
    This should halt the 'bulging' of cases I experienced with standard Tapered Chambers.

Chev William

Boolit Master
    June 29th I picked up my completed .25ACP 8-shot Ruber Cylinder with its cylindrical .2795" diameter Chambers along with four boxes of CCI Blazer .25ACP in Aluminum cases.

Visually, the chambers look very smooth and even but the throats look like they were drilled but not reamed. I think this is OK for now as I do so want to shoot it to see how cases come out of these chambers.

My original .25ACP 8-shot cylinder was done with tapered, semi-auto style, chambers and all my fired brass came out with annular bulges just ahead of the Case Web. Not good for Long Case reloading life.

Now to plan a "Range Day" to enjoy shooting my 10-5/8" barreled Ruger Single Eight .25ACP Revolver again!

Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Ahhhh ha.Let the fun begin.Looks like fun times ahead .
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345